Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 Chevrolet SSR Brickyard 400 Pace Truck For Sale

History
This Chevrolet SSR is only one of two built in this configuration and the only one ever offered for sale to the public. Originally a part of the General Motors Heritage Collection, it was sold at the Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach (FL) auction in 2009. This SSR performed Pace Truck duty at NASCAR’s Brickyard 400 Race at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on August 7, 2005, a race won by Tony Stewart. It has been held in private collections since it was auctioned in 2009.

Description
As a Pace Truck, this Chevrolet SSR has a number of cosmetic and mechanical upgrades that distinguish it from regular production trucks, including the following:
Custom paint in Axalta Hot Hues colors of True Blue and Molten Orange, accented with Cosmic Dust, Bombay Blue and Tango striping
Race-specific graphics
Chevrolet Bow Tie emblems on hood and cargo cover
Custom front chin and rear wing spoilers
Molded and color-matched running boards
Limited production HRE Style 647 aluminum wheels
Front, rear and roof-mounted safety strobe lights
Racing seat belts and interior-mounted fire extinguisher
Low-restriction exhaust system
Upgraded sway bars, springs and shock absorbers
Engine oil, transmission and power steering fluid coolers

This truck has all of the standard factory features as well as upgraded option packages that include:
6.0 Liter LS2 390 horsepower engine
4-speed automatic transmission
Limited slip differential
Power steering and brakes
Air conditioning
Cruise control
Power windows and heated power seats
Bose premium sound system
Leather seating surfaces
Memory package with Homelink transmitter
Day-night inside mirror and heated outside mirrors
Carpeted cargo area with wood trim

Documentation
Included with the purchase of the truck is a sizable collection of documentation and memorabilia, including Barrett-Jackson auction photos, die-cast models of the truck, Brickyard 400 race photos, programs, posters, hats, shirts, belt buckles and a 10K gold ring from a member of race winner Tony Stewart’s crew.

Condition
With only 6700 miles on the odometer the overall condition of the truck is very good. All controls and functions are in excellent working order, as are the mechanics. The interior shows hardly any wear. The paint is excellent, showing only a minor cosmetic blemish in the form of a few scratches located very low on the rear bumper. The underside shows some evidence of cosmetic surface rust and could be restored to show condition with a dedicated detailing effort.

Title and Ownership
The truck is currently registered and titled in Arizona and carries an Arizona Reconstructed Salvage title. The truck has never been in an accident, flood or suffered any damage. Like many other cars from the GM Heritage Collection that were sold through the Barrett-Jackson auction firm in 2009, GM assigned a “Salvage” title as a release of any liability for those vehicles that contained modifications from their stock configuration. Subsequent state inspection confirmed its condition and the current title and registration validate that it can be legally registered and driven on public roads.

Price and Contact Information
This rare and unique Chevrolet SSR is priced at $ 65,000.00, which is what I paid CQQL SSR. Photos and additional information can be obtained by contacting me via PM.

Pictures are posted in my Facebook album titled 2005 Chevrolet SSR Brickyard 400 Pace Truck.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
wow

Gorgeous Truck...here it is crossing the block at the Barrett-Jackson Auction. Another shows it and its twin during the pace lap of the Brickyard 400 race.
I have seen that Barrett & Jackson photo 100 times and never realized that's Kool SSR and me in the left center of the photo Charlie is the bald guy and me in the Tropical shirt. What a day that was !!!:surprise::surprise:

Best of luck with the sale Doug she is a BEAUTY! pictures just don't due that paint justice

·
Premium Member
9,382 Posts
I thought this was Charlie with the auctioneer's assistant.

Also a photo of it coming off the transport.

Doug, I bought an extra lottery ticket today.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I thought this was Charlie with the auctioneer's assistant.

Also a photo of it coming off the transport.

Doug, I bought an extra lottery ticket today.:)

That sure looks like Charlie but I know I was sitting next to him when he bought it. plus I think Charlie had a bag over his shoulder. I'm all confused now but I guess it really doesn't matter maybe Charlie will chime in

·
2,425 Posts
One beautiful truck !! Must be seen in person. Pictures don’t do it justice. :smile2:

Reactions: poppa

·
Super Moderator
14,055 Posts
There are a lot of great SSR's out there, but the cream comes to the top - Winner Winner, Steak & Lobster Dinner
IMS keeps the race driven Pace Vehicle, so basically puts this as 1/1 of the Brickyard Pace Trucks owned by the public
This is a wonderful SSR that may wind up in a private collection - it would be nice if someone bought it that would continue her legacy with us.

·
OP
8,226 Posts
:banghead:cry

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
That sure looks like Charlie but I know I was sitting next to him when he bought it. plus I think Charlie had a bag over his shoulder. I'm all confused now but I guess it really doesn't matter maybe Charlie will chime in
Looks like last time Charlie visited the site was 9-12-17

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,417 Posts
Because of the special value I would suspect a collector or someone connected to the Brickyard 400 would probably end up buying this beautiful one of a kind SSR and just sit on it and love it. Most folks on this site can only afford a more normal priced one and they want to drive it. I may be all wet but that is my thoughts on this. I appreciate letting us have first offer but I think you may have to get outside this circle of buyers if you really want to sell it. Hope I am wrong and a FANATIC steps up. Good luck.

·
Ret. Air Force
3,721 Posts
Pictures are posted in my Facebook album titled 2005 Chevrolet SSR Brickyard 400 Pace Truck.
Hey Doug,

I went onto your facebook page and looked for the album but didn't see it.

Is it public or shared with friends only?

Thanks,

Alex

BTW, as soon as Tina or I win that MegaMillions...we'll send a driver over to get the R, he'll have a suitcase for you! :wink2:

·
Daily Driver
8,958 Posts
I guess you can close this thread since the truck has found a home in MA, and would have to be pried from Bill's cold dead hands. :lol

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,573 Posts
I guess you can close this thread since the truck has found a home in MA, and would have to be pried from Bill's cold dead hands. :lol
Done. I will trust Doug to let me know if it was a mistake.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.