Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NEW>>>2005 SSR ...1SB pkg , chrome wheels, cargo trim (wood), integrated running boards, aux gauge pkg, towing hitch...

Black/Black $40,400 MSRP approx 49,250

Need advice..is this a good deal? It is the lowest I have found....what are your thoughts

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,193 Posts
Go to Chevrolet.com and you can check the inventory of all the dealers in your area. For the 2005s, they are offering both a cash discount and Employee pricing. Navigate to the dealer that you are talking to and check his inventory. You will find your SSR there and can click on the "Employee price" icon to find out if he is telling the thruth about his price.

Beyond that, there are too many personal variables that measure your satisfaction with a particular price for a particular vehicle. You can use the web with either chevrolet.com or gmbuypower.com to find window stickers for all the SSRs in your area. If you are going to buy a new one with a certain mix of accessories, you can find out what each has on it......

Good Luck,

Mike

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The employee price is $42,450 on this truck....It looks like they are pretty serious with the pricing offered $40,400

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,193 Posts
Did the $42,450 employee price include the $2,000 rebate? If you are coming in with either cash or a check from the financing company, you should get the $2K off the price also..... That may be where the $40,400 comes from.....

·
Registered
185 Posts
abh002 said:
NEW>>>2005 SSR ...1SB pkg , chrome wheels, cargo trim (wood), integrated running boards, aux gauge pkg, towing hitch...

Black/Black $40,400 MSRP approx 49,250

Need advice..is this a good deal? It is the lowest I have found....what are your thoughts
It is less than I paid.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The rebate was never discussed....it was an out the door price>>>

so I am guessing it is included.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,193 Posts
$2000 rebate plus $50 (sales tax) for the change in taxable amount would get you there.

In my opinion, you have a good deal cooking. I have almost the identical truck and paid more than that. Even with the employee pricing and discounts....

Once you spend the money and start driving the truck, you will forget all about any comparison shopping........ It's just that much fun to drive!!!!!!!!!...

Mike

·
Registered
52 Posts
Is it an auto or the 6 speed? I just bought a 6 speed, 51 miles on it , MSRP 50,895 for 38,500. That included a 6 year 60000 mile warranty. So I figure my cost was 37, 300 for the car plus TTL. The car had minor damage on delivery to a dealer. The dealer refused the SSSR and GM took it back and completely replaced a few parts, no bondo or anything, gave me complete copy of what was done. Approx $2800, all but $700 of which was parts. The dealer I bought her from bought her from a private GM auction for these kind of scenarios. I waited almost 8 months to pay the price I was willing to pay and in order to get it had to accept one with the repair. The price you are quoting is the best I have seen in 8 months if it is the 6 speed and would jump on it. It is a blast. I drove the auto and really liked it as well. Had this same deal been for the auto, I still would have bought it, although that would have been my second choice as this vehicle needs the 6 speed. If you like it and it is what you want, don't look back, buy it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
on ebay,there is a chevy dealer in at, ga that has 1 new unit for the "buy it now" price of 36,900.
also stated has 6 other units also. do not know if the other units are priced the same .
good luck in your search!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Just over $40K is an excellent price but if you offer a bit less they will probably take it, especially after the weather starts to cool. Examples are given of prices in the high 30's and that seems right. MOST importantly ---- would you be happy with whatever price? No matter what the price is if you are not happy it is a bad price but as the SSR owners are telling you, get one and start enjoying it and stop worrying about a couple grand in the purchase price. Besides, when you realize how much you will lose in resale a couple grand will seem like nothing. Then again, if you never sell it, resale means nothing.

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
If my legs weren't so damn long I would have bought the 6-speed, as it is I have an automatic, and paid about 5k more for mine, with all the discounts. So my question to you is, why are you waiting? It sounds liuke "Divine Providence" to me. :thumbs

1 - 15 of 15 Posts