Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:jester

I have heard that the 2005s will begin production in late August. However, every dealer I have spoken to says that they cannot even order one yet because Chevy has not even provided the dealers with their 2005 SSR allotment which wioll allow the dealers to officially place an order.

Does anybody out there actually have an order placed with Chevy for an '05? Does anyone know the first day dealers will actually be able to order of '05 SSR?

MJJundefined

·
Administrator
8,205 Posts
orders

First: Yes I hear that they are still building 04's until late August... and so far the dealers don't know when orders for the 05s will be accepted.

Second; the manual tranny won't be available until later this fall. If you live up north somewhere you might as well time it for a spring build.
:(

·
Registered
152 Posts
Am advised, by very reliable sources, that production of the '05 will begin on Monday 23 August 04. :party

WRT the 6 speed manual, seems that it will be on hold until at least November (reason not apparent, perhaps Freezer could enlighten us). Seems that there will be a surcharge for the 6 speed of some significance, and there will be for Aqua Blur too.... :nono

Pricing in Canada was announced in the third week of June and the dealers up there could order as of then and are now accepting orders..... GM Canada cut the price from the 03/04 levels but their MSRP was nuts (about C$80k/US$ $53k before tax for a loaded vehicle. For the past month or two they have had up to C$10k/US$7.5k of rebates and they still are not selling them and the dealers are very upset because there are more SSR's running around that are U.S. imports by individuals than GM Canada sold as you could buy a new USA imported SSr from a Ford dealer in the west end of Toronto for less than the local Cheverolet garages could get it from GM Canada for> and we think the U.S.A. market is out of sync with reality!!!!! :yesnod

BTW, transaction pricing is continuing to fall in America as the market is well aware of the upgraded '05 and sales really have slowed in most regions.... Note to the General: bring on the low cost financing and the rebates as there are a lot of folks who would like one but it will take a price less than $37.5 for a well equiped '03/'04 to do it per feedback from dealers who have them..... and they have over 165 days of them at the end of June.....

S

·
0 Posts
Dealers that sold enough '03 & '04's have been allocated soem already. I have one on order at this time that should be built sometime in August according to the current TPW. No manuals are being built yet, that is on hold until later in the year.

B

·
0 Posts
SuperChevyICM said:
Dealers that sold enough '03 & '04's have been allocated soem already. I have one on order at this time that should be built sometime in August according to the current TPW. No manuals are being built yet, that is on hold until later in the year.
Marvin,

What color did you order ? Is the Aqua Blur an extra cost ?
Did they give you pricing or you just gave them a deposit to order ?
I plan on ordering one when I can,but need some inside info .

Thanks,
Allan

S

·
0 Posts
When I placed that order the Blur was not available to order yet. It is a loaded black automatic. So far we have not had a deposit taken for it yet.

S

·
0 Posts
BluesImage said:
Marvin,

What color did you order ? Is the Aqua Blur an extra cost ?
Did they give you pricing or you just gave them a deposit to order ?
I plan on ordering one when I can,but need some inside info .

Thanks,
Allan
The Aqua Blur is an extra cost and I ordered it on my SSR Yesterday. :)

Mike :cool

·
Registered
152 Posts
Aqua Blur will be a premium price. As I understand, as of Friday, yet to be determined may not be the same as Slingshot Yellow.

As posted earlier, '05 production to begin Monday, 23 August (as per GM).

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,128 Posts
There is already a 2005 being offered on Ebay. He has a start to build date and a delivery date, and color and options listed. The auction is for how much over MSRP do you want to get reamed for.

Has anyone gotten any confirmed prices yet?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts