Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke with Travis Parman at GM Communications yesterday. He stated that the factory advised him that the revised interior door panels were incorporated in the production line on September 7th. Also my queing order submitted by my dealer :flag in Lawton, Oklahoma on July 24th for my Slingshot Yellow '05 SSR was accepted on October 25th. We should have a build date within 10 days and then the dealer says to expect delivery about 10 weeks later. YES!! Oh, by the way, my dealer is Aubrey Chevrolet, and he is selling me the '05 with 1SB package, running boards, and the factory accessory gauge package for $217 above factory invoice on a cash deal. If you are so inclined, ask for Aaron, the sales manager at Aubrey Chevrolet, Lawton, Ok, 580-355-3280. They have a red '03, and a yellow, black, and red '04 in stock at phenomenally discounted prices! Cleavermodels.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I got the same 10 week estimate on my '05 order. Not sure I was that happy about it since I've sold my current vehicle out from under my feet, but it's satisfying to see consistent delivery data.

T

·
0 Posts
Webster, Texas

Webster, Texas is about 10 miles southeast of Houston off Interstate 45 south heading towards Galveston. There is a dealership there, I believe. Also, FYI, there is a GREAT dealtership in Galveston - Sandollar Chevrolet. They own 5 different dealerships for 5 different makes of cars.

There is an exit for Webster off I-45 south.

Have a great week.

Tim
Ultraviolet '04

P. S. - For those of you looking for '05's I have a friend that works at a dealership in Houston - they have a red '05 and in Grapevine, TX, Classic Chevrolet has 3 '05's in stock - silver, black, and the new aqua blue.

·
Registered
111 Posts
10 Weeks???? Mine was ordered and acceped by GM 3 weeks ago, scheduled to be built this week and expewcted to be dlivered in three more week.... just before thanksgiving. Why such a big difference in delivery?

I'm in New Jersey... where are they built anyway?

·
Administrator
8,205 Posts
Delivery time

Bill Bogert said:
10 Weeks???? Mine was ordered and acceped by GM 3 weeks ago, scheduled to be built this week and expewcted to be dlivered in three more week.... just before thanksgiving. Why such a big difference in delivery?

I'm in New Jersey... where are they built anyway?

HI Bill,

They are built in Lansing, Michigan and they are usually shipped by rail to the North Eastern areas (the highest volume of GM sales area in the country) I was told that they usually take aprox. 3 weeks for delivery there. However, mine was built on a Friday and shipped out on Saturday. I was in Michigan for a business meeting on Tuesday and then took a short side trip for a tour of the SSR plant on Wednesday and when I returned home from my trip on Thursday afternoon the dealership had just called my house to let me know that my SSR was just dropped off! Wow... it took only 6 short days to reach my dealer in Western New York area! So Bill, a lot will depend on when the SSR leaves the plant and whether it is shipped by rail or by truck.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I was wondering...
Don't know much about this process, but I didn't quite understand why some folks were having to order and wait on their SSRs. Is it because the dealers in your area don't have the color or options you are looking for? I wondered why you couldn't buy off the lot?

·
Administrator
8,205 Posts
Ordered vs Off the Lot

coastalcutie said:
I was wondering... why some folks were having to order and wait on their SSRs. I wondered why you couldn't buy off the lot?
Hi Coastalcutie,

If you can find one on a lot that you like it really doesn't matter. However, for me it was a matter of not being able to find a Silver SSR with chrome wheels on it. The other reason I ordered mine was because at that time no other dealers where offering any discounts except the dealer where I ordered mine from. (it was a lot cheaper to order and wait a few extra weeks) I also wanted certain options and also didn't really want to pay for a trailer hitch, cargo netting or the plastic side saddle bags that I knew I could order later if I decided that I really wanted them. Another advantage to ordering an SSR is for someone who might want a more detailed and documented history of their vehicle (i.e. all the paper work from ordering info to build status to the final delivery).

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks Marc,
I guess I didn't even realize that these vehicles (being a limited production) could be ordered; and I always thought ordering a vehicle would make it more expensive than just buying one already there on the lot.
Anyway, thanks for explaining that; I guess I was lucky that I found what I wanted.
I am learning so much from just reading what everyone has to say on this site.
Sure and getting an education about this awesome vehicle!

coastalcutie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts