Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that some of the members are now owners of a 2005 SSr, I have a couple questions.

*The new SSR is to have a jack. Has anybody found it? And has anybody tried to use it??

** The 2005 SSR has hood struts. How do they work?
.........Reports were heard that after the hood was up for a while, the hood was difficult to close. Any problems with the struts??

:skep :skep

·
Registered
116 Posts
2005 Ssr

I haven't looked for a jack, nor do I know if it is supposed to have one, but I will take a look.

As far as the hood struts, they work great. No issue with closing the hood or keeping it open with the struts.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Comments on the new 2005

Jim,

The new 05 is tight as a drum and fast as hell. It has no jack or spare tire, just the tire inflator kit. The struts work just great and you do have to apply a little pressure when you close it, but that's better then it sliding closed when it is open.
As a new member, I have gotten lots of tips from you guys already, such as how to shut off the day time running lights and tips on the operation of the hardtop.
So far, I have not had any trouble at all and I hope it stays that way. They have also made room on the drivers door so you can get at all the seat controls. This is one sweet ride.

Best Regards,

Joe :seeya

·
Registered
72 Posts
Struts work great - no probs (expect if they are like my Porsche they will wear out in time). No jack - tire inflator kit which I've only seen in the owner's maunal. It is behind the passenger seat. I sure would like to have a tire pressure sensor system like the Corvette (and the HUD would be nice also). The tire pressure system has saved me twice in the last four years.

·
Registered
480 Posts
tips on the hardtop

Wes,

The tips I was refering too were from the guys who have had some trouble with the 03's and 04's. Like the top not wanting to operate and rubbing on the painted body when it is opening or closing. Some guys have had some wires in the way which prevented the top from functioning the way it should. As I said my 05 has been perfect and obviously GM has done some improvements and the guys who preceded us with their 03's and 04's deserve our thanks. Thanks guys for all your past aggrevations and tutoring of GM.

Best Regards,
Joe :seeya

1 - 6 of 6 Posts