Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm looking to purchase low mileage 2005 yellow SSR 6 speed.
Is there one for sale?
Please help
Thank You
Ronnie

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,644 Posts
Hi I'm looking to purchase low mileage 2005 yellow SSR 6 speed.
Is there one for sale?
Please help
Thank You
Ronnie
Welcome! From one of the SoCal Nuts. Where are you located? I suggest you stick with this New Member forum and start a thread to introduce yourself and let us know where you are located and what else you want on your 6 speed :yellow: My next suggestion is that you visit the web site of North Freeway Hyundai and see what they have in inventory.

Reactions: tennesseecozydog

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi I'm located in Washington State and almost had one from a dealership in California and it slipped through my fingers .I was looking to find one in very decent shape and fully loaded would be a great with chrome alloys, wood strip bed liner

·
Premium Member
7,384 Posts
Welcome! From one of the SoCal Nuts. Where are you located? I suggest you stick with this New Member forum and start a thread to introduce yourself and let us know where you are located and what else you want on your 6 speed :yellow: My next suggestion is that you visit the web site of North Freeway Hyundai and see what they have in inventory.
GREAT advice BlueStreak !!! tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
You might want to try checking with Dave Hathcock in Las Vegas. He has a low mileage that I think he may sell. It’s very well kept with the ground effects. On this Forum he is DZH.

Dane

·
Daily Driver
8,967 Posts
Hi yelowSSR. :seeya I would caution you not to shoot yourself in the foot by getting hung up on the low mileage thing. A truck with 50,000 miles is nothing, even 75,000 is quite reasonable as several members have topped 200,000 with regular maintenance having no problems. A truck 13 years old with say 8,000 miles will bring a premium of maybe several thousand dollars from people buying into the myth it's avoiding trouble. Of course as soon as you drive it those extra dollars fly away like putting a stack of dollar bills on the hood.
It's been shown the worst thing you can do to a car is not drive it. Every part of the car that uses liquid or lubricant deteriorates faster than you can comprehend. So if you find a truck with very low mileage I would question if the truck was driven a couple miles every week, or a thousand mile trip every other year.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,780 Posts
YellowSSR/Ronnie, Welcome from Forney Texas. DO like they say-- go to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then, when you GET ONE, if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

There was a '03 Yellow with 1,781 in Rockwall Texas at Heritage GMC. Search for my Thread "In Rockwall Texas" 6-3-2018 to see Pictures. It was still there 2 weeks ago. Good Luck!

Nick

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The one at Folsom is the one that got away:(
I will look into the one in PA
Thank You Very Much!!
Ronnie

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
2006 too

Why just a 2005? I would expand to a 2006 also.

IMO I would rather have a 2006 if all else were equal. I found mine on car trader.

I love my 6 spd, although I put a "Hurst kit" on it.

If you can save 20 cents or more per extra mile, I certainly would look at a reasonable mileage alternative. I only drive mine 5,000 per year. It would take 10 years for me to put on 50,000 miles.

Just IMO

Dave

·
Premium Member
7,384 Posts
xoxoxoBruce; #7 (permalink)

"A truck with 50,000 miles is nothing, even 75,000 miles is quite reasonable as several members have topped 200,000 with regular maintenance having no problems"

Bruce this is EXCELLENT advice and I agree with with you 100% !!! tennesseecozydog :ssr "Red Molly" is "fixin" to turn 80,000 miles 'for long !!! ole Bob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts