Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2006 SSR in Aqua Blur, 58,800 miles. 1 of 179 in this color / options I am told. Has Chrome Package plus extras. Chrome Mud Flaps, marker lights out lined in chrome, comes with but not on yet is chrome Lic, Rear tailgate chrome with Taillights outlined in chrome. Automatic, Larger LS2 400 HP., #22249. Chromed Wheels, New fron Shocks and Struts, New Rear Shocks. Heated Seats, Driver Side Memory Seats, All LED Lights, Auto Dimming, Halo Lighting, Fog Lights, Color Running Boards, Spaeacial Waterfall Badge, Currently has a Kenwood Stereo with Back up Camera but comes with original Bose Head Unit, Front Lic Plate Bracket, Customized Floor Mats W/Logo, Chrome Auxiliary Gauge Package (Volt, Engine Torque, Outside Temp). Bright Chrome Package, Chrome Finish on Hood Name Plate, Chevron Bar, Chrome Fog Light Bezel, Chrome Door Handles, All Interior Trim Finish Bright Chrome, Cargo Netting, Cargo Organizer, Soft Sided Saddle Bags, Towing Package includes Jumpers, Tools, Fuses and more, Cockpit Windbreaker, Colored Rear Wing New Strong Struts on Rear Lid! Pops Open with Remotes. I can send more pics. Willing to discuss sell price with serious buyer.

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
I don't want to spoil the potential sale of your nice 2006 SSR but the final production run didn't start until after your truck was built. Perhaps a previous owned had the waterfall badge made for them. The factory badges were made of embossed metal. Quote from the 2006 Production History:

"Special Waterfall Badge Indentifying This Vehicle as Being Produced During The Final Production Run in 2006" 1st VIN 1GCES14H86B123287"

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can anyone out there help me out and guide me in the correct location to verify this? I can only tell you what I was told and what is on the waterfall of my car. If you can please help me out with more information I would appreciate it?
Steve

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Can anyone out there help me out and guide me in the correct location to verify this? I can only tell you what I was told and what is on the waterfall of my car. If you can please help me out with more information I would appreciate it?
Steve
Here is where I would start looking:

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
5,773 Posts
As was already pointed out, Final Production Runs did not happen for another 40 trucks or so after yours was built.

That badge is a inexpensive aftermarket decal, the OEM looks much different. Sorry you were duped but it is not an FPR.
Here is a real FPR badge

Yours was made by user QWKSSR, his products are located here -
https://www.ssrfanatic.com/threads/personalized-waterfall-emblem.49941/
and a picture of his vinyl decals -

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would like to get this dealer on fraud charges advertising it as a final production vehicle. Even though I would of purchased it anyway it upsets me that I was being so trusting and believing what was being said and advertised.'Just Stupid I guess!

·
Super Moderator
13,603 Posts
Steve
Hi Steve,
I received your PM
For the most part, all of the above responses are correct.
Only the 826 FPR's were built in Calendar Year 2006 and they commenced construction 2.14.2006
Prior to these, the last Regular Production (non FPR) #23286 was built at Christmas shutdown. 12.23.2005
I don't have an exact date but I believe your SSR was built 9.21.2005
At #22249 yours was built almost 5 months prior to the FPR's - about 1000 VIN's earlier

Someone alluded to this earlier. There were 500 official FPR badges released by GM a few years ago.
I think a member(Howell?) bought them for resale.
We don't run across many SSR's with these badges where they have been placed on SSR's that don't warrant them but they are out there.
We usually try to educate dealers when we see them - some remove the badges or any picture showing the badge.
It seems you bought yours from someone that did not disclose anything to you.
The last dealer I have recorded is Clear Lake Chrysler in Webster TX.
Usually the dealers aren't aware either. It is a form of misrepresentation, as many will pay extra for the FPR status.
My advice would be to remove that picture from any advertising and any verbal representation you are doing, and if the badge remains, make sure the Buyer has full disclosure

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you! The dealer I purchased this car from Gateway Classic Cars in Florida. I'm going to send them a message and see what the response is even though I already have an idea of what they are going to say.
Steve

·
Super Moderator
13,603 Posts
Thank you! The dealer I purchased this car from Gateway Classic Cars in Florida. I'm going to send them a message and see what the response is even though I already have an idea of what they are going to say.
Steve
Gateway is a consignment company that takes anything at any price (sorry, that is my opinion)
You aren't likely to get far with those guys but I sure wish you luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts