Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New business venture forces sale of my dream car. Easy come, easy go, I guess.
Two tone silver/black 3SS option, 390 miles, Showroom new condition, still havent used the first tank of gas (yes the dealer actually filled it up)all documentation, plaque w/ piece of race track, window sticker signed by Jeff Burton. This the #3 truck of 45. Many pics avail just ask, aslo see ad on cars.com. Feel free to email with any questions or for more pics. $44,800

Jay(Oklahoma City), [email protected]

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe I should have taken the offer of 40K (plus tag on a 6% buyers fee) at the Okahoma City Classic Car Auction on Dec 3rd. I figured I would give it a chance to sell in a different market besides local Okies but not too much response. Hummm, what to do?

42,000.... Will that work for anyone? maybe I will be forced to tag it and keep it?

·
Registered
442 Posts
400 h.p.?

Your ad says automatic 400 h.p. Is that what the '06 autos have? Sorry to see it is a fourspeed.......... good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
Danko said:
Your ad says automatic 400 h.p. Is that what the '06 autos have? Sorry to see it is a fourspeed.......... good luck!
I think he has is mixed up a little. The 6- speed is 400 HP. The auto is 395 HP.

·
Registered
217 Posts
#3of45 said:
New business venture forces sale of my dream car. Easy come, easy go, I guess.
Two tone silver/black 3SS option, 390 miles, Showroom new condition, still havent used the first tank of gas (yes the dealer actually filled it up)all documentation, plaque w/ piece of race track, window sticker signed by Jeff Burton. This the #3 truck of 45. Many pics avail just ask, aslo see ad on cars.com. Feel free to email with any questions or for more pics. $44,800

Jay(Oklahoma City), [email protected]
What a buy! UNREAL:glol :glol

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,830 Posts

3 of 45 …. Best take it to the streets where people do not know what it is. Everyone here knows more about them, than some dealers do. You will get the best price from someone who has not done any homework on them.

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
REBEL said:
3 of 45 …. Best take it to the streets where people do not know what it is. Everyone here knows more about them, than some dealers do. You will get the best price from someone who has not done any homework on them.

:agree

·
Registered
442 Posts
rare?

SLP (Street Legal Performance) made 29 1997 LT4 (Corvette Grand Sport engine then balanced and blueprinted, etc.) Firehawks. Being rare is not enough to make them an "investment" and easy to resell. It was difficult to unload them in great condition and I lost money on each but also enjoyed each very much. So, being "1 of ..." is not enough. The SSR market is down and guys like me can take advantage (starting in March, anyway). Good luck!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
REBEL said:
AMEN ON THAT. I went to a local Oklahoma City Car show and most folks thought it was some sort of custom "replica". I had one "Nascar buff" flat out tell me "its just a copy" and asked how did I make the door stickers....

and in response to the rare corvette input, The SSR is rare already compared to the Corvette #s. Most everyone knows what a corvette is. Many folks around here still havent heard of an SSR, and it sure stops some good ol country folks in thier tracks.

I bought it because I fell in love with it. I feel like I got a bonus with the Brickyard package. It just amazes me that rare factor does not make others druel like it does me. If it sells.. great. If not, great, cause I will drive the wheels off it!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Firehawks have improved Corvette Grand Sport LT4 engines but Firehawks are not Corvettes. They have four seats. We all love our special interest vehicles but the economy does not support getting what they are worth when we need to sell them. I have learned that way too often............ Cars (and some trucks) are like women. You enjoy the one you have while you have it and if you have to move on to another the prior one(s) can still provide good memories even though they all usually cost way too much!

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,830 Posts

The trouble with 1of45 brickyard is they did that, at many other tracks. There are 1of 45 many times. But yes drive it and have fun with it. While I don’t think it will make money for you down the road. I do think 20 years out, you will not loose as much as other types of cars. I look at it as a very low cost rental with super looks and feel at the end of ownership. If, I out live it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Either way it goes is fine with me, I am like most of you SSR NUTZ.. It is one cool ride no matter what. I look at it just like my 66 chevelle, They both own my heart and will always be treasure in my eyes. Regardless of being rare or not.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts