Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a few questions. My dad has a 2006 Chevy SSR. It was in a wreck and the dealer we took it to was being a pain. They said they could not get a latch for the tonneau lid.i called around and found one. I have it now and want to put it in today. It is the top latch on the right side when you close the cover. I know you have to pull the plastic pin out. I did that. How do you get to the latch. Are you suppose to pry the plastic cover off. I know I would have to do it slowly. The next question is we put the top down and couldn't get it back up. After 30 minutes we tried it again. Finally it went up. We won't open it again. If the top does get stuck how are you suppose to release it and have it close. Do you use that key that came with the truck. Last question. My friend is a mechanic. We changed the spark plugs and the wireset. No more than a month later it was missfiring in cylinder 4. We keep getting code P0304. So we pulled the wires and in cylinder 4 wireset the boot was melted and brittle. So we replaced the wires again same thing happened 2 days later. Same thing happened. We got the wireset from AutoZone. We got the duralast wires. We changed them out 2 then we got ac delco wires that lasted a week.it had the same problem. So we decided to redo everything. We got new plugs we got new wire sets and also new coil packs. It has lasted a month and now it has a slight missfire. It is getting worse. We also put a new fuel pump in because the gas gauge was not functioning right and had a code. I checked the fuel pressure and everything was within specs. I also have another code. It is P0430. Which is the cats. My friend had a snap on computer and he ran live data and found out that the cats are bad. Could this cause the missfire in cylinder 4. I don't know what else to do at this point. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,001 Posts
Sean03.....

Call me on my cell today. I will help you with the roof problem. Not a difficult thing to repair and you should not need to pry anything off.......

Mike
480-225-2123

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
Bad cats. Possible but not likely. The miss on #4 must be fixed first before you can identify anything with the cats. I'd start with checking the cold pack grounds - bottom of block just above the oil pan in front of the motor mount. Also make sure you don't have any recessed pins in the coil pack connector.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will give you a call as soon as I can. I have some errands to do tomorrow so hopefully I can give you a call. As for the prying I was talking about the trunk latch on the right hand side. When you close the tonneau cover the latch is broke from the car wreck and the dealer was being lazy and saying they could not get one. I got a used one. I know you have to take the push pin off and then gently pry the plastic off to get to the latch where the hex bolts are. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,783 Posts
I agree with previous statement - you cannot condemn a cat with an engine with a missfire. I also believe the PCM will not perform a cat self test with a missfire code.
WAs the missifre there before you started?
Were the original wires melted?

Answeres to these questions may help up help you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts