Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, just wondering if anyone out there can relate the new colour Pacific Blue to any other blue produced recently by either GM or Chrysler. I have a colour chip from the dealer but it is somewhat difficult to visualize on the vehicle. It looks similar to some of the more brighter blues seen on the '02 vette (electron blue) and the mopar blue used in recent years (i think it was called impact blue) on the Dakota and Jeep TJ models. Is it similar to these colours or it is even lighter? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,190 Posts
I think the closest match is actually on the new Toyota truck. The PT Cruiser is close, but a little darker I think.

There are a few pictures in my gallery that might help. The blue really picks up the light on the curves nicely.

If you want, I can e-mail a higher resolution copy of my avatar or one of the attached photos.

Mike

Attachments

·
Banned
183 Posts
This color first appeared as "Electron Blue" a C5 Corvette color that was short lived and only appeared in the 2002 and 2003 model years. This color was very popular but for some reason was replaced with a slightly darker shade in 2004 on the special edition model.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info and the pics. I have seen the Toyota Tacoma up here in the blue you are talking about. I have a pretty good idea now.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
make mine blue said:
Hi there, just wondering if anyone out there can relate the new colour Pacific Blue to any other blue produced recently by either GM or Chrysler. I have a colour chip from the dealer but it is somewhat difficult to visualize on the vehicle. It looks similar to some of the more brighter blues seen on the '02 vette (electron blue) and the mopar blue used in recent years (i think it was called impact blue) on the Dakota and Jeep TJ models. Is it similar to these colours or it is even lighter? Any help would be appreciated.
The pictures by Mike AZ are on the money. It is a great color. I just bought the 06 Black a few weeks ago and I stressed between the Pacific Blue and the Black. It is just an outstanding color but too bright for me. All three of my vehicles are black so I'm sticking to my comfort zone; plus I can do more with the color black when it comes to customizing. I told the dealer that I thought about calling him back the same night I got it and telling him I wanted the Pacific Blue they had. It had the chrome package but no running boards no gauges and some other things. But dam it looked good. If I didn't need my QX56 for my ski trips in the winter I'd have the blue one also. Either way it goes you can't go wrong with the Pacific Blue.

·
Registered
122 Posts
IllinoisSSR said:
This color first appeared as "Electron Blue" a C5 Corvette color that was short lived and only appeared in the 2002 and 2003 model years. This color was very popular but for some reason was replaced with a slightly darker shade in 2004 on the special edition model.
I guess I should have waited a year then I could have gotten a Pacific Blue SSR to match my Eletron Blue Z06. Oh well thats ok as I have been enjoying "Goofy" in the mean time. Aqua Blur is still a great color for an SSR IMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts