Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CHEVY'S new 2006 HHR is a throwback to post-World War II ute AutoWeek - USA These HHR spy shots arrived at about the same time as sales figures for the far more expensive SSR pickup revealed that Chevy’s initial retro offering is ...

<http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=carnews&loc_code=index&content_code=06087168>

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Hhr

This artist rendering was around awhile. Looks like GM wants to compete with the PT Cruiser market. What do you think?

I hear it going to be a much higher volume production vehicle than the SSR. I like it ... :cool although the back end tail lights look kind of fimilar.... might it be similar to a Jeep Liberty?

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
The bad news is.....

Here's the bad news as far as I'm concerned...... :cuss

Piggybacking on the successful formula pioneered by the Chrysler PT Cruiser, HHR carries retro styling cues, in this case from the 1949 Chevrolet Suburban, built on an existing small-car chassis. The underpinnings are from the new Chevy Cobalt. Also like the PT, the HHR power comes from an economical 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine, the one that produces 170 hp in the Cobalt. Naturally, this Suburban throwback/PT clone comes with a flat load floor and utilitarian cargo space with flat-folding rear seats.

Can't tell ya how disappointed I am.:banghead I was hopin 4 it 2 b built on the SSR platform with sum options like the 05 SSR or better. :mad :mad :mad

:cool

1 - 7 of 7 Posts