Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

Thank you for welcoming me to your forum :) so much great information on here and great idea's

I am trying to swap a newer LS6 motor into my truck and am looking for some technical data, i just bought mine as a front end damaged car with no motor as the block was cracked. and my motor didn't come with a ECU

im looking for the ECU PIN out and also any other technical diagrams that could be of assistance. I have the motors information but i need to figure out the wiring into the factory ecu and gauges and power block

thank you all for any help :)

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,499 Posts
foxracing702, You ARE jumping in head first! I can't help either, but as said above, get the Ultimate Drive. ALSO---Welcome from Forney Texas!!! you are on the BEST FORUM ever! BUT-----Go to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" it will show in the left column under your name and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

Nick

·
Tech Support/Research
1,704 Posts
LS6 Swap and ECM

You might want to look at the Chevrolet Performance Parts (CPP) Catalog to see what's specified for installation. That catalog typically outlines what electrical and emissions components such as ECM, O2 sensors, MAF sensors, throttle pedals, wiring harnesses, etc. are required for installation of CPP LS family crate engines when backfit into other vehicles. It may or may not be 100% compatible with your drivetrain combination but is a starting point.

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
The E38 ECU is pretty much the same animal for a bunch of years. I've got a 2013 5.3 going it to a 64 FJ40 so I've been stripping out things to make it work as a stand alone. I did find a 2007 Silverado schematic on google that has been a big help. Also a bunch of good info here -- LT1 Swap
Mouser.com has all of the electrical connectors and pins, etc you could ever need to put it all together.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Hello all!

Thank you for welcoming me to your forum :) so much great information on here and great idea's

I am trying to swap a newer LS6 motor into my truck and am looking for some technical data, i just bought mine as a front end damaged car with no motor as the block was cracked. and my motor didn't come with a ECU

im looking for the ECU PIN out and also any other technical diagrams that could be of assistance. I have the motors information but i need to figure out the wiring into the factory ecu and gauges and power block

thank you all for any help :)
If you're installing a legitimate LS6 in an 06 SSR there are a few things to consider. The crank will be fine as both are 24 tooth reluctors. The knock sensors on the LS6 are valley mounted whereas the LS2 had external block mounted versions, with increased sensitivity. The LS2 also had a front cover mounted cam position sensor instead of the block mounted version in the LS6. The LS6 can be easily converted to the later version.

Also, the SSR has a dedicated oil pan that needs to be used, or the C6 Vette wet sump pan can be used as an improvement. If using the stock SSR pan, install the modified pickup tube from PCM of NC. The SSR uses the truck FEAD system, so the longer balancer needs to be installed unless you intend to swap to the car FEAD and related accessories.

Good Luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts