Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Dr Jim - I see you have it on ebay now, with 3 days to go. Are you accepting the highest bid or do you have a reserve on it?

·
Blues Brother 08/2016
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Dr Jim - I see you have it on ebay now, with 3 days to go. Are you accepting the highest bid or do you have a reserve on it?
SSdad54. Thanks for contacting me on the forum. That is not my posting, I wouldn't sell on ebay motors. That is my truck vin and my pictures. I guess it is always the case of buyer beware. I am going to play along for a while and ask for a photo of the title before I ask ebay motors to take it down.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Dr jim, glad I notified you then! I had spoken to you personally about the vehicle a few weeks ago if you remember, so I was a little surprised to see it on ebay. Couldn't really tie the seller name to you either, so that made me a little suspicious; Couldn't help but wonder if it was another scam. As some of you fellow "fanatics" may know, this is now the second scam I've uncovered in my search for an SSR! (The first being the black/silver 06 on "cars.com" that already belonged to another member!). As you said, it really is a case of "buyer beware"!

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
It looks like this SSR is on eBay again, this time as item # 174184413666. Buyer's location is listed as Troy, NY on eBay, while the gentleman selling the truck in this thread appears to be located in Alpharetta, GA.

Not certain what's going on, but I thought since the seller mentioned a potentially fraudulent auction on eBay once before in this thread, it was worth posting as a cautionary note on here again as a heads-up if anyone is planning to bid.

·
Blues Brother 08/2016
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
From Dr. Jim Lundy
SSdad54 alerted me that my truck was being offered for sale on eBay. Someone hijacked my ad from either this website or the AutoTrader ad that I have running. I can assure any potential that my SSR is legitimate and that I can provide references. I have the clear Title in hand. The ad was taken down from eBay just after SSdad54 alerted me and now I find that the ad has been reposted. I alerted the eBay fraud department. We will see what happens.
Jim

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,458 Posts
Thanks for the update and Good luck on your sale.

One other thought is you might put a date with the price when you change it since the edit does not show a date and shoppers would not have to go through the thread looking for changes to find the latest.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
That has to be frustrating Jim! Too many people trying to scam people out of their hard earned money!
Thanks to our Fanatic Family for giving Jim a heads up! 😉

·
Super Moderator
13,659 Posts
That has to be frustrating Jim! Too many people trying to scam people out of their hard earned money!
Thanks to our Fanatic Family for giving Jim a heads up! 😉
eBay should be able to control this crap better than they do
If anyone is trying to buy this SSR, over the years I feel I have gotten to know Jim well
For NFwy I purchased a mint 2006 Redline 6sp from Jim and Pam
For them, I found this 6sp Pac Blue - previously owned by Fanatic TheTurboman (Bruce) in CA.
I can attest to its authenticity - also, based on the mint SSR we received @ Nfwy, offer my opinion that Jim will have looked after it well

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sorry to see it was on ebay. Was it an auction or a sale? " Bidding on motor vehicles is non-binding and is slightly different from bidding on other items. " Direct quote from ebay motors bidding policy. WHY would anyone put their car on an ebay auction? I bet most are scams or getting scammed by ebay as they often post about bidders not following thru. I never bid on anycars for auction but will search for potential SSR/el camino's for sale near me. Jim

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,458 Posts
Sorry to see it was on ebay. Was it an auction or a sale? " Bidding on motor vehicles is non-binding and is slightly different from bidding on other items. " Direct quote from ebay motors bidding policy. WHY would anyone put their car on an ebay auction? I bet most are scams or getting scammed by ebay as they often post about bidders not following thru. I never bid on anycars for auction but will search for potential SSR/el camino's for sale near me. Jim
If you read the thread you will find that the ebay posting was a fraud and the it has been removed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I stumbled across Dr. Lundy's hijacked listing on EBay. I contacted the "seller". I asked for more pictures, which he sent along with the message that it had been "won" by a high bidder, who could not get financing. Then, in a separate email,the bogus seller said that the "winning bid was $21K." The EBay listing was gone by that time, but I found Dr. Lundy's legitimate listing on Auto Trader, and I noticed a different email address on the legitimate listing. I told the EBay-er I would like to inspect the SSR personally and would bring a cashier's check for the purchase price of $20K. He agreed to the price (WOW!) but said he only accepted bank to bank wire transfers. That's when my already deep suspicions were verified and I reported him to the fraud department at AutoTrader.

Contacted Dr. Lundy, and he was aware of the attempted scam on his SSR. Was telling a friend in FL about it and he said his neighbor paid $15K for a restored 1946 pickup that never arrived. Scammers are out there. Beware!.

·
Super Moderator
13,659 Posts
It is so scary how smart some of these phucks are but the emails I get from scammers - the guys can't spell worth a crap - usually, they are in the middle of the ocean, or in a rain forest, want to buy for their mother yada and have no way to contact
I think they sell (how to kits) to morons
The fraud people cannot keep up to this
When I have reported suspicious activity it just goes into a file
Like the war on drugs, this fraud isn't going away either
You have to be smart - if it smells like a fart - it stinks!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts