Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked to my old high school friend who works for Chevy in Southern California yesterday. He knows I have been looking at the SSR for a while now. He tells me the higher ups are talking about an MSRP of under 40K for the 06's to jump sales. Anyone else hearing anything.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,596 Posts
Lower Prices on 06s coming

Many of the new 06s will reflect a price reduction... perhaps the SSR will be one of them too. :thumbs

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,146 Posts
If thats the case they will have to discount the heck out of any leftover 05s. Look for some bargains!!!

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Hope Not!!

That would be the stupidest thing GM could do, but it would'nt surprise me. :(
The higher ups need to hold value on our SSR's not discount them this is not your every day vehicle. Let the people that want cheeper buy the HHR. Don't want to see the same problems P-T Crusier owners are having paid 15k to 20k and now selling for just advertised 7,995.00 :nono

R

·
0 Posts
No Comprehende

I am sitting here thinking when I last saw a new model year of any vehicle return 20% less than the year before. If it were me, I would not produce it if it sold that poorly and I would have to take all my profit out to move it, not a chance in he!!. Before anyone jumps me, I am sure there are a few exceptions, but bringing back the same model with the same equipment at 20% less, I don't see it. I suspect we have the last of the SSR's, GM is reeling and they cannot afford a high dollar morphadite wonder like the SSR, in my opinion. Look at Prowler, Lightning, the "new" T-Birds. If you want an SSR, go get a deal now, I did. :jester

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
2006 SSR price

:) :) :)

The 2006 SSR will come in three option levels: 1SS, 2SS , 3SS.

The 1SS base version will have less standard items included...no floor mats, no rear license plate surround...and others. This will account for some of the reduction. The other thing you will probably notice will be much smaller rebates and discounts.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
OP
8,225 Posts
crazyrtr53 said:
That would be the stupidest thing GM could do, but it would'nt surprise me. :(
The higher ups need to hold value on our SSR's not discount them this is not your every day vehicle. Let the people that want cheeper buy the HHR. Don't want to see the same problems P-T Crusier owners are having paid 15k to 20k and now selling for just advertised 7,995.00 :nono
I must agree. Saturation will only devalue our SSR's. If they do not sell, discontinue production, ie., t-bird, etc... This will only enhance the value of present SSR's in the future. Discounting will also alienate those previous buyers who paid top dollar.
The corvette has remained successful through the years because of its appeal and evolution. The C1 did not sell well, but performance enhancements in the C2 brought the public around. Early C4's were a hiccup, but GM corrected that and now look at the C6, one of the most desirable sport cars in the world.

So GM, try and follow the same path with the SSR and continue to improve it's performance and maintain it's curb appeal.

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
ampmop said:
I must agree. Saturation will only devalue our SSR's. If they do not sell, discontinue production, ie., t-bird, etc... This will only enhance the value of present SSR's in the future. Discounting will also alienate those previous buyers who paid top dollar.
The corvette has remained successful through the years because of its appeal and evolution. The C1 did not sell well, but performance enhancements in the C2 brought the public around. Early C4's were a hiccup, but GM corrected that and now look at the C6, one of the most desirable sport cars in the world.

So GM, try and follow the same path with the SSR and continue to improve it's performance and maintain it's curb appeal.
What I have read is that this price reduction plan will be across the entire GM line, not just the SSR. In order to become less dependent on incentives and rebates, GM is planning to set the MSRP close to the actual "market price" that buyers normally pay. If that's the case an 06 will sell close to what on 05 does, but there will be less haggling and incentive promotions involved. We'll see how it works out.

·
Registered
740 Posts
big-daddy said:
What I have read is that this price reduction plan will be across the entire GM line, not just the SSR. In order to become less dependent on incentives and rebates, GM is planning to set the MSRP close to the actual "market price" that buyers normally pay. If that's the case an 06 will sell close to what on 05 does, but there will be less haggling and incentive promotions involved. We'll see how it works out.
I think it's a very good idea. Most people probably assume all manufacturers discount the same, so GM vehicles look more expensive then they really are. Especially if you're comparing prices on the internet.

Plus, I think it makes the dealership's salesmen too focused on the "deal". I would have gladly paid MSRP for a local dealer to get the truck I wanted, but that's just not the way they worked.

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Check out the HHR spread

In order to become less dependent on incentives and rebates, GM is planning to set the MSRP close to the actual "market price" that buyers normally pay. If that's the case an 06 will sell close to what on 05 does, but there will be less haggling and incentive promotions involved. We'll see how it works out.
The figures for the HHR caught my attention - the Retail and Invoice seemed to be real close!

HHR LT INVOICE RETAIL

1AS46 Sport Wagon 4D 21,417.98 23,235.00

PRICING BREAKDOWN
Base Pricing 15,357.38 16,425.00
Destination Charge 565.00 565.00
Total Required and Optional Equipment 5,495.60 6,245.00
-------------- --------------
21,417.98 23,235.00

MX0 Automatic, 4-Spd w/Overdrive • 880.00 1,000.00
2LT Option Pkg • LT 1,584.00 1,800.00
CF5 Sun Roof, Power • LT 638.00 725.00
VGG Bumper Step Pad, Rear 57.20 65.00
B41 Cargo Mat, Premium • LT 101.20 115.00
B50 Floor Mats, Premium F&R • LT 92.40 105.00
Q8H Mud Guards, F&R (Installed by Dealer) 105.60 120.00
US9 Radio, AM/FM Stereo w/6-Disc & MP3 • LT 259.60 295.00
UQ3 Radio Equipment, (7) Speakers 259.60 295.00
U2K Radio Equipment, XM Feature 286.00 325.00
ASF Restraint System, F&R Head Curtain Air Bag 347.60 395.00
G63 Roof Rails • LT 132.00 150.00
BVE Running Boards, Color-Keyed (Ins by Dealer) 391.60 445.00
QP2 Wheels, High Polished Forged Aluminum • LT 347.60 395.00

·
Registered
442 Posts
Great!

Two good things about lower prices with lower or no rebates is that when I recently bought a new truck with $3000 rebate, my state charged me $180 sales tax on that $3000 and I would not have had to pay that $180 if the price had just been reduced $3000. Also, my state charges its license plate/registration fees based on MSRP's and does not care about actual selling price so dropping the MSRP will help there, too. Not sure about insurance costs being affected....... anyone?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Danko,

Two great points :thumbs

I would like to see them take the mystery out of automotive pricing. The first quote I received on a 2005 SSR in Florida with TTL was over 56K, they called me up about a cash back offer that lowered that to 51K, they then called me and told me that I could purchase it at the same price as the GM employees and that brought it down to 48K. At that point I went to a dealer in Mississippi who gave me a quote over the phone and included the options, taxes, and everything else without a hassle or games.

Of course my hope would be that they do not severely depreciated our current SSR's with the new pricing :)

My Best,

Rob

·
Premium Member
9,314 Posts
Danko,

I can just smell that dozen donuts. :lol

Ray

·
Registered
904 Posts
Well if I went by the dealers around here, Lets see the 03 was $51.000, The 04 was $48,000 as I gave for my 04, The 05 is $38,000, Who in the world knows when you sell cars like that

·
Registered
487 Posts
Pricing

My 04 - recent New/Used purchase (5/31) was $43,000 here in Southern CA. Of course the dealer quoted me the 05 as $55,000 and had no idea what the 06's would be except he imagined them being closer to 60.

Who can you believe these days...

Even if the price does drop, I still feel the purchase was worth it. :)

One word of caution to GM...price drops in large ticket items generally send the message that the market as a whole or the company itself is in trouble. The SSR is the "Halo" vehicle for Chevy and has been bringing people into dealerships to buy other makes and models. (Models which are more profitable for GM) A price drop to sell more SSR’s doesn’t make sense when the real issue here is profits. So what if the SSR’s are $60,000 or even $100,000 they are serving their purpose driving customers to the market. Keep the price on SSR where they should be. Then the only people who buy them are the ones who appreciate them. Everyone else can drive something different.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Fishslayr1 said:
Talked to my old high school friend who works for Chevy in Southern California yesterday. He knows I have been looking at the SSR for a while now. He tells me the higher ups are talking about an MSRP of under 40K for the 06's to jump sales. Anyone else hearing anything.

gm did notify dealers last week on dealerworld that 06 ssr's msrp will be under
$40,000 for base model that a little over $3,000 less than 05's

their will be big discounts by year end on 05's left in dealer stock

john

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,596 Posts
Price adjustments

johnedge said:
gm did notify dealers last week on dealerworld that 06 ssr's msrp will be under
$40,000 for base model that a little over $3,000 less than 05's
their will be big discounts by year end on 05's left in dealer stock
john
The 06 SSR is coming out with 3 different trim levels in part due to customer feedback and some dealer’s complaints that a few of the buyers really don't need or want all the extra goodies on their SSRs. Thus if there is a $3,000 price drop it would be due partly to less optional equipment and not necessarily reflecting an over all price dropping strategy.

Just my .02

1 - 17 of 17 Posts