Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went over the production specs for my year but I cant get an actual breakdown on one specific model. I have a slingshot yellow with a 6 speed. The breakdown for yellow says 285 were built which is (10%) of the total production for that year. Then I checked the 6 speed row and see 576 were made (20%) from the total production. BUT how do I know how many yellow 6 speed models were produced? Is there another spreadsheet out there from Chevy? Any light on this would be very helpful. I was looking for something like a Marti report where a total breakdown is given.

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
45,554 Posts
Go to Dicktators library and go to the folder Production information !!!!!!!!!! Dicktators Library

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,460 Posts
You might also want to go to Build Sheet Requests and get a build sheet for your VIN because this will also give Cash more information for his research. I do not believe there is any easy place for the breakdown you are looking for but I am sure Cash will be able to provide an educated guess some day because he is chasing so many VIN #s and sorting them so many ways.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,179 Posts
When I tried to track down information it seems records were kept on how many were produced total and each year. Then how many of each color. Then how many 6 speeds but no actual way to check how many of a certain color were 6 speeds. You can get pretty close using the percent numbers but no exact numbers.

If 6000 were produced that year and 2000 were yellow that year that would be 33% were yellow. Then if you can find out how many total were 6 speeds that year, say 200 you could use that same reasoning that 1/3 of the yellow were 6 speeds or close but no accurate way to figure it. It would all be ball park. I do know for sure 74 were produced in 2005 that were all yellow with automatics and shipped to the INDY 500 of which mine is #32 of the 74. Keep looking. Good luck.

Reactions: BlueStreak

·
Super Moderator
13,976 Posts
I am tracking the MY2005 SSR 6sp (as well as trying to help finish BYERS total MY2004UV's)

All MY2006 6sp were documented by GM, by VIN & Colour

MY2005 is not so easy - GM did nothing but give a total - and I would not trust that entirely either.
So far, I have documented 1060 of 1637 MY2005 6sp by colour, but don't hold your breath.
I probably have to run 3000 build sheets to find the last 600 - at 20 minutes each - one has to figure out life span - forget the UV searches!
I mean the "life span" a bit facetiously but I am no longer convinced I will finish all this stuff.

Between the 2 it is a daunting task.
Oh, and then there are the wrecked ones!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts