Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone gone for a new quote on a 2006........Well I did this morning and guess what.........the quote listed the 5.3 engine.......is this all for 2006....or is the 6.0 an option....in 2006.....anybody know forsure????? If so.....am glad i got a 2005........ :confused One site says one thing ...one say another :mad

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,101 Posts
Whitewolf: You got a quote from one of the stupid websites didn't you, NOT a dealer?

I have noticed that those websites are so poorly set up that they have the wrong specs for a number of vehicles! I have seen the 5.3 versus 6.0 mistake more than once for the SSR! Their research is inexcusably sloppy.

Talk to a REAL PERSON at a KNOWLEDGEABLE and price competitive dealership. :)

Jim G

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stupid site

It's for sure you got that right.............I went to a GM site right after I got the quote from Motoralley...........A bunch of ding-dongs...........And found the right stuff. Also found a site that offers a 19" and 20" combo set of wheels for an SSR...the mfg is ALBA........if anyones interested...... :seeya

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,210 Posts
Received four quotes this past week

Online through GMBUYPOWER.COM I was quoted $44,000.
Various dealers in my area quoted $45-48,000. I laugh at them.

This was for 3SS loaded with everthing , but chrome wheels, bed rug, and trailer hitch.

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,101 Posts
Fuzzy: Despite the dealer bluster (similar to the "we never discount Corvettes" bluster :) ), an 05 SSR can be gotten right now for a fair price better than what you noted, as it is about to become "last year's model".

Dealers are often their own worst enemy. JUst beofre I bougt my BRAND NEW 2004 SSR in January of this year, I offered to discuss a slightly lower price for a used 03 SSR with a Merceded dealer, but their sales manager insisted on $3000 MORE for the used 03 than I could buy the brand new 04 for from the better of 2 Chevy dealers! Seems he paid too much for it on trade-in and wasn't ready to admit it.

I don't tolertae too much crap from a sale rep. If he is willing to truly negotiate, I give it a fair try, but if he is bein g a horse's butt about it, I walk, and try the next dealer. If they know you are experienced, not intimidated by their bull, and are serious about buying TODAY, they WILL talk.

I've bought at least 35 cars in my lifetime. I look forward to the process. :)

Jim G

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,210 Posts
Ya I know they can be had for less than they quoted me, That's why I was laughing at them.

With GMS pricing and gm card points I get find one loaded for about $39,000.
Mind you this an 06.

·
Registered
50 Posts
2006 anticipation

Well, I ordered a 2006 back in July sight unseen and without firm pricing so I'm rolling the dice a bit here. It's my understanding that the only differences between '05 and '06 are cosmetic. The LS2 powerplant is still there, there's a lower-end trim level, and pricing is expected to drop a couple thousand.

I remember back when I looked at the '03 when it first came out. The salesman was pushing for $10K over list. Kept telling me it was the "Corvette of pickup trucks" and bragging about some movie producer who took the first one off their lot. It's amazing to me how a sales commission can drive someone to insult your intelligence that way.

BTW. This is my first SSR and I'm happy to be a new member to this site.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.