Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
06 Sill Plate Installed / Interior upgrade

Here are pictures of the new sill plates installed in satin chrome. Very easy to install. Less than 5 minutes.

I have also includes some pics of my new interior.

bcbear
:thumbs :thumbs :thumbs

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Oh, oh............ :eek

I think you just cost me $127.00 !!! :lol

That looks SWEET!

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
I agree, They look good!
This board is going to keep costing me more money everytime I log on ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
part number

Do you have the part number handy? My dealer has a habit of ordering the incorrect parts. I guess to the counter boy a door sill plate is a door sill plate.
Those look fantastic!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
2005SSR6Speed said:
They do look great! Do you know if it will fit the tailgate sill?
I don't think the metal looking bits are separate parts such that they apply over the existing sill.

Maybe bcbear will say for sure.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
corvettegreg said:
Do you have the part number handy? My dealer has a habit of ordering the incorrect parts. I guess to the counter boy a door sill plate is a door sill plate.
Those look fantastic!

Part # for DOOR SILL PLATE KIT

Satin Chrome: 17800259
Bright Chrome: 17800296

Shop around. Even at what I paid, I feel they border on being overpriced. Anything over $130.00 I suggest you look at them before ordering. The hardest part of the install was deciding if they were worth it or not.

bcbear

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Thanks for the part number, you are making it too easy to spend more $$$ :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
beer100 said:
I don't think the metal looking bits are separate parts such that they apply over the existing sill.

Maybe bcbear will say for sure.

They sit right over the exsisting black plastic sill where the SSR logo is embossed. All I did was cleaned the sill with 92% alcohol. It comes with two sided tape already installed on the new piece. Just line the up and set it in place. I used a hair dryer on the tape to make it stick better. Once inplace IT CAN'T BE MOVED!!!!!!!!!

Hope this helps.

bcbear

B

·
0 Posts
bcbear10 said:
Ordered from my dealer this past Wednesday. Received on Friday. Received a better price from my dealer. Gmpartsdirect wanted $136.64 plus 3-5 days shipping. My dealer charged me $127.20 including tax and only 3 day.

Installation took 5 minutes per side. Good looking, good quality. Hope they hold up over time.

Hope the pics come out---

bcbear

:thumbs :thumbs :thumbs
Is that yellow I see in those seats? I was wondering when someone with a slingshot wouldo that. Post some pictures. It has to look good, and it will make
Wilcat66 very jealous. :thumbs :ssr :seeya

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BobA said:
Is that yellow I see in those seats? I was wondering when someone with a slingshot wouldo that. Post some pictures. It has to look good, and it will make
Wilcat66 very jealous. :thumbs :ssr :seeya
Yes! I have been working on this for awhile. Was not going to post till completed but got caught when taking pics of the sill plates. Tried to be alittle different from what you did. Not happy with the door pannels yet. They will be re-made next week. Hopefully they will look better. Had all the parts back in 2 days. The color match is pretty darn close. Was quoted $1200.00 for a perfect match. Little steep for one hide. This is pretty darn close and very easy tp obtain.

While interior was out, uses the time to upgrade sound system and add a remote radar detector. Wil post pics at a later date.

bcbear (Marc)

·
Registered
123 Posts
door trim

I know we are off thread topic now, but...

I was told the leather would not hold the shape of the door panel insert without a visible line where it would be sewn to a backing. I guess this is why yours has all those sew lines. I had one guy quote me $500 for a torch red hide. Another quoted me $650 for the same hide AND labor for the seat inserts. It pays to shop around, even if you have to drive a bit.

Jason

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Man that looks awesome, I thought about it too but was afraid I couldn't match the yellow well enough and that would bug me.... ALOT. But I actually have something different in mind. I love the look! :thumbs

1 - 20 of 31 Posts