Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought this vehicle and while it only has 11000 miles the top on the bed will not stay up and it is quite difficult to raise.

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
See how simple it is ... you ask and you shall receive !!! By the way :00000732: :00000732: :00000732: to the wonderful world of SSRfanatics and of course CONGRATULATIONS on being the new owner your beautiful 2006 C H E V R O L E T SSR !!! I can tell you right now 2018 is going to be a fun, fun, fun year for you and you are starting off the New Year in style. We are nosey fanatics so let us know where you live and all about you. Again :00000732: aboard !!! tennesseecozydog Nashville, Tennessee area. :ssr

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,351 Posts
Click this link Simple Engineering and find all the things you need and many you did not know you need yet.>:)

and welcome from one of the SoCal Nuts.
You can modify your profile by using User_CP in the upper right of the screen and then Modify Your Profile on the left under YOUR_PROFILE

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,900 Posts
Just bought this vehicle and while it only has 11000 miles the top on the bed will not stay up and it is quite difficult to raise.

Any thoughts?
Welcome to the Forum, go to the technical section and spend some quality time reading through the amazing info pulled together by fellow SSR owners over the past 15 years.

This is a 12 year old vehicle that has had very little use so regardless of the mileage things like tires, fluids, belts, bushings etc. get old and hard and fail. The lift cylinders for the hood and bed lid when left in the compressed state with very little use will eventually weaken.

Kind of like us, when we sit in a chair too long the old joints don't quite want to work right when we get up! LOL

IF that R has the original tires, you need to make an investment in new ones ASAP. The side walls are very likely dry rotted.

Greg

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,888 Posts
A big hearty welcome from sunny Sturgis South Dakota!!!

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Welcome from BIG PONDER TEXAS !! It is so small you will miss it i

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Click this link Simple Engineering and find all the things you need and many you did not know you need yet.>:)

and welcome from one of the SoCal Nuts.
You can modify your profile by using User_CP in the upper right of the screen and then Modify Your Profile on the left under YOUR_PROFILE

Welcome to the very best Forum you will ever encounter!! As BlueStreak says "you will find many things you did not even know you would need" at Simple Engineering. I am a great example of that, joined this Forum in late October, got the SSR on November 1 and have already purchased and had installed a ton of cool and needed upgraded parts from Mike in AZ via his Simple Engineering -- and mine only had 12,600 miles on it. As you will find out, Chevy copped out on the cheap in several areas when the built the SSR and those areas really need to be upgraded. Also the suggestion for the One Drive and Dicktator's how to's with explicit instructions is a must.
Another "must have" is the Welcome Package from Frank -- [email protected]. It contains much help and insight and history.
Now I know more than I can remember -- have tons of .PDF files and links to lots of information that I may never need but have just in case.
i have never had so much fun with a vehicle since I had my Hot Rod in the 50's. "Permagrin" is true and maybe even an understatement.

Cheers and Welcome, Gib

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
welcome , lots of good info here

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Welcome from one of the other So. Cal Nutz. Do as the other members have said and fill in you info so we know a little about you. Listen to Bluestreak, he knows what he is talking about, oh and one more thing in case you missed it. WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts