Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
Btw, that North Freeway Hyundai dealership also has a 2005 on their site that started life as black and was changed to silver/black. Curious as to how they did it. Looks like they went thru all the work of repainting the hood, tonneau, and top pieces silver, but left the piece behind the seats (that covers the retracted roof) black, along with the interior waterfall panel between the seats. Anyway, looks pretty nice in the pictures.
I cannot speak to the one at the dealership, but the two tones all started life as one color. The production vehicles were pulled off the line, masked and the lower color was sprayed. Painting the upper color “properly”, under the cargo cover, the roof panels, swapping or painting the interior panels and under the hood is tons more work.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks txnssr. Interesting. I actually thought myself that if I really wanted a two-tone but couldn't find one, the way to go would be to buy a solid color in the color you would want on top (e.g. silver) and have the lower half repainted (e.g. black). I used the same logic that it would be better to not get involved repainting the roof sections & cover piece, waterfall panel, tonneau, etc.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts