1 - 6 of 6 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new to this club. I am seriously considering on buying an
SSR. I was going to buy a 2004 and then considered a 2005 but when
I saw some pictures of the 2-tone 2006, I am leaning towards purchasing
the 2006 but does anyone know how many 2-tone colors will be available.
I really like the Orange with creme color. When I called one dealer, the only thing
the sales person knew was that 1 multitone color would be available and that is
the silver w/black. Does anyone know if this is true or what are the multi - tone
colors that will be available. I prefer not to have the silver with black combo.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Welcome

Check out the Chevrolet.com web site and pick

"build your own"

You can get silver on black, or black on silver.
When you select the color choice, it gives you a sample

Good luck.

Vaquero

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
d'dog said:
Hello, I am new to this club. I am seriously considering on buying an
SSR. I was going to buy a 2004 and then considered a 2005 but when
I saw some pictures of the 2-tone 2006, I am leaning towards purchasing
the 2006 but does anyone know how many 2-tone colors will be available.
I really like the Orange with creme color. When I called one dealer, the only thing
the sales person knew was that 1 multitone color would be available and that is
the silver w/black. Does anyone know if this is true or what are the multi - tone
colors that will be available. I prefer not to have the silver with black combo.

That orange w/creme 2-tone look you saw was a custom job. So, all you can get from Lansing would be black on silver or silver on black...Raiders colors out here in CA...YUCK!

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
artsmart said:
That orange w/creme 2-tone look you saw was a custom job. So, all you can get from Lansing would be black on silver or silver on black...Raiders colors out here in CA...YUCK!
When I called one dealer, the only thing the sales person knew was that 1 multitone color would be available and that is the silver w/black. Does anyone know if this is true or what are the multi - tone colors that will be available. I prefer not to have the silver with black combo.
See bolded text below...

Chevrolet Debuts Two-Tone Paint Design on SSR Pace Vehicle

New Scheme to be Introduced on Pace and Parade Lap Vehicles During the Allstate 400 at the Brickyard

2006 Chevy SSR Pace Vehicle

INDIANAPOLIS - Chevrolet has paced every NASCAR race at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway since the first Brickyard 400 in 1994. This year for the first time, the honor falls upon the Chevrolet SSR to represent the brand at the Allstate 400 at the Brickyard on Aug. 7. Just as the full-fendered forms of the SSR recall the later '40s and early '50s, the new for 2006 two-tone paint option and bright chrome accents of the thoroughly modern roadster will remind enthusiasts of the '60s.

This will be the first time that a Chevy SSR has been on pace vehicle duty at Indianapolis Motor Speedway for a NASCAR race. In addition to the pace vehicle, a collection of 45 two-tone and bright chrome 2006 Chevy SSRs will be used to parade the field of NASCAR Nextel Cup Series drivers around the track during driver introductions on race day.

"The two-tone paint along with pacing the race is a bold way for Chevrolet to introduce a new look for the Chevy SSR," said Ed Peper, Chevrolet general manager. "We're pleased to add another chapter to Chevrolet's illustrious history at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway."

The Chevy SSR pace vehicle design features five Hot Hues(TM) colors from DuPont starting with a wide stripe of True Blue that begins above the grill and extends across the top of the vehicle to the deck lid with Molten Orange adorning the lower sides of each vehicle. The GM design team chose between 10 DuPont Hot Hues shades before deciding on the current paint scheme which also incorporates the colors of Cosmic Dust, Bombay Blue and Tango. Initially two different two-tone paint schemes will be available as an option on the 2006 Chevy SSR and will arrive at Chevy dealerships late this summer. Additional combinations of SSR colors will be rolled out throughout the 2006 model year.

The Chevy SSR that will pace the field continues to be nearly identical to the 2006 model available in dealer showrooms. In addition to the two-tone paint scheme, the 2006 Chevy SSR will feature a 6.0 Liter LS2 V-8 that delivers 395 horsepower, a four-speed automatic transmission, 19-inch HRE 647R wheels with polished rim and brushed aluminum spokes in the front and matching 20-inch wheels in the back. A six-speed manual transmission is optional and with it, SSR's horsepower increases to 400.

During Chevrolet's history of pace duties at the track, a Monte Carlo (1994, 1997-2004), a C-1500 Full-Size Pickup (1995) and a Camaro (1996) have paced the Brickyard race.

As the Official Vehicle of NASCAR, Chevrolet will perform pace duties for 60 NASCAR events in 2005 including 28 NASCAR Nextel Cup, 17 Busch Series and 15 Craftsman Truck Series races, featuring such vehicles as the Corvette, Monte Carlo and Silverado, in addition to SSR.

The 45 two-tone SSRs, which have sequential serial numbers, will be used to parade the NASCAR drivers around the track during the pre-race driver introductions are the first 2006 models to be produced with the new paint option and bright chrome trim. After leaving the Speedway, all 45 will be available for purchase at Chevy dealerships in the North Central region following the race weekend. Each will be sold with a certificate of authenticity verifying its use at Indianapolis Motor Speedway and will also include a commemorative plaque featuring an actual piece of asphalt from Indianapolis Motor Speedway before it was repaved this past winter.

"Thanks to the relationship Chevrolet has with Indianapolis Motor Speedway, we are able to use the Allstate 400 at the Brickyard as the perfect venue to debut the two-tone Chevy SSR and market Chevy's full line of cars and trucks," said Peper. "What a great way to provide race fans with the opportunity to purchase our heritage-styled, performance roadster that includes a piece of racing history."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts