Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
RetroCarGuy530
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've sold my 2010 Camaro SS this past weekend. We've decided to get a four door car in its place.

I have several left over items I'm trying to sell that I've posted on the camaro5.com site (same userid over there).

I know a few SSR owners have 5th gen Camaros as well, so I thought I would create a post here to let them know about some items they may want for their Camaro.

Send me a PM if you want more details

·
RetroCarGuy530
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so why did you sell the Camero so soon?
I owned that Camaro for 2.5 years. I was having a "few issues" with the active fuel management valve lifters (replaced once) and some residual "smells" from the engine repair. A lot of "things (issues/noises/smells)" were being put into that special category of "it's normal" and I should not have to deal with that many issues as normal.

I also need to get something that holds more than two people easily.

We have one family vehicle (our 06 Highlander Hybrid) but there are times that vehicle might not be available (in for repair or my wife is driving it) and I need to drive my mom around. My mom has a bad hip and she may have surgery on the hip and the Camaro sat too low for her. The SSR sits at a good height, but the passenger side door opening / seat position is too tight to get my mom in/out of the SSR. My wife's 04 Thunderbird also sits too low for my mom as well.

It was not an easy decision to make (even with all of the issues I was having with the car). Nothing was fully "broken" just "off" enough to be an annoyance to me.

Looks like I'm going to get a 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8. I placed an order for one last week and it should be arriving sometime in January. A four door car but it's still a performance vehicle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts