Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has always been a great event where SSRs have had a great turnout. Contact Florida John for questions via msg or email [email protected]

If anyone wants to suggest additional activities in connection with this show, please do.

I have already registered as a member of the Florida SSR Club so we can be parked together.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/festival-holiday-car-show-tickets-44983636267?aff=erelexpmlt

DATE AND TIME

Sun, December 2, 2018

10:00 AM – 4:00 PM EST

Festival Marketplace

2900 W Sample Rd

Pompano Beach, FL 33073

DESCRIPTION

The LARGEST Semi-Annual CAR SHOW in South Florida
OVER 600 Registered cars attended the 2017 Holiday Show
'Open Show' - Classic, Foreign, Rods, etc. all welcome
Mark your calendar...You don't want to miss this MEGA show.
Music, Fun, Food and Lots and Lots of GREAT CARS. Oh, by the way, GREAT SHOPPING at 250+ Indoor Air-Conditioned Shops.
Registration Day of Show OPENS 8 am CLOSES Noon.
Pre-Registration CLOSES Thursday, November 29, 2018

***FIRST 200 Pre-Registered Cars Receive FREE $10.00 Gas Card

·
Registered
315 Posts
After how we were treated last year i will never go there again. We paid our money and had to park with the shoppers when i complained they just raised their arms. Anyone who goes there again good luck!

·
SSR Pit Crew
2,238 Posts
We were there the previous year (2016) and had no issues. Before I send my money in I'll ask for assurances that that won't happen again. Thanks for the heads up.

Dave

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kraut,
I would like to know more details about your experience so I can speak to management. Who was in charge of our participation? Please PM me if you don't mind.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Kraut,
I would like to know more details about your experience so I can speak to management. Who was in charge of our participation? Please PM me if you don't mind.
Thanks
The problem was that they never setup an area for us to park together , they said the forgot. Also the show is open to anyone and they don’t control spaces for the ones that pre register .
BSTPAPA

·
Premium Member
2,340 Posts
I was the one who spearheaded the SSR participation in the Festival Flea Market Car Show for several years. Last year there was a screw up with the parking spots not being saved for us. I contacted them after the show and I received an apology letter (below).

Pete,
I want to apologize again for the for the screw up with your reserved parking.
I know that I spoke with you originally to reserve the spaces for the SSR Club. When making up the chart we missed your requested space and put you in a different row. Then they assigned you again and dropped the club entirely.
This is no way a good enough reason for the error.
Please contact me with regards to the spring show on April 8, 2018 and I will make every effort to assure your club gets special attention

Dick Barten
954-563-4000

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi All,
I want to let everyone know I spoke to Dick Barten, the show organizer, on Friday and he personally assured me he would take care of us this year and there absolutely would not be a repeat of past problems. This is what he agreed to if we pre-registered. Reserve the required number of spots in the car show area. We do not need to come in together but would like a couple of members to arrive early to help members to their spots..which I agreed to do..volunteers? I hope this will lead to a great time. Please register and post you are coming and I'll continue to coordinate with Dick and everyone.
Thanks,
Florida John

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi All,
I hope based on the pledge from the show director, Dick Barten, we will have a good turnout at the show. If you plan to attend, please post so I have an idea of how many to expect.
Thanks,
Florida John

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hi All,
I'm re-posting this in an effort to stimulate some interest.
If you plan to attend and have registered or plan to, please let me know via PM or e-mail at [email protected] so I can make arrangements with the show management for enough dedicated spaces.
Thanks,
Florida John
2018 Festival Holiday Market Open Car & Truck Show
This has always been a great event where SSRs have had a great turnout. Contact Florida John for questions via msg or email [email protected]

If anyone wants to suggest additional activities in connection with this show, please do.

I have already registered as a member of the Florida SSR Club so we can be parked together.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/festival-holiday-car-show-tickets-44983636267

DATE AND TIME

Sun, December 2, 2018

10:00 AM – 4:00 PM EST

Festival Marketplace

2900 W Sample Rd

Pompano Beach, FL 33073

DESCRIPTION

The LARGEST Semi-Annual CAR SHOW in South Florida
OVER 600 Registered cars attended the 2017 Holiday Show
'Open Show' - Classic, Foreign, Rods, etc. all welcome
Mark your calendar...You don't want to miss this MEGA show.
Music, Fun, Food and Lots and Lots of GREAT CARS. Oh, by the way, GREAT SHOPPING at 250+ Indoor Air-Conditioned Shops.
Registration Day of Show OPENS 8 am CLOSES Noon.
Pre-Registration CLOSES Thursday, November 29, 2018

***FIRST 200 Pre-Registered Cars Receive FREE $10.00 Gas Card

1 - 13 of 13 Posts