Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Redline FPR 6 Speed
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hot Rod Power Tour begins in Bowling Green, KY where it ended last year. The date is June 9-15. I am joining the HRPT for the Darlington to Raleigh to Charlotte leg, June 13-15. Please sign up on this post if you are participating and where you will begin. This is the link for information and registration. Safe TRKN! Bill

Hot Rod Power Tour - Hot Rod Network

·
Just a Canadian Fanatic!!
2004 SSR Ultra Violet
42,655 Posts
Oh those are 2 of my bucket list places .... Bowling Green and Z-max Dragway!! 4 topfuelers at once???? OH YEAH!!!!

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Susie and I will be longhaulers as well... With stops at Biltmore, Tail of the Dragon and the Cherohala Skyway on the return trip to the Lone Star State.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,436 Posts
Hopefully, fingers crossed, we'll see some pictures along the route? Pretty please! (It's on my bucket list but no time soon)

·
Premium Member
713 Posts

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
A few more... took the Vette last year, going in the R this year.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Very nice Pix Curbsssr. Thank You !!! Really like the Pick Up in # 8 and beautiful old church in # 9. You're a good photographer. Dumb me ... just figured out your "handle, it's Curbs ssr. Nice choice. Back in the day (30 years ago) when we were cruisin' in our our 55 our vanity plate was JANS 55 (wifey) tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Georgia SSRers
1,008 Posts
Hot Rod Power Tour begins in Bowling Green, KY where it ended last year. The date is June 9-15. I am joining the HRPT for the Darlington to Raleigh to Charlotte leg, June 13-15. Please sign up on this post if you are participating and where you will begin. This is the link for information and registration. Safe TRKN! Bill

Hot Rod Power Tour - Hot Rod Network
Guess I'll miss you on the TOUR.
I'm driving to Chattanooga on Sunday June 10
I'm Signed in for the Chattanooga to Pooler AL to Atlanta.
Monday and Tuesday.
Taking my PURPLE SSR...
This is my FIRST GO...Got any advice MR. BILL ?( or any experienced TOURer)

·
Premium Member
2006 Redline FPR 6 Speed
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Monday and Tuesday.
Taking my PURPLE SSR...
Fred, my 1st HRPT also so have no advice. Hopefully someone experienced will reply. Enjoy! Bill

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Fred, my 1st HRPT also so have no advice. Hopefully someone experienced will reply. Enjoy! Bill
Monday and Tuesday.
Taking my PURPLE SSR...
We've been the last two years. Enjoy the routes between cities, It's not a race and the venues don't open till noon. Basically all the same vendors setting up in the next town so if you seen one you've pretty much seen them all except for all the local people that come out. These small towns have never seen that many cars in town in one day ever. They all sit out by the side of the roads and wave, some towns will have little rest stops set up. Traffic can be an issue sometimes when you're rolling into these small towns that have one stop sign or one red light but generally the local LEO's are working these intersections. Pee stops can get interesting and create some lines in places with one head. The venues are generally at race tracks or parking lots. It can get pretty hot pretty quick. We bought some umbrellas that clamp on to our lawn chairs and carry ice chest with water and a few beers (for medicinal purposes only) hats and sunscreen. It's amazing just being at the hotel for the evening looking at all the old cars in the parking lot. If you like cars old and new you'll have a blast.

·
Georgia SSRers
1,008 Posts
power tour

I’ll be going to the Hoover,Al stop
I am going from Chattanooga to Hoover to Atlanta..
Driving SOLO , hope I can find someone to follow, Sorta hard to read directions and drive at the same time.
Driving my Ultra Violet (purple) SSR

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Driving SOLO , hope I can find someone to follow, Sorta hard to read directions and drive at the same time.
You can follow us... One "R" and two Vettes.

We're leaving from the Marriott Downtown in Chattanooga on Monday morning the 11th, leaving from the Hyatt Regency in Birmingham on Tuesday morning the 12th

PM me your phone number and we'll make it happen.

Curbsssr

·
Georgia SSRers
1,008 Posts
you can follow us... One "r" and two vettes.

We're leaving from the marriott downtown in chattanooga on monday morning the 11th, leaving from the hyatt regency in birmingham on tuesday morning the 12th

pm me your phone number and we'll make it happen.

Curbsssr
done and done !
Thanks for the reply curbsssr.
Anyone else ??

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
"fred" pulled the directions off the web and I "think" I know Tennessee, especially here in Middle Tennessee, and I couldn't follow them while I sittin' at the dining room table with the Tennessee map spread out. I did figure out they were going North on I-65 when they leave and take Exit 36 and head out in the countryside then wind thru Tennessee to Chattanooga.

Long Hauler's have a Safe and Trouble Free 2018 Power Tour through the "Heart of Dixie" ... Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia and the beautiful Carolina's

tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
I am going as well...sorry I posted another thread yesterday about this. This is our 7th HRPT and have enjoyed every one of them. We will be driving an 86 gold El Camino SS this year with matching Hurst Dazzler gold wheels. Parking in VIP gold spots. Please say hello if you walk by. Would really like to meet some more Forum members. We haven't had the SSR on the power tour in about 3 years.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts