Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Certified SSR "Nutcase"
2005 Ricochet Silver, Automatic
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fanatics,

Yes, the Maggie Valley Rally Car Show is back for 2018!!!

Fred Waring, of Waynesville Chevrolet, has again graciously offered to provide his dealership as the venue, and to host our car show. Fred and the folks at his dealership have done a fantastic job for us in the past, and I'm sure that this year's event will be more of the same.

I will be organizing the event again for us this year, and after a 2 year hiatus, I'm looking forward to us doing it again. So far, it looks like we will have another great year of attendance for the rally, including several new fanatics, so I'm optimistic for really good turnout.

Date and times for our car show will be as follows:

Date: Saturday, May 19
Time Slot: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Registration for Competition: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Fanatics Voting/Judging: 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm

Awards will be as follows (presented at our banquet):

Top 10 Modified
Top 10 Original
Best of Show

Note that in the past, the dealership has provided a couple of awards on their own as well, usually one for modified and one for original. These would be presented at our banquet as well.

Whether you plan to register for the competition or not, I encourage everyone to attend our event. All the fanatics present (both driver and co-pilot), and whether in the completion or not, will be encouraged to participate in the voting/judging. Plus, a great show of support on our part will help demonstrate our appreciation to the folks of Waynesville Chevrolet for their time, effort, and expense in hosting our car show.

If any of you have any questions about the car show, please either post them to this thread or send me a PM.

Thanks,

Alex

·
Georgia SSRers
1,011 Posts
ALEX,
Does this overlap with other planned excursions ?

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,940 Posts
If you need a head count, the Firetruck will be in attendance. Thanks

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Thanks for organizing this event, Alex. Always look forward to checking out other SSR's. If it helps with your planning......add Micduffer to the list of attendees.

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
2,094 Posts
Add Texasbaehr

1 - 20 of 54 Posts