Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,844 Posts
Hey buddy, there is no link. Just a attachment showing the form. By the way what is the $79 for. If it's just to see your smiling face that's a little high. ?

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
Hey buddy, there is no link. Just a attachment showing the form. By the way what is the $79 for. If it's just to see your smiling face that's a little high. ?
SWT RYD, at the 2015 SSR International Rally in Springfield, Illinois, our Registration Fee was $75.00 and INCLUDED a T Shirt, The Closing Night Banquet Meal, a very nice White Denim Goodie Bag with Redline Red straps and an SSR 2015 SSR International Patch. And ... I'm sure you can expect almost the same "stuff" for the 79 Dollar fee in Branson. t-dog :ssr

·
Premium Member
5,844 Posts
Will have to copy and print registration page for now.
$75 pp covers M/G, goodie bags, Banquet, attendance prizes etc. and my hopefully smiling face /forum/images/SSRFanatic_2016/smilies/tango_face_grin.png
For those on Facebook you can download from there.

·
Daily Driver
8,940 Posts
Well it's a year away and Christmas in coming and money is tight and something may happen and...

NO Putting a rally together of any size takes a lot of work and planning.
If the organizers think restaurant X would be a good place to eat they can't just put it on the schedule.
They have to get restaurant X to agree to handle a bunch of people at a given date and time.
They may even ask for an advance deposit, especially from a car/motorcycle group.

The same goes for other venues, especially if we ask for dedicated parking.
So give these guys a break, give them assurance you plan on going and a couple bucks to work with,
because I suspect they're going to be digging into their piggy banks to make this happen.
$75/$150 isn't going to alter your life, if it is maybe you shouldn't be planning on going in the first place.

:imsorry: somebody had to say it.

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
Will have to copy and print registration page for now.
$75 pp covers M/G, goodie bags, Banquet, attendance prizes etc. and my hopefully smiling face :grin2::ssr
Hey Denny,

(OMG Lance @PokerGuy is going to love me for this one, but...) :laugh:

When we created our registration form for the Southeast Rally...Lance took what we had and made it into a really cool PDF form with fill in the blank fields. He even shrunk it down to the correct size. :nerd:

Maybe he could help you and David out too. :smile2:

Luv ya Lance...mean it :x

·
Ms Donna's Driver
04’ Silver and 05’ Sinister
4,877 Posts
Nothing like volunteering your friend. ?? Or maybe past friend.? :surprise:
And the guy probably isn't home yet or even unpacked. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Hi Denny,

It would be good to offer the registration form in both PDF and Word formats. Let me know if you need any assistance. You have a printed copy, so the formatting revision should be fairly straightforward.

Thanks,
David :blur:

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,757 Posts
I printed out the registration form last night, I don't know what all the problem is?
XOXOXOBruce is correct. When we hosted the rally in Savannah we were out $1,500 to reserve the Banquet room and hotel rooms, Plus a deposit for the Trollies & parking lot Security. first day the we started making arrangements. Hosting a large rally cost the hosts a lot of out of pocket money to get things rolling, and they HOPE they are able to recoup their costs at the end. I know of a couple that were out of pocket after it was all over.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Hi Denny,

It would be good to offer the registration form in both PDF and Word formats. Let me know if you need any assistance. You have a printed copy, so the formatting revision should be fairly straightforward.

Thanks,
Here is the Word formatted form. I had to convert back to an older (97-2003) version of Word to get it to upload...

I am still working to reduce the file size of the PDF for upload.

David

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
I printed out the registration form last night, I don't know what all the problem is?
XOXOXOBruce is correct. When we hosted the rally in Savannah we were out $1,500 to reserve the Banquet room and hotel rooms, Plus a deposit for the Trollies & parking lot Security. first day the we started making arrangements. Hosting a large rally cost the hosts a lot of out of pocket money to get things rolling, and they HOPE they are able to recoup their costs at the end. I know of a couple that were out of pocket after it was all over.
Very well stated Michael. When we planned the 2015 International, we had no idea of the up front costs. tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Registered
12 Posts
The registration would not download correctly for me in Word. I copied the jpeg image and placed it in a word doc. I converted that to a pdf, but you can print the jpeg and complete it that way. All is good for me.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
You have no idea of the costs involved in staging a rally until YOU do it! As stated above, from the hotels to the restaurants to the venues to the municipal fees and deposits, everything costs upfront money when planning for these large events. Not to mention, the time and money involved in identifying, contacting, interviewing, and confirming all of these various vendors.

I have no issue with providing these funds and am always appreciative of these realities when I attend a well managed event!

·
Spirited driver!
1,528 Posts
Hi guys, I am happy to help bit as Mic mentioned IAM not home yet from the GA trip. Going to drive 500+ miles tomorrow to get home but can work on this the next day. If someone can send me the Word version of the doc (not just an image), I will make a PDF that can be filled in on the computer. Send it to [email protected].

1 - 20 of 23 Posts