Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hats off to Michael and Linda Roe for hosting the 2020 "mini" Rally in the Valley. It was a great success and lots of fun. The "Best of Show" award goes to Miss Linda for cooking breakfast for all of us every morning. Hospitality was at it's best just sitting on the creekside porch of the "5 Star" motel built in 1952 and listening to the creek "roaring" down the waterway (or "canal") !!! We had "Yeller" ones, Pac Blue, Red, Silver, Aqua Blur & Purple SSR's represented. Again THANK YOU Michael & Linda for being Host & Hostess !!! The weather was beautiful and it was a great relaxing weekend. Hope you all do it again next year. "Of all the gifts, Love is the best and I was proud to be your Rally in the Valley Guest" (modified from Grandpa Jones recitation "Christmas Guest") tennesseecozydog ... 10 uh C cozydog ... 10 a See cozydog aka Bob Alexander

·
Have SSR...will travel!!
1,169 Posts
Glad you had a good time Bob.

My R would not cooperate so I was at home.

Linda and Michael, thanks for carrying on and helping Fanatics have a good time despite the hardships.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Thanks to Michael and Linda for doing the Rally under the condition. I only missed 09 and this one. I know you missed me starting the "Old Work Truck" up at 4-5am to come home...God Bless...See Y'all Next Year

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,987 Posts
Glad you had a good time Bob.

My R would not cooperate so I was at home.

Linda and Michael, thanks for carrying on and helping Fanatics have a good time despite the hardships.
Sorry to hear you had a problem child. Hope that situation has been improved.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Yes Bob, we know you don't do pictures. Was hoping someone else was active with a camera.

My name?? Really?? Hope you told all my fellow fanatic friends HI for me.

·
Premium Member
7,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes Bob, we know you don't do pictures. Was hoping someone else was active with a camera.

My name?? Really?? Hope you told all my fellow fanatic friends HI for me.
If you know I don't do pictures, why did you ask for them on my post ??? FYI, I think Michael took some. 10 uh C cozy.

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,711 Posts
We had a total of 8 SSR's in attendance at the 15th Anniversary of Rally in the Valley
Gary G
Lonebone
Garris1
Rockytop
PeteL
TNJOE
Tennesseecozydog
SSROE
The pavilion at LPI was closed, and the owners wanted us to stay apart from each other in front of our rooms,.so we all stayed at The Valley INN
Andy the owner had a load of firewood delivered that week just for us because we had almost filled all the rooms. He was very happy that we had as many people as did.
If anyone would like to make reservations for next year the at The Valley INN Andy is ready to assign you a room now.

Thursday: Meet & Great was the usual Papa John's Pizza at the Gazebo by the river behind the motel, then visit around the Campfire.

Friday: Linda made Breakfast for everyone, Gary G, Lonebone, and Garrs1 Cruised to Bridle Veil Falls, that evening we cruised to Dinner at Papa's & Beer, where we Tailgated in the parking lot. Then ended the evening Visiting around the Campfire next to the river

Saturday: Linda made Breakfast for everyone, we Cruised to Chimney Rock. That evening we Picked up Dinner from Brick House Burgers returned to the Gazebo to eat, and again another Campfire and another Great evening
The weather was perfect with a slight breeze all weekend.
Linda and I hope all of our family is Well and Safe! We had a great time and all of you were missed. If it helps we talked about a lot of you and reminisced about other rallies and the friends that we all missed not being there.
The only pictures I took were of tailgating Friday night. I someone else did. These are out of order but they are here, they are also on the update thread.
20200514_114106.jpg Veil.jpg 9.jpg 5.jpg 20200515_184636.jpg 7.jpg 4.jpg 3.jpg 0.jpg

·
Registered
'05 Aqua Blur 6-spd
544 Posts
Pictures??? We want pictures!!
There are more pictures at Maggie Valley 2020 UPDATED RALLY INFORMATION

I expect more will be added over the next several days.

As noted above, there were eight trucks, 13 folks:
3 Yellow, 3 folks
2 Aqua Blur. 4 folks
1 Red, 2 folks
1 Pacific Blue, 2 folks
1 Silver. 2 folks

4 R's from Tennessee, 7 folks
2 from Georgia, 3 folks
1 from Kentucky, 1 folk
1 from Maryland, 2 folks
The other states were equally represented, same number of folks as trucks. :rolleyes:

But who's counting? o_O

·
Premium Member
6,333 Posts
We talked about a lot of them, from past rallies, stories etc.. So those FOLKS were there in spirit!
Looks like a good time was had by all! Sounds like you had great weather too, which is not always the case at any rally!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts