Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SCHEDULE AND TIME OF EVENTS

Wednesday Sept. 15:
3:00 PM to 6:00 PM - Registration – Front Desk Area – Two Rally Banners to be signed by EVERYONE!

3:00 PM to 9:00 PMSilent Auction and Raffle Items - "Rome Room" – view items, purchase raffle and 50/50 tickets and bid on the Silent Auction items.

6:00 PM to 10:00 PMMeet and Greet - Upper and Lower Terrace of the hotel. Hors d'oeuvres and snacks provided and a cash bar for your enjoyment!

Thursday Sept. 16:
8:00 AM to 12:00 PMRegistration – "Rome Room" - Late arrival registrations. Two Rally Banners to be signed by EVERYONE!

8:00 AM to 12:00 PMSilent Auction and Raffle Items - "Rome Room" – view items, purchase raffle and 50/50 tickets and bid on the Silent Auction items. Hours may be extended through the day.

8:30 AM Cincinnati Museum Center – We will leave Holiday Inn Parking Lot. There will be a group photo in front of the museum upon arrival. Address is 1301 Western Ave., Cincinnati, Ohio. If you don’t want to travel with the group, leave at your leisure. Hours are 10-4. BRING YOUR TICKETS!

3:00 PM to 5:00 PMSwap MeetHotel Parking Lot - "FREE TO ALL VENDORS"

6:30 PM Box Office OpensStarlite Drive In MovieArrive by 7:30 PM to be in drone pictures and not interfere with pictures. First come, first serve for the best spots to park! It is recommended that we move in small groups so as not to create a traffic problem on the highway. Drone video and pictures will be taken before movie and the 50-60's best costume for men and women will also take place at 7:30 by the concession stand. Concession stands will be open. The previews will begin around 8:10 and the movie “American Graffiti” will begin immediately afterwards. NO TICKET REQUIRED; PAYMENT WILL BE VERIFIED!

Do Not Miss the Previews!!! There is a surprise that not even the Host International Team knows about!!! Don’t Be Late!!! - Address 2255 State Route 125, Amelia, Ohio (12 miles away) "American Graffiti" (Movie length 1 hour 53 minutes.)

Friday Sept. 17:
8:00 AM to 12:00 PMSilent Auction and Raffle Items - "Rome Room" – view items, purchase raffle and 50/50 tickets and bid on the Silent Auction items. Hours may be extended through the day.

9:00 AM National Air Force Museum – We will leave Holiday Inn Parking Lot - FREE ADMISSION (Museum hours 9-5) Leave at your leisure to see other Dayton attractions or Linda’s Scenic Drive back to hotel. (Found in this booklet) Note: Masks are mandatory at this Federal Facility. Address is 1100 Spaatz St., Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio. Make sure you are back for the B&B Dinner Cruise!

5:45 PM B&B Riverboat Dinner Cruise – We will leave Holiday Inn Parking Lot - Address is 101 Riverboats Row, Newport, Ky. Boarding can begin at 6:30. Boat departs promptly at 7:30. Returns to the Dock at 9:30 and we have 30 minutes to depart from the boat. BRING YOUR TICKETS!
It's also Friday Night Fireworks at Riverfront Stadium as the Reds have a home game! It will be a great view from the water or parking lot if it occurs after our dinner cruise

Saturday Sept. 18:
8:00 AM to 9:00 AMSilent Auction and Raffle Items - "Rome Room" – view items, purchase raffle and 50/50 tickets and bid on the Silent Auction items. Hours may be extended through the day.

9:30 AMGroup Photo ShootHotel Parking Lot - Staging begins at 9:00 am. Group photo prior to departure for the Speedway.

11:00 AM or after completion of Photo shoot Kentucky Speedway Hotel Parking Lot – 4 Hour track rental is (12:30 to 4:30 PM). Individual pictures will be taken at the start-finish line and prints will be available purchase. Address for Speedway is 1 Speedway Drive, Sparta, KY. BRING YOUR TICKET!

You can return to Cincinnati on your own or via Linda’s Scenic Routes or make your own plans for the rest of the day. (Note: We will be having a video shoot on a selected section of Linda’s Scenic Route of SSR’s on a hilly, windy, section of the return trip. Time and location will be announced.)

Sunday Sept. 19:
8:00 AM to 12:00 PMSilent Auction and Raffle Items - "Rome Room" – view items, purchase raffle and 50/50 tickets and bid on the Silent Auction items.

9:00 AM to 12:00 PM – Tech Session - "Florence Room" - Mark "Autoprof" Mitchell, Dick "Dicktator" Bellville, Mike "Mike in AZ" Moro and Ed "ED in FL" Borland will be our presenters. This is a must see especially for our Newbies!

9:00 AM to 12:00 PM – Ladies Vendor Shopping - "Venice Room" - We are bringing the shopping to you!

1:00 PM to 4:00 PMShow and Shine - Jeff Wyler Auto Mall. 1117 State Route 32, Batavia, Ohio (2 miles from Hotel) FREE ENTRY and 25 categories for trophies. A FOOD TRUCK will be onsite. BRING YOUR FREE FOOD TICKET! NOTE: Only Show & Shine entries are eligible to vote.

4:30 PM to 6:00 PMSilent Auction and Raffle Items - "Rome Room" – view items, purchase raffle and 50/50 tickets and last chance to bid on the Silent Auction items. (Note: Winners will need to pay with CASH or CHECK only.)

5:30 PM to 9:30 PMBanquet/Awards/Raffle - "Conference Center at Hotel" – Guest Speaker will be Bob Walczyk the former Chevrolet Marketing Manager for the SSR. Topic will be the development of the SSR and the Signature Series Trucks. The evening concludes with the winners of the silent and raffle auctions. We will conclude the 2021 International SSR Rally with selecting the winner of the 2005 Aqua Blur Raffle Truck!

CHECK THE NOTIFICATION BOARD NEAR THE FRONT DESK DAILY FOR ADDITIONS AND CHANGES!

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow SuperCharged
140 Posts
HUAW, Thank you for this info,It really helps to plan our time there....

Now if could get someone to do the same for the Deadwood adventure,.......That would be just Awesome...

..Again thank you very much.....SuperChargeYellow "One Sweet Ride"

·
Registered
316 Posts
Thanks for the update and the schedule . Sure hope we can go !! Chris foot is healing up but still in physical theraphy. So still iffy.

Thanks again

Layne12gun

·
Premium Member
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the update and the schedule . Sure hope we can go !! Chris foot is healing up but still in physical theraphy. So still iffy.

Thanks again

Layne12gun
Thank you! We are doing the best we can to keep everyone informed! Hopefully there will be plenty of healing in the next few months for Chris! Sure would be great to see you both there! 💙

·
Premium Member
2006 Yellow
240 Posts
HUAW, Thank you for this info,It really helps to plan our time there....

Now if could get someone to do the same for the Deadwood adventure,.......That would be just Awesome...

..Again thank you very much.....SuperChargeYellow "One Sweet Ride"
If you have been following the No Frills Deadwood event on this site and the SSRFanatics.com, you would know all the activities that have been planned. I have to thank Robert for everything he has done. It comes back to us as the participants to make sure we have followed through with what he has asked. I have talked to many who are going, and they know when and what things are happening by just following the Forum. This is not the International Rally where there are committees to help. This is a one Fanatic member who has planned and put everything together by himself. He has depended on us to make the hotel reservations and make our choices on what we are electing to do and to make sure that we pay him for the things that he has to prepay so he is not out his own money. I am looking forward to the event very much. Having not ever been there, I know that the things that are very popular are the places and things to do that Robert has planned. Hope you find all the things that you are looking for on the Forum.

·
Have SSR...will travel!!
1,363 Posts
Larry, I will not be attending the banquet. I have to be back at work on Tuesday. Sorry! But at least you don’t have to worry about dealing with my food restrictions. 😉😁

·
Premium Member
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry to hear that Judi! We weren't happy about having the banquet on Sunday because of those that are still working. The food restriction is NO issue... They told me today that those are easy peasy and not to worry!
I'll be touching base soon with you! 😉

Reactions: Littlewing

·
Daily Driver
9,221 Posts
Larry, I will not be attending the banquet. I have to be back at work on Tuesday. Sorry! But at least you don’t have to worry about dealing with my food restrictions. 😉😁
Tuesday? That gives you a whole day and Google says it only takes 12 hours and 6 minutes.
Just kidding ya, sorry to see leaving early. :cry:

·
Premium Member
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Trying to keep this in the popular segment as we are now less than 90 days away! 😉

·
Premium Member
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can you get these two pinned temporarily?
Actually I have edited the first post of the 2021 International Rally thread to include this schedule. I have no idea about pinning stuff.
Thanks for the idea though. 🤔

Reactions: Railroad Guy

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
Larry, are there any locals that can direct us to hole in the wall restaurants and maybe an evening ice cream run?

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
Whoa...looks like a SONIC a is close by for shakes and floats. Gourmet Hot dogs at Senate on Vine street....30 mile cruise

·
Premium Member
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Absolutely Dane! In every Goodie Bag there will be a booklet with a list of addresses for all the best dining in the "Nati" as the locals call Cincinnati! Everyone needs to try the famous Cincinnati's Skyline Chili for sure and Graeter's ice cream is a local favorite as well! 😋

·
Daily Driver
9,221 Posts
If you look at the National section the first 3, Bob A's, Calendar events, and Events calendar have a little red push pin before the name. Those are pinned and will appear first on the list no mater if they are accessed or not.
Pinning is above your (and my) pay grade, and must be performed by the site, possibly at the request of a mod.

Reactions: HUAW

·
Registered
2003 SSR
6 Posts
Whoa...looks like a SONIC a is close by for shakes and floats. Gourmet Hot dogs at Senate on Vine street....30 mile cruise
As a "Local" I would recommend that if you want Hot dogs from the Senate do not go to the Vine street location as parking is a real problem. The Senate "Blue Ash" location is close to the Hotel and has ample parking. Here is the link:
SENATE Blue Ash · 1100 Summit Pl A, Blue Ash, OH 45242

·
Premium Member
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As a "Local" I would recommend that if you want Hot dogs from the Senate do not go to the Vine street location as parking is a real problem. The Senate "Blue Ash" location is close to the Hotel and has ample parking. Here is the link:
SENATE Blue Ash · 1100 Summit Pl A, Blue Ash, OH 45242
Thanks for the heads up! Those little details are important as the team puts together our Rally booklet with local dining options! ;)

Now, as a "Local", I'm wondering why we are not familiar with you? At least I am not! See that you have been a member since 2007! Also, I would hope you are considering joining us for the Rally! I have not received your registration form yet! We sure would love to have a large group of us from Ohio, especially from Cincinnati! Texas is rolling in the whole State it looks like! So we need to represent the Buckeye State!!!!

Hope to here from you again! "Lets Have Fun In 21'! " :D

Larry

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
Kcirnamffoh….Thank you for the heads up and I certainly appreciate any info on where the local cruise locations are as well. Hope to meet you at this Rally!

Dane

·
Daily Driver
9,221 Posts
Yeah Kcirnamffoh, do come out and play, I'm pretty sure you'll have a good time.
If you live real close and don't want to pay for the hotel you can still sign up for the rally and participate in the functions as you wish. Don't let the possibility of meeting me discourage you.;)

·
Premium Member
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm glad to say that @kcirnamffoh has just registered and will be joining us at some of the events!
Although not staying at the hotel, know that you are very welcome to hang out with us in the evenings or any time of the day at the Holiday Inn and Suites! A great way to meet the family! Make sure you stop by Wednesday for our Meet and Greet and pick up your Goodie Bag and our booklet with the weeks schedule! 🥰

1 - 20 of 50 Posts