Chevy SSR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

Registered
'05 Aqua Blur 6-spd
The First 100 Registered Fanatics will be automatically entered into a special drawing the night of our Banquet to win this ONE of a Kind SSR sign!

Special Thanks to Jarod aka Firetruck!

32" x 16" plastic composite board wrapped in a cedar frame. Custom cut SSR logo with Chevy bowties. Backlit with LED lights with multiple colors and functions. Includes wireless remote control and AC adapter.
This is just one sign with multiple colors. I'll try to figure out how to post the video. 馃槈 Does it work?

View attachment 586526

View attachment 586527
Will these be available for those who won't be as fortunate as I to win it to purchase one? o_O

Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)

Premium Member
THE DAY HAS FINALLY COME! Despite all the set backs and delays due to this Covid-19, the Ohio Chapter is proud to announce that the 2021 International SSR Rally is now officially open for Registration! Hotel reservations can also be made at this time. All information can be found on the attached link below! Posted the planned activites flier link here as well! :D
Thanks to some suggestions and a couple of Fanatics making my registration form fillable, you can fill out the form on your computer, notepad or cell phone and email the form to me if you so choose. This would probably work best if you are paying by PayPal. If you are writing a check, you can just send the form with the check or money order. I appreciate all the input!
List of those Registered (R) and with Hotel reservations (H):
1) John Stine and Judy (R) (H) "Mr. Met"
2) Fred Botts (R) (H) "Old Fred"
3) Kenn Garrison and Janet (R) (H) "Garris1"
4) Alex Novakoski and Cheryl (R) (H) "LargoSSR05"
5) Scott Harris and Diane (R) (H) "trygodfirst"
6) Scott Stanley and Karen (H) "Scott-0168"
7) Dave Rasmussen and Julie (R ) (H) "dave rasmussen"
8) John Tovey and Kathy (R) (H) "Longshot 1952"
9) Mic Wendt and Donna (R) (H) "MicDonna"
10) Randal Bolton and Lori (R) (H) "Scruby"
11) Dave Mammen and Marcy (R) (H) "Madtym"
12) John Edingfield and Melissa (R) (H) "Edingjohn7"
13) Robert Deutschman and Kim (R) ( ) "TXNSSR"
14) Dwight Morgan (R) (H) "BlueStreak"
15) AJ Moore and Ann (R) (H) "AgedOne65"
16) Bob Rowan and Jackie (R) (H) "Bob Rowan"
17) David Fox and Jane (R) ( ) "Zoro1947"
18) Denny Haffer and Jackie (R) (H) "CAZSSR"
19) Eddie Schott and Debbie (R) (H) "Sillypuddy"
20) Lloyd Simmons and Gerry (R) ( ) "lloger" and "Bondo Princes"
21) Glen Griffith and Elizabeth (R) (H) "HarleyGuy"
22) Terry Goodman and Lori (R) (H) "TGoodman"
23) Michael Karlon and Rhonda (R) (H) "Purplepassion"
24) Jody Cady (R) (H) "Sailing"
25) Gene Steffen and Annette (R) ( ) "Nose Picker"

Have SSR...will travel!!
I was just reminded that I have not signed up yet. So, yes, y'all are going to have to put up with me at this International Rally!!!

I will try to get the paperwork in soon.

To everyone working hard on this event, thank you so much!!!!

Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
Discussion Starter #54
Larry, put me down. Will be nice to see everyone again.
Sure will! Look forward to getting your registration form to get you entered in on that SSR LED sign! 馃槈

Reactions: Firetruck

Premium Member
:(
Do not want to get into a pissing contest here. But my brief experience via a job interview in Ohio back in the 70's and some associated experience from a fraternity brother that moved there for a new job........It was NOT a (plus) experience.

I'm willing to share my experience via a personal note, but not gonna get into it here via the whole crowd.

So.............Here is my latest thoughts.........My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the last International event. It was held at a known tourist hot spot and at a top class hotel.

Now, I'm seeing where reservations are being at a Holiday Inn, which is a major drop in accommodations. Then on another recent posting, I see a response from an Ohio forum member who claims to have multiple incidents of someone trying to break into and/or steal his SSR. Think it was (Lady in Red).......not sure as I cannot find that post right now.

None of all of this makes me really anxious to sign up.............................

Registered
:(
Do not want to get into a pissing contest here. But my brief experience via a job interview in Ohio back in the 70's and some associated experience from a fraternity brother that moved there for a new job........It was NOT a (plus) experience.

I'm willing to share my experience via a personal note, but not gonna get into it here via the whole crowd.

So.............Here is my latest thoughts.........My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the last International event. It was held at a known tourist hot spot and at a top class hotel.

Now, I'm seeing where reservations are being at a Holiday Inn, which is a major drop in accommodations. Then on another recent posting, I see a response from an Ohio forum member who claims to have multiple incidents of someone trying to break into and/or steal his SSR. Think it was (Lady in Red).......not sure as I cannot find that post right now.

None of all of this makes me really anxious to sign up.............................
Hey moscoter,

I'm on the committee to host you. I hope you will allow me to address your concerns.

But first.....I'm really sorry you've had those experiences here in Ohio. I'm a born n bred Buckeye from Ohio. I've live here my whole life except for a 5 yr stint in Minnesota n a 12 yr stint in Georgia then returned here to live out the rest of my life. I wouldn't want to live any where else. I'm sure you must feel the same about where you live maybe?

I had run ins in both those states. With GA being the worst. In that experience, back in the 90's, I allowed an elderly black couple ahead of me at the grocery store. What I didn't know at the time was the local kkk leader was behind me. He laid in to me about "those people know their place n so on" I'm very outspoken by nature. So I replied back hotly explaining that if you peal their skin back we are all alike. Conversation went on only accelerating. I ended with God created us in His image n we were all created equal, color doesn't matter. He replied you'll get yours. Now at the time I drove a very flashy Olds 442. Let's just say that I had several odd happening after that. (Just for knowledge the cashier told me after he left in a huff leaving his cart of groceries, who he was n I shouldn't have done that. N she shouldn't have told me, but please be careful, things are different down here.)

Now I could have let that sour me on that state n other thing from my other experiences in other states. Much like you feel about us here in Ohio. Point is I didn't let that happen. I've been back in both those states.

The hotel is not as opulent as our accommodations in Branson.
The hotel is clean, nice appearance and most importantly has lots of outside cameras to monitor the parking lots. It is monitored n will have runs through by local police departments. Security was a concern when picking this place. Point of interest we are not in a depressed area of the city. This hotel allows us to rent the entire building for just our group. Providing we get all our fanatics to come. Otherwise it will open up to other guests. I believe we can fill it. Wouldn't that be nice to know whoever you meet in hallway was a fellow fanatic!

The city is old. A trip back to our past, our history of how the rest of the western states opened up. We have blended our countries history with fun things to do. Also allowing time just to kick back n relax with fellow fanatics. We are even tring to plan an event so all the ladies can get to know each other n build friendships. Not just following hubby on his interests. Sorry if I offend the ladies it's not my intent n I do want to encourage them to do things with their husbands. We have all the usual events, included events of historical significance n that are Fun.

I've rambled on but hope you'll think it over n give us a chance to show you Ohio's southern charm in the Queen City. I'm not even from Cincinnati, I live in another area of the state. I am looking forward to being a host n showing you one area of our beautiful state.

Please reconsider n come join us for the 2021 International Rally.

Premium Member
(y)
Thank you much for your extended reply. I would not be real happy with someone dissing my own home state either. I was just relating my own personal experience which was not good. I've stayed in many Holiday Inns around and across the country. They are fine as they are........but a far cry from the setup in Brandson, Mo. was.

Not a big deal, but then I viewed a posting yesterday or earlier today where as a forum member related multiple attempts to steal or get into his SSR. I put my cursor on his name and it showed up as in Ohio.

That did NOT go down well as to my upcoming decision to attend. Not saying I won't be there, just relating some thoughts on the matter.

I wish for great success for that upcoming rallly no matter what...............:)

Ms Donna's Driver
04鈥 Silver and 05鈥 Sinister
Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say.

41 - 60 of 97 Posts