Chevy SSR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,488 Posts
Hey moscoter,

I'm on the committee to host you. I hope you will allow me to address your concerns.

But first.....I'm really sorry you've had those experiences here in Ohio. I'm a born n bred Buckeye from Ohio. I've live here my whole life except for a 5 yr stint in Minnesota n a 12 yr stint in Georgia then returned here to live out the rest of my life. I wouldn't want to live any where else. I'm sure you must feel the same about where you live maybe?

I had run ins in both those states. With GA being the worst. In that experience, back in the 90's, I allowed an elderly black couple ahead of me at the grocery store. What I didn't know at the time was the local kkk leader was behind me. He laid in to me about "those people know their place n so on" I'm very outspoken by nature. So I replied back hotly explaining that if you peal their skin back we are all alike. Conversation went on only accelerating. I ended with God created us in His image n we were all created equal, color doesn't matter. He replied you'll get yours. Now at the time I drove a very flashy Olds 442. Let's just say that I had several odd happening after that. (Just for knowledge the cashier told me after he left in a huff leaving his cart of groceries, who he was n I shouldn't have done that. N she shouldn't have told me, but please be careful, things are different down here.)

Now I could have let that sour me on that state n other thing from my other experiences in other states. Much like you feel about us here in Ohio. Point is I didn't let that happen. I've been back in both those states.

The hotel is not as opulent as our accommodations in Branson.
The hotel is clean, nice appearance and most importantly has lots of outside cameras to monitor the parking lots. It is monitored n will have runs through by local police departments. Security was a concern when picking this place. Point of interest we are not in a depressed area of the city. This hotel allows us to rent the entire building for just our group. Providing we get all our fanatics to come. Otherwise it will open up to other guests. I believe we can fill it. Wouldn't that be nice to know whoever you meet in hallway was a fellow fanatic!

The city is old. A trip back to our past, our history of how the rest of the western states opened up. We have blended our countries history with fun things to do. Also allowing time just to kick back n relax with fellow fanatics. We are even tring to plan an event so all the ladies can get to know each other n build friendships. Not just following hubby on his interests. Sorry if I offend the ladies it's not my intent n I do want to encourage them to do things with their husbands. We have all the usual events, included events of historical significance n that are Fun.

I've rambled on but hope you'll think it over n give us a chance to show you Ohio's southern charm in the Queen City. I'm not even from Cincinnati, I live in another area of the state. I am looking forward to being a host n showing you one area of our beautiful state.

Please reconsider n come join us for the 2021 International Rally.
Keep up the good work in preparing for the rally in Cincinnati. I didn't hear anyone from Myrtle Beach volunteer to have it there.

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Thank you @AuntDi I can't thank you enough for responding before I saw this recent post... Drill Sergeant Cameron and the "knife hand" could not have responded quite so eloquently at my first viewing of the post. I am so blessed to have such a great team helping and guiding me to what I believe will be an amazing International Rally!

@moscooter , I realized that following the Branson International Rally would be a real challenge. But previously no International Rallies were ever held in a Resort area and Fanatics from around the country still came and enjoyed spending time with each other. So, I was confident in forming a team to do what no one else offered to do for the 2021 Rally. I am sorry that you are disappointed that we are staying at a Holiday Inn and Suites and not a Chalet on the Lake. There is no giant tree in the lobby or a pretty little stream but EVERY single room does have a refrigerator, a microwave, a Keurig coffee maker and with new beds and furnishings. Things that actually bring comfort to our Fanatic Family members during their stay.

There was an SSR that was actually stolen at a Rally a few years ago but that never kept our Fanatic family from continuing to gather. It brought more attention to the importance of security as Aunt Di had mentioned. Parking lot security was very important to us. It is also something that I always consider whenever I'm traveling the country to the next Rally. I assure you that as @PokerGuy mentioned, you should have more concern at the hotels you stay at on your travel then at our host hotel.

I wish you had just sent me a message to share your concerns about what happened to you nearly 50 years ago or that somewhere in Ohio a SSR was targeted but I hope your concerns were somewhat addressed. We are a proud bunch of Buckeyes here in Ohio and you can TRUST that EVERYTHING humanly possibly WILL BE DONE to make this a International Rally worthy of everyone's attendance!

I look forward to seeing you and everyone there!
Larry

·
Premium Member
2,463 Posts
Thank you @AuntDi I can't thank you enough for responding before I saw this recent post... Drill Sergeant Cameron and the "knife hand" could not have responded quite so eloquently at my first viewing of the post. I am so blessed to have such a great team helping and guiding me to what I believe will be an amazing International Rally!

@moscooter , I realized that following the Branson International Rally would be a real challenge. But previously no International Rallies were ever held in a Resort area and Fanatics from around the country still came and enjoyed spending time with each other. So, I was confident in forming a team to do what no one else offered to do for the 2021 Rally. I am sorry that you are disappointed that we are staying at a Holiday Inn and Suites and not a Chalet on the Lake. There is no giant tree in the lobby or a pretty little stream but EVERY single room does have a refrigerator, a microwave, a Keurig coffee maker and with new beds and furnishings. Things that actually bring comfort to our Fanatic Family members during their stay.

There was an SSR that was actually stolen at a Rally a few years ago but that never kept our Fanatic family from continuing to gather. It brought more attention to the importance of security as Aunt Di had mentioned. Parking lot security was very important to us. It is also something that I always consider whenever I'm traveling the country to the next Rally. I assure you that as @PokerGuy mentioned, you should have more concern at the hotels you stay at on your travel then at our host hotel.

I wish you had just sent me a message to share your concerns about what happened to you nearly 50 years ago or that somewhere in Ohio a SSR was targeted but I hope your concerns were somewhat addressed. We are a proud bunch of Buckeyes here in Ohio and you can TRUST that EVERYTHING humanly possibly WILL BE DONE to make this a International Rally worthy of everyone's attendance!

I look forward to seeing you and everyone there!
Larry
(y)
Yes, I would have to say the quick response did address all my concerns. As I first said, was not looking to start a pissing contest of any kind.

Very pleased to hear that security will be high on the agenda as none of us would want to be the victim of a theft or damage to our trucks while there.

I recognize the hotel accommodations we experienced in Branson makes for a tough act to follow.

We will be making plans to attend.:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Moscoter,
I'm glad you will make plans to attend.
Please forgive me if you took offence to my reaction. I was not trying to make a contest out of this. I just wanted you to know we were working to diligently think of everything we could to accommodate all the fanatics. There are far more serious things right with this virus. More of a concern to me is you stay healthy. All Fanatics can stay healthy. We've all lost someone we know, even some of our fanatics. That's far more important. So stay healthy, please.

Now here this, please, subject on this is closed. No hurt feelings only thankfulness you voiced your concerns so we could address them. I will look forward to meeting you n welcoming you to our state.

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
I want to recognize the Missouri Chapter that hosted the 2019 International SSR Rally for turning over their remaining funds after all their bills were paid. This allowed us to pay the deposit needed to block 190 rooms for 5 nights at our host hotel.This is an ongoing tradition that the Ohio Chapter will continue if there are any extra funds at the end of our event. Again, Thank you Missouri Chapter!
Love our Fanatic Family! 🥰

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Registration and Hotel Reservations are up to date on post #2. If there is any discrepancies please let me know in a conversation and I'll check into it!
46 Fanatic hotel reservations currently. Registration count is at 31 and remember the first 100 gets a chance to win the custom LED SSR sign! Check out the video. Of course you can have it set to your favorite color also! ;)
New video by Larry Cameron

Reactions: Firetruck

·
Daily Driver
8,958 Posts
Since you're planning on booking the entire hotel, and having high security, does that preclude any ... um, professional ladies being on the premises.

·
Spirited driver!
1,671 Posts
Since you're planning on booking the entire hotel, and having high security, does that preclude any ... um, professional ladies being on the premises.
Hey, who you chose for your +1 or +2 is up to you! Security is more about our rides than protecting you from yourself.

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
@xoxoxoBruce What happens in Cincy stays in Cincy! 😉 😂

Reactions: Railroad Guy

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
[Please add Jack Pruitt, Jackatg450 to the list.
Hotel reservations made.
Jack
I got your reservations from the monthly Hotel list but just came across your registration form email today. For some reason it was in my Junk file! Good thing I usually take a quick look before I delete them! I am assuming that you are mailing a check or sending payment through PayPal. Once I receive it, your name will show up in Black on the list. Thanks for your support!

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
I got your reservations from the monthly Hotel list but just came across your registration form email today. For some reason it was in my Junk file! Good thing I usually take a quick look before I delete them! I am assuming that you are mailing a check or sending payment through PayPal. Once I receive it, your name will show up in Black on the list. Thanks for your support!
PayPal coming today.
Jack

·
Chevrolet Nut
1,422 Posts
Finally some thing good to look forward to. I plan on attending, sounds great, need to get the R out and stretch it legs for a long trip. I just printed the form will send it off right away.

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
@04 PurpleHaze and @autodan Looking forward to adding you to the list! 😁
Thanks for your support! 🥰

61 - 80 of 97 Posts