Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

121 - 140 of 158 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Pete, it's pretty much the same as other International Rallys.The $80 help covers the price of the banquet meal, the Goodie Bag and items in them, the hotel conference room rentals for 5 days for the Tech Session, Silent Auction and Raffle prizes room and Banquet room etc. A million dollar insurance policy for events and also a $5 million policy for the Kentucky Speedway. The Registration fee does not cover all the expenses. That's why the last few International Rallys have had a SSR Truck Raffle to help cover the remaining expenses. I was shocked when I saw the Branson expenses! 😱

Remember the International is our "Super Bowl" of SSR Rallys and we try to make it extra special! 😁

Thanks for asking, I'm sure there are newbies who wonder the same. 😉
Larry

·
Daily Driver
8,980 Posts
I think you're right Dave, I put my truck in for state inspection every Oct, and while they have it check the alignment and road force balance of the wheels. They also change the oil & filter, and know 7 quarts of mobil. Last fall they brought it back and I threw the paper work on the desk so didn't look at it until later when I discovered they hadn't changed the oil.
I questioned it and they said the dash read out I had 80% left on oil life. I had to explain once a year regardless of mileage.

HUAW, there is probably a majority of people on here that have no clue how difficult and expensive it is to put one of these circuses together. Just a reasonably accurate head count would make it only half as hard, and that's still ulcer territory. We're fortunate to have some masochists like yourself who are willing to throw themselves into the volcano. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #124 (Edited)
There has been some request of an idea of what activities are scheduled for each day of the International Rally. So here it goes. We believe this is the final version but things can always change. We will be posting a form for sign up and ticket prices in the next week or so.

Wednesday Sept. 15

Registration Begins at 3:00
Meet and Greet at 5-8:00
Thursday Sept. 16
Cincinnati Museum @The Union Terminal
Drive Inn Movie
Friday Sept.17
National Air Force Museum
B&B Riverboat Dinner Cruise
Saturday September 18
Kentucky Speedway
Swap Meet
Sunday September 19
Tech Session
Ladies Shopping Event
“Show and Shine”
Banquet Dinner/Guest Speaker/Raffle Truck Drawing/Awards

Attachments

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
We are officially signing up. Sent fee via Paypal. Emailed form. Reservations will be made soon. Just had to wait to have our off days approved. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Mike and Melinda
BLUMnM

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
We are officially signing up. Sent fee via Paypal. Emailed form. Reservations will be made soon. Just had to wait to have our off days approved. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Mike and Melinda
BLUMnM
Email and PayPal has arrived! It will be so great to see the two of you again! Really appreciate the support!
Love our Fanatic Family!
Larry

Reactions: BLUMnM

·
Trygodfirst
2006 FPR SSR PAC BLUE AUTOMATIC -aka- Ole Blue
1,521 Posts
I think you're right Dave, I put my truck in for state inspection every Oct, and while they have it check the alignment and road force balance of the wheels. They also change the oil & filter, and know 7 quarts of mobil. Last fall they brought it back and I threw the paper work on the desk so didn't look at it until later when I discovered they hadn't changed the oil.
I questioned it and they said the dash read out I had 80% left on oil life. I had to explain once a year regardless of mileage.

HUAW, there is probably a majority of people on here that have no clue how difficult and expensive it is to put one of these circuses together. Just a reasonably accurate head count would make it only half as hard, and that's still ulcer territory. We're fortunate to have some masochists like yourself who are willing to throw themselves into the volcano. Thank you.
I’m starting to think that in this kind of post Covid year everyone is aching to get out and cruise and with all the events being offered by our ssr families it might be affecting the turnout to the international rally in September. Not sure. Just thinking. I know many/most are retired but a rally closer to home and or a feeling we must support former annual events ( possibly to say we’ve e been 10 yrs in a row) might be the reason for not having 100 trucks signed up yet. I respect everyones reasons. For me personally long trips are very tough on me so despite our strong desire to attend Rally in valley(never been) covered bridge (never been but now cancelled due to Covid)
Dakota event ( never been) events in Texas(never been) and REALLY want to hookup with those great guys and gals. We are forced to pick one and felt we needed to support the international rally (if my health holds up) since it only happens every two years. We would then do local 1-4 hour runs here in Florida. Again I respect everyone’s decision for what events they can make.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,818 Posts
There has been some request of an idea of what activities are scheduled for each day of the International Rally. So here it goes. We believe this is the final version but things can always change. We will be posting a form for sign up and ticket prices in the next week or so.

Wednesday Sept. 15

Registration Begins at 3:00
Meet and Greet at 5-8:00
Thursday Sept. 16
Cincinnati Museum @The Union Terminal
Swap Meet
Drive Inn Movie
Friday Sept.17
Kentucky Speedway
B&B Riverboat Dinner Cruise
Saturday September 18
National Air Force Museum
Sunday September 19
Tech Session
Ladies Shopping Event
“Show and Shine”
Banquet Dinner/Guest Speaker/Raffle Truck Drawing/Awards
I see Sunday as a VERY busy day. In 2009 we had a tech session that started at sunrise and finished after midnight. Do not wish that on anyone again.

Reactions: Railroad Guy

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Tech Session is scheduled for 3 hours in the morning. I'd never want to see an all day and night Tech Session either! 😱 The Ladies activity is running at the same time as the Tech Session like what was done at Branson. Afternoon is the "Show and Shine" and the Banquet is in the evening to conclude the Rally. 😉

·
Premium Member
4,279 Posts
I’m starting to think that in this kind of post Covid year everyone is aching to get out and cruise and with all the events being offered by our ssr families it might be affecting the turnout to the international rally in September. Not sure. Just thinking. I know many/most are retired but a rally closer to home and or a feeling we must support former annual events ( possibly to say we’ve e been 10 yrs in a row) might be the reason for not having 100 trucks signed up yet. I respect everyones reasons. For me personally long trips are very tough on me so despite our strong desire to attend Rally in valley(never been) covered bridge (never been but now cancelled due to Covid)
Dakota event ( never been) events in Texas(never been) and REALLY want to hookup with those great guys and gals. We are forced to pick one and felt we needed to support the international rally (if my health holds up) since it only happens every two years. We would then do local 1-4 hour runs here in Florida. Again I respect everyone’s decision for what events they can make.
If you never have been to the Black Hills and Mt. Rushmore, it certainly should be on everyone's bucket list. It is very inspirational.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
You can count on two more. With having to pay Uncle Joe this year,I'll be getting things in and paid in May. I have also been waiting to see what this damn covid BS is doing. Besides everyone has to meet the new Mrs. Robertson or she should be by then.

·
Daily Driver
8,980 Posts
I’m starting to think that in this kind of post Covid year everyone is aching to get out and cruise and with all the events being offered by our ssr families it might be affecting the turnout to the international rally in September. Not sure. Just thinking. I know many/most are retired but a rally closer to home and or a feeling we must support former annual events ( possibly to say we’ve e been 10 yrs in a row) might be the reason for not having 100 trucks signed up yet. I respect everyones reasons.
This happens every two years...
Well there's plenty of time to worry about that it's months away.
There's a million things that could prevent going so we'll wait and see.
Why tie up my $80 for a year ahead of time.
And if something comes up kiss that money goodbye.
One of us might get sick and make the trip out of the question.
What if the Sun goes out.
They can put this together with out my money or reservations they always have.
Why should I care if it's more difficult to plan and organize, they volunteered for the job.
A million and one reasons to be a richard.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Why do we feel it is necessary to inject our political views in our comments.
This practice is occuring too frequently and is discouraging.

Personally, i will try to assist any SSR owner with poblems they are having with these unique vehicles. I do not discriminate based on your political views or anything else.
The way i see it we have one thing in common. This forum should focus on supporting each other on that one thing.
"The preservation and enthusiasm for the SSR and the great people that are members of this forum."

Membership and active postings seems to be declining. I wonder why!

Please save your political views for another site or area of this forum.

Why is it acceptable to condone a political party because of your personal feelings?

Why is this allowed to continue!

@Administrator please respond to the following question.

Do you feel this is acceptable behavior for an automotive forum?
Just curious... Are you responding to a specific post or is this just a rant?

·
Premium Member
4,279 Posts
Why do we feel it is necessary to inject our political views in our comments.
This practice is occuring too frequently and is discouraging.

Personally, i will try to assist any SSR owner with poblems they are having with these unique vehicles. I do not discriminate based on your political views or anything else.
The way i see it we have one thing in common. This forum should focus on supporting each other on that one thing.
"The preservation and enthusiasm for the SSR and the great people that are members of this forum."

Membership and active postings seems to be declining. I wonder why!

Please save your political views for another site or area of this forum.

Why is it acceptable to condone a political party because of your personal feelings?

Why is this allowed to continue!

@Administrator please respond to the following question.

Do you feel this is acceptable behavior for an automotive forum?
What is the political views you are talking about?

Dave

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Pete, it's pretty much the same as other International Rallys.The $80 help covers the price of the banquet meal, the Goodie Bag and items in them, the hotel conference room rentals for 5 days for the Tech Session, Silent Auction and Raffle prizes room and Banquet room etc. A million dollar insurance policy for events and also a $5 million policy for the Kentucky Speedway. The Registration fee does not cover all the expenses. That's why the last few International Rallys have had a SSR Truck Raffle to help cover the remaining expenses. I was shocked when I saw the Branson expenses! 😱

Remember the International is our "Super Bowl" of SSR Rallys and we try to make it extra special! 😁

Thanks for asking, I'm sure there are newbies who wonder the same. 😉
Larry
Hey Larry sign me and Kitty up please...

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #139 (Edited)
Also I’ll check with you about accommodations later in a conversation
thanks
All you need to do is fill out the registration form and send payment. Hotel accommodations are at bottom of form! Looking for to meeting you Brother!

Attachments

121 - 140 of 158 Posts