• carlbush - #18

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • BlueStreak - #23

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Garris1 - #29

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Stiles Sport Roadster - #31

Votes: 0 0.0%

2022 December SSR of the Month - Favorite Pic!

5K views 36 replies 18 participants last post by  Firetruck 
#1 ·
Car Vehicle Tire Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting

Congrats again to @SWT RYD, November's winner.​

Everyone says you're not supposed to pick favorites, but for this month's challenge, that's exactly what we want you to do!

Show us your favorite pic featuring your SSR!

We do have some basic rules:
  • Members MUST have at least 20 posts
  • You may submit up to 5 photos
  • Voting will take place toward the end of the month
  • Feel free to PM me with ideas for future themes
Winners will receive:
  • One year of premium membership (no ads, focused browsing mode, and more)
  • A profile badge to show off your winner status
  • A place in the SSRFanatic.com winner's gallery
  • Their winning photo featured on the homepage until the next contest starts
Good luck to all who enter!
~MR

See less See more
#5 ·
I'll give it a go....
This is the Firetruck! 04, lowered, custom flame paint, 5 lug conversion with American racing rims, body color matched running boards, underglow lighting, flamed engine cover and K and N filter set up. New to me in 2017 with 14,000 miles and just crossed 95,000 miles. I love my truck and the life long friends I've made because of it. Didn't know anything about it when I bought it and now I couldn't imagine not having it and thanks to the support from my fanatic family that keeps us trucking down the road!
Automotive parking light Car Wheel Tire Vehicle

(Ford's Garage, Cincinnati OH)

#6 ·
#317 SEMA, WD-1 pilot GM test vehicle, built by MBRP exhaust in 04 for SEMA, Hahn Racecraft turbocharged, Air ride , flamed by Ron Gibbs , Truckn magazine in 07 ,probably the first to be turbocharged, first to have air ride, first to be flamed , first to have real sidepipes, build date of may 23rd of 03 ,so probably the first SSR to be modified, it’s been updated in 2017 , but is basically the same as built almost 20 yrs ago , and yes we drive it too!

Attachments

#8 ·
I have been blessed to be Thunders caretaker these last 3 1/2 years and have made a few changes listed and these are my favorite 5 pictures but I have so many more! :LOL:

Thunder has his own covered bridge as he shows off his new L88 hood! Thanks @Marc NY
Vehicle Tire Land vehicle Car Wheel

This picture shows the Budnik wheels, L88 hood, MPD chin & rear spoiler and running boards.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Thanks to @CraneTrainer for telling me about Thunder Struck Ridge near Maggie Valley, NC on this cloudy day.
Wheel Tire Cloud Vehicle Car

Just one of my favorite pictures before the L88 hood change.
Tire Wheel Sky Car Vehicle

The "Old School" tailgate view before the MPD rear spoiler was added.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Plant

Now lets get more pictures of our beautiful trucks entered in this contest! ;)

#14 ·
I have been blessed to be Thunders caretaker these last 3 1/2 years and have made a few changes listed and these are my favorite 5 pictures but I have so many more! :LOL:

Thunder has his own covered bridge as he shows off his new L88 hood! Thanks @Marc NY
View attachment 624604

This picture shows the Budnik wheels, L88 hood, MPD chin & rear spoiler and running boards.
View attachment 624605

Thanks to @CraneTrainer for telling me about Thunder Struck Ridge near Maggie Valley, NC on this cloudy day.
View attachment 624606

Just one of my favorite pictures before the L88 hood change.
View attachment 624607

The "Old School" tailgate view before the MPD rear spoiler was added.
View attachment 624608

Now lets get more pictures of our beautiful trucks entered in this contest! ;)
Just WOW!!! That is Beautiful Sir. I just bought a SSR yesterday and look forward to getting out there meeting and seeing everybody's rigs.

#12 · (Edited)
She's been the subject of many incredible photos while on vacation, but sometimes, just sometimes, you only need to look no further than a mile away from home for the perfect shot....

Glad I took this picture, as the signage on the building was sold to a collector recently..what a shame.

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle

And this one below, well, it's one of my favorites in a warped way.....:oops:
this is from our trip to the Badlands in South Dakota a few years ago...once we got to Wall, I had to find a carwash PRONTO !!:).
(I think the old girl like it though, as she looks a bit like she's smiling through all of the bug guts) 😂
Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Tire Grille Wheel

#13 ·
Here are some of my favorites of my Aqua Blur picking it up from the dealer Watson Chevrolet in Tuscon AZ. These were along the adventure home with the truck.
First picking it up at Watson Chevrolet.
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Tire

If you look close the hood emblem is missing and the middle grill bar is torn on the drivers side. To protect this stuff I brought along a front end bra and put them on at the dealer before I ventured out on my journey.
First thing that happened when leaving, was it over heated because the fan never came on. So what to do in a situation like this when in Arizona? Call the expert on SSRs Mike in Arizona. A quick trip to his house in Phoenix and he had a new plug on the fan and a loaner stock fan to get me back home. I can't thank Mike enough for his hospitality and helping me out. Had it not been for him I would have ended up cobbling some crappy auto parts fan on the truck to get it back home. He had a new connector put on and loaned me a stock fan and I never had another cooling issue all the way home.

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate

Next up was a little detour to grab a photo I missed when I had made a similar trip with my black 05. This one needs no introduction. And that little detour was actually about an extra 3 hours. But this picture was worth it
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Plant

I next stopped in New Mexico to meet up with Fanatic @wizzr. We had a nice dinner at a local restaurant. then on the road again. This next place was the half way point on route 66 between CA and Chicago. Funny thing is I have been on much of Route 66 but have not been to either end yet. I made the middle anyway
Tire Sky Cloud Wheel Vehicle

And a little further on the trip in Texas The Cadillac Ranch
Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Hood

This truck has taken me on some fun adventures and met up with a lot of different fanatics along the way. I am looking forward to more adventures and meeting more along the way. Until we meet enjoy your adventures as much as I have mine so far.

#23 · (Edited)
Help Me Decide

Decision made

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Santa Paula CA "Best Special Interest"
Daily Driver

#30 ·
Help Me Decide
View attachment 625400
Penticton

View attachment 625401
Santa Paula CA "Best Special Interest"

View attachment 625402
Daily Driver

View attachment 625403
Del and Dot at Devils Tower
My vote is Special Interest in Santa Paula, because it's different. All are nice pics of Pac Blues with interesting landmarks in the background, the Santa Paula shot has the landmark in the foreground, you, a Blues Brother celebrity! Sorry, but a pop-up camper and a couple of vans do not qualify as interesting background.

#25 ·
Show us your favorite pic featuring your SSR!

We do have some basic rules:
  • You may submit up to 5 photos
~MR
A moment for a clarifying question. Or two. Or three. :rolleyes:
Is that five total pictures or five pictures per post/entry. If there are multiple pictures in a post, are we to vote on all five as one "favorite picture"? If there are separate postings, are they to be voted on as separate entries? o_O

#26 ·
I think the only person that can answer that question is the @Administrator so this should serve to request an answer/

#31 · (Edited)
Banshee's Picture in front of the Home of the Mermaids in Weeki Wachee Florida.

One of the last SSR's made in the regular production.

It has almost every modification that Mike sells, and one of the last sets of Floyds nerf bars. and some mods suggested by members here.

One of the recent mods is a glass wind screen in place of the OEM one.

Car Wheel Sky Vehicle Tire

#37 ·
Thanks very much! Thanks to all that voted ( for me... Not the other guys!). We really enjoy this forum and the knowledge it gives us to keep these trucks on the road. We embrace the friendships we have made and will continue to make in the future. Thanks for all the input from around this great country and around the world! Go Bengals!
Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.