Votes: 13 35.1%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Sky

Congrats again to @HUAW, October's winner.​

High tech or low tech, since 1925, it's been standard on most vehicles.

For this month's challenge, show us your odometer and maybe tell us how you got some of those miles!

We do have some basic rules:
  • Members MUST have at least 20 posts
  • Unless otherwise stated you may submit up to 5 photos
  • Voting will take place the last week of the month
  • Feel free to PM me with ideas for future themes
Winners will receive:
  • One year of premium membership (no ads, focused browsing mode, and more)
  • A profile badge to show off your winner status
  • A place in the SSRFanatic.com winner's gallery
  • Their winning photo featured on the homepage until the next contest starts
Good luck to all who enter!
~MR

·
AKA pard
05 6 speed 150hp nitrous express and 03 Redline
147 Posts
View attachment 623084
Congrats again to @HUAW, October's winner.​

High tech or low tech, since 1925, it's been standard on most vehicles.

For this month's challenge, show us your odometer and maybe tell us how you got some of those miles!

We do have some basic rules:
  • Members MUST have at least 20 posts
  • Unless otherwise stated you may submit up to 5 photos
  • Voting will take place the last week of the month
  • Feel free to PM me with ideas for future themes
Winners will receive:
  • One year of premium membership (no ads, focused browsing mode, and more)
  • A profile badge to show off your winner status
  • A place in the SSRFanatic.com winner's gallery
  • Their winning photo featured on the homepage until the next contest starts
Good luck to all who enter!
~MR
Congratulations beautiful truck Drive it like you just stole it!

·
Tech Support/Research
2,005 Posts
Speedometer Motor vehicle Gauge Odometer Vehicle

The story behind the photo:

In 2013 I purchased a black 2004 SSR with 174,000 miles on the odometer. It was one of two black SSRs owned by a flooring contractor in New Hampshire. I was told that both SSRs were used as calling cards when their salespeople traveled to show samples and provide estimates for jobs, so it was not surprising that there were so many miles on them from year-round use.

The truck I bought needed some work and cleanup but it was obvious that it had been pretty well-maintained. It ran very well and needed no major mechanical work. Gas mileage was good at 23 mpg highway. The lower front ball joints had been replaced (they had grease fittings, too), the tires and brakes were good and the windshield was new. The roof had a minor glitch in operation that took a long time to diagnose but required no parts to repair- a Tech 2 scanner was indispensable during that effort. The paint was good at ten feet, with road rash on the nose and rear fenders and there were some acid rain spots on the bed cover. All the interior upholstery and trim was good with no broken plastic parts. All instruments, lights, motors and switches except the driver side seat heater worked. There was no significant rust on the underside. The only parts that were essentially consumed by rust were the sheet metal backing plates for the rear brake rotors.

I drove the SSR for several months and took the odometer photo at 175,000 miles one afternoon on my way home from work. I later sold it (at 177,000 miles) to make way for another project. But my main takeaway was that for a truck that saw commercial, year-round use in the Northeast, it held up remarkably well, a tribute to the build quality. After owning it I learned that while there certainly are many things to consider and inspect when buying a high-mileage SSR, I would consider buying another with high miles if it also had been treated as well as this one had been.

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

·
Premium Member
9,895 Posts
Bought the TOY Sept 27th 2015 (my birthday) with 20,000 miles on it from a dealership in Dothan, Alabama. It was the owners wife's truck. Was really neglected as far as appearance. I am the 3rd owner. Now with 92,000 miles means we have enjoyed 72,000 miles. 5 pictures cannot show the PERMAGRIN miles. Been to 22 states some numerous times. 1st picture on part of the original brick Rt 66 near Springfield, Ill. 2nd picture in front of "The Sac of Suds" from the movie "My Cousin Vinny" filmed in Monticello, Ga.. #3 Gulf Shores, Alabama . #4 Devil's Tower,, #5 The Needles, South Dakota. #6 The eternal light in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. #7 Driving through a cattle drive in Wyoming #8 Moab in Utah.#9 The most embarrassing, being rescued by a pack blue halfway up/down Pike's Peak. Hope these didn't bore you. I could post 1000's of PERMAGRINS.
Speedometer Motor vehicle Gauge Automotive design Odometer
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Cloud Sky
Car Vehicle Tire Vehicle registration plate Wheel
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Car
Car Sky Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Sky Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Cloud

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
30,612 Posts
I resemble that Pac Blue very closely.
Very happy I was in the right place to help.

·
Two Tone Owner
2004 Red & White ROTM-Scranton,Pa.
3,104 Posts
This is my 2nd R. The 1st one (yellow) was wrecked (totaled) in Virginia while on my way to Florida. It had 132,000 miles on it,
I bought this SSR in St. Augustine, Fl. In 2019 with the insurance check from the yellow one.
The unique 2 tone paint job caught my eye, plus it ran great. It had 69,000 miles on it when I bought it. It now has 111,111 miles on it. I put about 10,000 miles a year on it. I take it to Florida from Pennsylvania every winter. Plus do a lot of top down driving there.
Speedometer Motor vehicle Steering part Vehicle Odometer
Speedometer Odometer Motor vehicle Car Gauge
Car Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Cloud Car Sky

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
9,561 Posts
Must admit that we have never been to Texas yet. Hopefully soon.
==========================
Hmmm.....

★☆★ ~ That's okay, Robert. Its called "saving the BEST for last". We'll be waiting to greet you & TOY!!!! - :cool:

And CONGRATS, buddy!! - (y)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
5,978 Posts
Congratulations to The Toy and you & Doris! You two are certainly the traveling couple! ❤

1 - 19 of 19 Posts