Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Garris1 - #15

Votes: 5 19.2%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Hood

Congrats again to @Stano, September's winner.​

Everyone has wheels and tires and now's your time to show them off and tell everyone what you love (or loathe) about them.

For this month's challenge, we'd like you to show us your wheels and tires!

We do have some basic rules:
  • Members MUST have at least 20 posts
  • Unless otherwise stated you may submit up to 5 photos
  • Voting will take place the last week of the month
  • Feel free to PM me with ideas for future themes
Winners will receive:
  • One year of premium membership (no ads, focused browsing mode, and more)
  • A profile badge to show off your winner status
  • A place in the SSRFanatic.com winner's gallery
  • Their winning photo featured on the homepage until the next contest starts
Good luck to all who enter. 馃コ

~MR

Premium Member
View attachment 621426

Everyone has wheels and tires and now's your time to show them off and tell everyone what you love (or loathe) about them.

Winners will receive:

~MR
I approve. Silver SSRs are the best. Looks like your has the chrome package as does mine. Is your SSR a 2006? VIN #22812 2006 Silver SSR 34K miles, Chrome Package, Chrome Wheels, new Goodyear tires and Bilstein Shocks that I had installed. I have owned my SSR for 3 months and have put over 1K miles on it. I sold my daily driver and use my SSR every day. It's a head turner and so is yours. I like what you have done with the decals and badges and gas cap cover. NICE.

Premium Member
I approve. Silver SSRs are the best. Looks like your has the chrome package as does mine. Is your SSR a 2006? VIN #22812 2006 Silver SSR 34K miles, Chrome Package, Chrome Wheels, new Goodyear tires and Bilstein Shocks that I had installed. I have owned my SSR for 3 months and have put over 1K miles on it. I sold my daily driver and use my SSR every day. It's a head turner and so is yours. I like what you have done with the decals and badges and gas cap cover. NICE.
Car Wheel Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle

Premium Member
2003 SSR (Super Sexy Roadster)
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive parking light Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Here's my '03 with a few up-grades from when I purchased her July. The wheels are both 20 inch and would be awesome if they weren't salt pitted from the previous owner in FL. I don't know why anyone would allow such great wheels to be so disfigured. But from a distance they look really nice and get good comments at a glance. The rear tires aren't ones I've every heard of: FALKEN - ZIEX S/TZ 05 (275/45R20 110H). The fronts are: BFGoodrich - g-force Comp-2 (245/45/ZR20). They had good tread so driving back from FL to CT wasn't an issue when it rained but I still kept my speed down since they are very wide. In the dry they hookup well but can get a bit squirrley when in the corners.

As you can see I added some hood vents to release some of the engine heat and the tail was originally meant for a Honda Civic. Not everyone's taste but I liked it and wanted the truck to stand out. I've also added the grill LED's and back lit the CHEVROLET emblem.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Amber Automotive exterior Bumper

I removed the vintage mirrors that were on it for the factory ones and added the accent blue through out the exterior/interior to balance it all out. The truck was also Harley badged front & back so I removed them and the orange pin-stripe and fixed the damaged front Bowtie and added the large rear one to cover the 4 holes that held the HD badge. The truck was originally all black but I loved the two-tone and plan on keeping it when I can afford a new paint job.

Registered
2004 Chevy SSR Redline Red
Here鈥檚 my entry. 鈥淩uby鈥 my 04鈥 SSR. We live in the Okanagan in BC 馃嚚馃嚘. Never hard to find scenery for an SSR photo Op around here!
I kept the stock Chrome wheels as I believe they look current enough but put brand new Continental鈥檚 on her. Drives like a dream!

Tire Water Wheel Car Sky

Water Cloud Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car

Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
For this month's challenge, we'd like you to show us your wheels and tires! :unsure:

As some of you know, I have a love-hate relationship with my Budnik Gassers! They are OEM size and off set and look really sweet with the truck being lowered with Simple-Engineering lowering kit. They are highly polished aluminum which looks almost like chrome but are killer to keep clean unless Thunder was a garage queen which he is NOT! 25,000 miles in the 3 years since I adopted him (Remember I live in northern Ohio).

You can barely get your hands in between the spokes to keep the inside of the wheel clean and the water spots are nearly impossible to get off. The OEM Chrome wheels on my previous truck where simply wash and dry. Easy Peasy!
One of the winter projects is to remove the wheels and try and get them back to original condition and possibly find a sealer that will keep the water spots from forming and make the maintenance of them much easier! Concern is taking away that near chrome appearance! Despite the maintenance of these wheels, I can not image Thunder EVER having a COOLER set of wheels! :cool:

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Sky
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

AKA pard
05 6 speed 150hp nitrous express and 03 Redline
These are Milanni Bel Air Rims. 20's in front and 22's in the back. I like the way the slightly larger than stock size fills in the wheel wells. These rims compliment the other soft custom touches I've done to the exterior, interior and engine bay of my SSR. View attachment 622464 View attachment 622465 View attachment 622466 View attachment 622467 View attachment 622468 my SSR.
These are Milanni Bel Air Rims. 20's in front and 22's in the back. I like the way the slightly larger than stock size fills in the wheel wells. These rims compliment the other soft custom touches I've done to the exterior, interior and engine bay of my SSR. View attachment 622464 View attachment 622465 View attachment 622466 View attachment 622467 View attachment 622468 my SSR.
Very nice I did oversized tires to fill the fender wells and like the look and stance.Nice wheels also like the Chevrolet on the air bag Good Luck drive it like you stole it

Registered
2005 Chevy SSR
2005 Slingshot. 鈥淐heddah鈥 just had it detailed and added the Chevy Tire Valve Covers. Such a little thing made me very happy.
Wheel Tire Sky Plant Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Tire Wheel Plant Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Hood

View attachment 621426

Winners will receive:

~MR

Premium Member
@ cowboy corvette...thank you...the young man is a SEMA painter...my wait was one year...then I found out I had cancer...had to postpone...for 6 months....then get back on the wait list...another year wait...now the young man has 5 year wait list...he also... removed my running boards and painted them U.V.

Registered
'05 Aqua Blur 6-spd
I like the original wheels except... Except for the chrome outer hubs... So I made a few improvements to them by blackening the center hubs. In this case I added chrome lug nuts and a bullet-like center cap.

A close-up of the altered wheel.

The overall look on the R.

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

The original look.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

The wheels with the blacked-out centers look like they were designed for the R. Don't you agree? ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts