Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
5,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Fanatic Family!
It is now the time where the rubber needs to hit the road and have a person or Chapter to request consideration for hosting the 2023 International Rally. We had some great discussion and suggestions shortly after the conclusion of the 2021 Rally in Cincinnati and we are now past the holidays! So the time is now and you'll need every extra month you can get to do your planning.

There is work that needs to be done sooner rather than later, so I urge you to begin the process of developing a team and location to submit. I certainly hope that there are several different teams and locations for the Ohio Chapter to choose from. However, that may not be the case and anyone willing to say "If not me, then who?" will likely be the organizing group.

I know that no one thought this covid issue would still be around for our 2021 International but the Ohio Chapter proved with 162 trucks from 30 different states that "if we build it, they will come!" and you did! Plus we had our northern border closed to our Canadian Family! So, please don't use that as an excuse not to say YES!

You will have an enormous amount of help from me as the organizer of the 2021 Cincinnati Rally. Also help from David Fox @zoro1947 who organized the 2019 Branson Rally and Frank Brightwell @Dinerman who organized the 2017 Texas Rally. Plus, you will be amazed by all the other Fanatics that will reach out to assists as well! Trust me, you will not be in this alone! :D

So, put your team together and start with your location and just some basic ideas to get this ball rolling and say "YES"! After all, we do this for our amazing Fanatic Family!
Please refrain from making suggestions as to "where". What we need is the "WHO"! ;)

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you might have!
You CAN do this!;)

·
SSR Overseas, Ireland,
397 Posts
Hello Fanatic Family!
It is now the time where the rubber needs to hit the road and have a person or Chapter to request consideration for hosting the 2023 International Rally. We had some great discussion and suggestions shortly after the conclusion of the 2021 Rally in Cincinnati and we are now past the holidays! So the time is now and you'll need every extra month you can get to do your planning.

There is work that needs to be done sooner rather than later, so I urge you to begin the process of developing a team and location to submit. I certainly hope that there are several different teams and locations for the Ohio Chapter to choose from. However, that may not be the case and anyone willing to say "If not me, then who?" will likely be the organizing group.

I know that no one thought this covid issue would still be around for our 2021 International but the Ohio Chapter proved with 162 trucks from 30 different states that "if we build it, they will come!" and you did! Plus we had our northern border closed to our Canadian Family! So, please don't use that as an excuse not to say YES!

You will have an enormous amount of help from me as the organizer of the 2021 Cincinnati Rally. Also help from David Fox @zoro1947 who organized the 2019 Branson Rally and Frank Brightwell @Dinerman who organized the 2017 Texas Rally. Plus, you will be amazed by all the other Fanatics that will reach out to assists as well! Trust me, you will not be in this alone! :D

So, put your team together and start with your location and just some basic ideas to get this ball rolling and say "YES"! After all, we do this for our amazing Fanatic Family!
Please refrain from making suggestions as to "where". What we need is the "WHO"! ;)

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you might have!
You CAN do this!;)
Somewhere in and around Nashville maybe, you have the cool Corvette museum at Bowling Green with the famous sink hole ! Just my suggestion

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevy SSR
1,204 Posts
Somewhere in and around Nashville maybe, you have the cool Corvette museum at Bowling Green with the famous sink hole ! Just my suggestion
Guess you missed the part about refraining from making suggestions where.

·
Premium Member
5,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bump...

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
29,683 Posts
I would like to point out that the International SSR Rallies in the past (2007, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2019, and 2021) have all been handled by “remote control.” The sponsors have not lived in the immediate area of the event, but have located it where it would be accessible by members from all over the U.S. and Canada, and in some cases other countries as well. This takes time and planning but @lloger and @Bondo Princess proved it could be done in 2007. According to Lloyd, they made 1 or two trips to Springfield, MO and were greatly helped by the Chamber of Commerce there.

It is time for someone to step up and say “I can get a group together to help me make this happen in 2023 in City, State.” I am sure some of those from the past will have suggestions of what works and what does not.

Where are you?

@HUAW I hope I am not out of line here.

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevy SSR
1,204 Posts
I would like to point out that the International SSR Rallies in the past (2007, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2019, and 2021) have all been handled by “remote control.” The sponsors have not lived in the immediate area of the event, but have located it where it would be accessible by members from all over the U.S. and Canada, and in some cases other countries as well. This takes time and planning but @lloger and @Bondo Princess proved it could be done in 2007. According to Lloyd, they made 1 or two trips to Springfield, MO and were greatly helped by the Chamber of Commerce there.

It is time for someone to step up and say “I can get a group together to help me make this happen in 2023 in City, State.” I am sure some of those from the past will have suggestions of what works and what does not.

Where are you?

@HUAW I hope I am not out of line here.
Go for it Dwight.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
29,683 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Appreciate your willingness to help out. Thank you! Hopefully you and a few others willing to help will get someone to step up! 😉

Reactions: AuntDi And I
1 - 11 of 11 Posts