Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just paid $25 to this site, for my renewal for a year. I have been here for one year now and have learned so much, and met so many great people. Best money spent all last year, and I don’t want to miss any new news or SSR runs this year. Time dose fly when ….

·
OP
8,226 Posts
Damn Skippy!

:agree

·
Registered
216 Posts
(Saying this as tactfully as possible)

Illinois, since October when you joined, how many ads have you actually seen on this site?
This site does NOT require payment, only the goodwill of all members. With that said, it DOES cost money to host this site, and those members that choose to support that, willingly pay it. There are no "secret" areas that members are privy to, you simply have a banner attached to your name along with easier picture posting.
If you choose to support this site :cheers , if you choose NOT to support this site :cheers too! It's all good!

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,648 Posts
Big Thank You to all our Supporting Members!

IllinoisSSR said:
Ahhhh So Troy can get even Richer??? Don't the Ads pay for this forum and then some?
There actually is very little revenue generated by ads/ supporting dealers and vendors on our forum. We are a small community and we relie on our "Supporting Members" who by far are the biggest financial supporters we have on ssrfanatic.com site.

Once again I want to thank all of you great people out there who support one of the greatest forums on the net.

:cheers

·
Banned
183 Posts
Go over to Corvette Forum and take a look around but be careful that you dont trip over the PILES of cash and perks laying around there. Troy makes enough money over there to support a hundred of these forums. I have known him for many years now. I have nothing against anyone for making money but to say he "needs" donations to keep these forums going is simply a lie. In fact I would not at all be suprised to find that in "some way" GM is a backer in his Forums. The "Free" valuable owner information and "Market Reasearch" GM gets off of these Forums GM could not pay someone for at any price. It may not be in $$ but some sort of deal is in place between GM and the owner of these Forums. It was most obvious when pre production pictures of the C6 were Banned at C/F but were all over the place on other Corvette sites. Also notice this operator only has sites about "GM" made autos.... HELLO!

·
Registered
7 Posts

I Myself Want To Thank Everyone Who Has Posted Here. I Am A New Member From Chicago And Really Enjoy The Inside And Behind The Scene Info, Thanks SSROB....

·
180 Posts
Priceless!

REBEL said:
I have just paid $25 to this site, for my renewal for a year. I have been here for one year now and have learned so much, and met so many great people. Best money spent all last year, and I don’t want to miss any new news or SSR runs this year. Time dose fly when ….
If the best things in life are free, then the second best things cost only $25!
The experience, wealth of info and comeraderie on this site make being a Fanatic supporting member just like those VISA comercials: PRICELESS!!

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Kevin Honolulu said:
The experience, wealth of info and comeraderie on this site make being a Fanatic supporting member just like those VISA comercials: PRICELESS!!
:agree

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
I Agree

Kevin Honolulu said:
:agree This site is one of the reasons I am hosting the MI SSR-Club site. I wouldn't have known about it if I wouldn't have joined this one. Belonging to a group like this is PRICELESS!!!!!
$25.00 is a small amount to pay for the wealth of information, support, friends, and technical issues on our SSR's.

Supporting member to me is supporting in something you believe in!!!!

I BELIEVE IN THIS SITE!!! And anything I believe in I give 100%!!!!!!

·
Banned
183 Posts
Yes indeed this is a nice site. But my $25 will go to help the needy not Troy and GM. Now thats what I believe in. Let's see if Troy is willing to donate 100% of the membership proceeds to Katrena relief or some other oganization that helps the "many", then you can count me in for a $100 membership. :ssr

·
Premium Member
31,646 Posts
To provide some perspective to the costs of hosting

Myself and a few friends pay for a commercial T1 internet service since we had stuff we wanted to host and also to set up our own email services. Nothing out there for the "general consumer" was satisfactory. We got a fantastic deal as far as commercial T1 offerings goes, $500 per month flat rate with two static subnets of IP addresses. You add that up with the cost of maintaining a server, the software (it aint all free out there), and the time it takes to keep it all running, the costs can add up in a hurry. Also, my friend Mark, whose home is the location for all of our stuff, probably has an extra $60-80 per month on his electric bill alone from our equipment running 24/7.

Even if Troy's got his sites up on commercial hosting providers, that can still cost $100-200 per month, not including the hardware/software again. Ans as far as ads? What ads?

As Rebel said, $25 a year is nothing compared to what we've received in return. In my first month of memebership here, I learned of the homecoming event! That alone was enough to justify my contribution.

Keep the :ssr :party going!

·
Banned
183 Posts
ssr71 said:
Myself and a few friends pay for a commercial T1 internet service since we had stuff we wanted to host and also to set up our own email services. Nothing out there for the "general consumer" was satisfactory. We got a fantastic deal as far as commercial T1 offerings goes, $500 per month flat rate with two static subnets of IP addresses. You add that up with the cost of maintaining a server, the software (it aint all free out there), and the time it takes to keep it all running, the costs can add up in a hurry. Also, my friend Mark, whose home is the location for all of our stuff, probably has an extra $60-80 per month on his electric bill alone from our equipment running 24/7.

Even if Troy's got his sites up on commercial hosting providers, that can still cost $100-200 per month, not including the hardware/software again. Ans as far as ads? What ads?

As Rebel said, $25 a year is nothing compared to what we've received in return. In my first month of memebership here, I learned of the homecoming event! That alone was enough to justify my contribution.

Keep the :ssr :party going!
This man is making well over a $100K a year PROFIT! off these sites WITHOUT $25 donations. I KNOW THIS. So why send him your $25? Send it to someone that NEEDS the money thats all im saying. This site is not going to go away, he is making far to much money off of it. He NEEDS us here without "US" there is NO money for him to make. So just coming here is making him ad revenue. Isn't that enough?

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Just became a supporter. Because of the information I learned from people from this site I saved thousands in the purchase of my 06 not to mention other priceless information. It has been more than worth the price of membership.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)

:glol No, being here is not enough for me. You absolutely do not need to give to this site. When I eat at a restaurant and pay for the food, out of that profit wages are paid to the waiters and barman. But I also tip them, I don’t need to, they get a wage. But I appreciate what I get. You do not need to tip this site and will get to read what everyone else reads, But why would you crap on those that do? I also think G.M. supports this site, and I think this site has had some influence on them. Next year will I support the site again along with some small item donations, to the members this year because I want to. Hope you get your VIN in the VIN only registry!

1 - 20 of 75 Posts