Chevy SSR Forum banner

$2500 off MSRP

3K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  ISLANDDREAMS 
#1 ·
A local dealer had an ad in the newspaper this weekend for 2 SSR's for $2500 under MSRP. One was black (it's now sold) and one silver (still availiable). Maybe it's only a matter of time before other dealers will follow suit and advertise discounts on SSR's. :lurk :thumbs :lurk

#3 ·
GM Mastercard

SLK320SSR said:
A local dealer had an ad in the newspaper this weekend for 2 SSR's for $2500 under MSRP. One was black (it's now sold) and one silver (still availiable). Maybe it's only a matter of time before other dealers will follow suit and advertise discounts on SSR's. :lurk :thumbs :lurk
Use your GM MasterCard for another big discount, I just saved $3,000 by using the card for the last several years. :flag

G
#4 ·
What Texas dealers are running ads $2500 off ?

I'm in Central Texas and would like to know what dealers in the Dallas or Houston areas are running the SSR's in the newspaper at $2500.00 off. I have heard this from more than one reliable source. Please post weekkend ads and dealers names please. Also, any other area in Texas or close by running at $2500 off would be appreciated. The market is definitely dropping here. SSR's are stacking in inventories all around me, but most dealers aren't keeping track of the lowering market. Some still want sticker.....which in my area is NOT a good deal. I think by summer we will see drastic discounts as a norm and maybe even a rebate Is the 395HP a sure thing for 05 model year? Hmmmm, stacking inventories and 395HP....interesting combination. You may email me direct if you have info on these Texas advertisements. Thanks, carsetc69@aol.com

#5 ·
I am in East Texas; there are no adds from anywhere around here (Dallas
/Houston) with $2500 under sticker offerings. I doubt the accuracy of your information. Dallas has offered $1500 under from more than one dealer, but you won't see that in a newspaper. I think that you can bank on the 6.0 395 horse for '05; you should be able to order one of those in a week or ten days.

#7 ·
2 at $3000 off MSRP

There are 2 SSR's for sale at Bruce Lowrie Chevrolet for $3000 off MSRP. One is black (which was sold last week, but the deal fell through) and the other is silver. Both list for $46,490. I'm going to look at them this afternoon, even though my preference is for red or yellow. :seeya :lurk

#9 ·
Well shiver me timbers; let me have a large serving of crow! Didn't know of this. Don't have access to FW papers. Looks like somebody is getting a deal. Buy the black one and I will trade you my red one and some boot. I ordered black and the red came in and the dealer didn't know if he would get the black, so I took it. Now he has a silver which is my son's favorite. This is about $300 below invoice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#10 ·
Eating Crow?

ZainoSSR,

No need to eat crow. I've been researching the SSR's and pricing for some time now. I would love to buy now, but all the trends tell me to wait til the end of the model year and there will be deeper discounts as GM offers incentives for the dealers to move the SSR's off the lots. See my other post on the USA Today article. Over 50% of 2003 and 33% of 2004 SSR's are yet to be sold with more 2004's being produced at a rate of about 1700 per month. Right now I have a 2001 SLK320 to drive so I enjoy the top down weather, even though it's not as fun as the SSR. However, I would rather wait and save money, but for those who are ready to buy I just hope I can help them get the best deal possible. The only ones who need to eat crow are the dealers still holding out for MSRP or higher!!!!!! Just my 2 cents worth!
:lurk :seeya

#12 · (Edited)
mini-gathering

Yes, Don, in spite of the weather we did have a car show. Looked for your SSR but we understand. Our weather started off rainy, then cleared up and the sun came out. It was still a little chilly. There were five SSRs lined up--r-y-r-u-y. Pretty impressive. Met some new folks and told them about our website. Funny thing, a black SSR was parked across the street from the show. No one saw him arrive or leave. I suspect that he heard about the show and just wanted to look. No one talked to him. He drove down from OK but didn't stay long...

Pictures?...You want pictures?...Machelle will be posting them soon. She took a picture of four of us. I really enjoyed the afternoon. BTW Machelle won the Favorite SSR trophy. :cool :jester

#13 ·
SLK320SSR,
I see in your post that you say
"Over 50% of 2003 and 33% of 2004 SSR's are yet to be sold"...
Just curious where you got this info from. It seems kinda high to me That 50% of the '03's have yet to sell, considering that they are all on lots.
Any more info you can share is appreciated.
Thanks.

#14 ·
USA Today

I got the information from the USA Today article where they stated that 1664 in 2003 and another 3690 thru April 22, 2004. I guess some of those 2004 sales could be 2003 models. With over 9000 SSr's made so far GM has only sold 5354, leaving about 3700 to be sold. That means that about 40 percent have yet to be sold.
:seeya

#15 ·
Hey Zainossr we really missed you at the gathering in Decatur, but we understand the weather issues. I wasn't sure it would pass here in time to make it out there but it did. Yes I have pictures. I am having router issues with my computer and have the laptop signed on through the phone line and I can't upload with the lap top from the camera for some strange reason. But that should be fixed in a day or so.
Wayne's Redline looks really good with the stripes on it and his name on the tailgate.
The dealer has my SSR again today, trying to get the windows aligned. I should be picking it up before 7pm. Wayne posed a thought at the Car Cruise/Show It seems that out of the 4 SSR drivers at the show two of them had beards...me excluded because I just don't look good with facial hair. Just how many of you have beards? And what are you hiding? LOL JK :) ;)

#16 ·
See why they are not sold yet

I went to a dealer in Maryland to get some touch up paint. I stoped and looked at the black one in the show room. They had a mark up of 15k. I started to laugh. I think that there are still dealers thinking that people will still pay a arm and a leg to get the truck. I found out today that my dealer still has three left and the Blurple one still has not been sold. It has been there since the first week in Feb. and they are still asking 10k over sticker. :rant

#18 ·
Discounts

Hey Guys and SLK320SSR,

Dealers in WNY area are giving GMS (GM employee) equals about 10% off MSRP. If you are looking for an SSR come here or go to Michigan.

If you want an 05 that is fine but you will not see any discounts on the new 6.0 L 375-390 HP. If you want to drive in style and save money then I suggest an 03 or 04. How much speed do you really need???

Oh yes production is only @ 72 a day max. and only if they meet their goal for production that day. See my SSR photos you will see the Andon board with the goal of 72 on the board. So that equates to approx 1440 max a month.

Enjoy the Holiday! :flag

G
#20 ·
SSR's for sale (big discounts)

I know of a place that has 4 SSR in stock (2004) that they are dealin' on. Two silver, one black and one yellow. Msrp anywhere from 42-47K. Let me know if you want the info. E-mail me at t1_up_2@yahoo.com. I am waiting on the new one, but these guys are dealin' on the 2004's. ;)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.