Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK many of us have owned a lot of cars over the years and we all remember them for certain reasons, so while we are in doing nothing else Name up the 1) you should have never sold. 2) Should have never bought 3) wildest. You can tell a little about the reason they fit the bill

For me
1) 86 Buick Grand National. I sold it to get married and it was a fairly low mileage car. I did race it and it had a really nice Nitrous set up on it. It would run low 11s if the temps was in the 60s. I regret selling it.
2) 68 Chevelle SS. It had a lot more problems than I should have fixed. I should have passed on it when I bought it, but I drove all the way to Shreveport LA and didn't want to come back empty. I still have this one and it still isn't finished.
3) 73 Nova It was more of a race car then a street car and with a small block, nitrous and 5:13 gears it was very fast but not practical at all.

·
Two Tone Owner
2,450 Posts
#1-I should have kept my 57 Chevy. Race car, street car, FUN car.
#2- I never should have bought 1970 Ford station wagon. Lots of problems.
#3- Wildest, not a car, but a 1961 BSA 650 motorcycle. I never thought they could go that fast, that quick!
Walter

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
#1 The regrets are many ('70 GTX 440, '70 Buick GS, '67 GTO convertible) but the one I miss the most is the 1970 Nova SS with Muncie 4 speed.
#2 1982 Chevy S10 Blazer with a stick... geeezzz what a POS.
# 1982 Kawasaki Spectre 750... I had NO business being on 2 wheels at that time in my life.

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
1. 1990 454SS pick up, macho bad ass truck.
2. 1966 Fiat 850 Spyder lime green pos,
3. Honda Turbo jet ski, wow, fast.

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
wife says
1 1962 VW with cloth sunroof.
2. 1976 Chevette, not a vette
3. 1995 Black Impala SS

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
My 1969 Camaro....I bought when I got home from Vietnam in 1969...
My 1954 Chevy...I had in High School
My 1987 Mazda RX 7...still have one of the keys...had only 37,000 miles when I sold it..

·
Registered
940 Posts
76 Monte Carlo hawthorne red with buckskin interior loaded sun roof, swivel bucket seats, A/C, am/fm cassette, power windows, hell almost all the options. Back then you could actually order what you wanted and the salesmen said I hope you really want this car because we will have a hard time selling it.

Chevy Chevette so much for the gas crisis never again no matter what gas cost......

One I'm glad I bought was a 72 Norton Commando fun bike to ride but the guy I bought it from had a 60 Vette for sale too if I only had the money would have bought them both.......hindsight we would all be millionaires but would we be any happier....HELL YEAH!!!

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
1) 1981 Pontiac Formula Firebird Turbo. White with dark blue stripes and interior. Loved that car.
2) Ford EXP. Cannot remember the year. Bought it for my son, but he ended up not being able to keep it so I got it back. Several problems with it. Had an electrical short that was very hard to find.
3) 2016 Polaris Slingshot. Black special edition. An absolute blast, but poorly made with MANY recalls. Also my aging body just couldn't get in and out. SSR replaced it. Best automotive decision ever made.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
1) 1967 Jaguar E-Type coupe. Yeah, sure, it was a maintenance headache but what a car! Killer looks and wonderful at 80 - 90 MPH. 4.2 liter straight 6 with tripple SU carbs. It would go. And who can knock today's value.
2) 1977 Plymouth Volarie. 2 door coupe with slant 6 and a 3 speed overdrive stick. What a POS! No pics of this one.
3) 1961 Morris MINI. Holly S**T!! Rocket on a roller skate. I built this one from the ground up. Mini's came as a base model with and 850cc engine putting out about 35hp and had up to a 1275cc engine in the Mini Cooper S. The one I built had a 1380 cc engine and put out about 120HP. A boat load of fun in a car that's 10ft x 4ft x 4ft, weighs about 1500 pounds and rides on 10" wheels.
e type.jpg
mini.jpg

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
1,658 Posts
1) wish I'd kept my 53 Ford panel. Took up the only space in the carport for a year. That was about 15-17 years ago. Man what I could do with it now...
2) Dodge neon...puke... Our first 4 door family car. Turn off the AC for turbo like response!
3) wildest is definitely my SSR, not for performance just never had a race car like some of you guy's.

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
#1) Miss the most is my first GOOD car 1971 Mustang Fastback with a 302 4v. LOVED it, exwife traded it in while I was at work, forged my name on the title. Got divorced shortly after that.
#2) Shouldn't have bought, 1970 Ford Ranchero "Rotted Out" Edition. Liz told me I couldn't buy it, so I did. On the way home I attempted to dim the high beams and pushed the dimmer through the floor. The car approaching was a NY State Trooper. He pulled me asking why I didn't dim my lights. I showed him the hole in the floor and said "I did try"
He was shaking his head and laughing on his way back to his Patrol car.
#3) My totally custom HotWheels 1967 Beetle I built with a 2110 Stroker, wild cam and heads and two 2 barrel Dellortos. Slammed down on the asphalt. It was like a KRAZY FAST go-kart!

·
Spirited driver!
1,153 Posts
1. 57 Chevy. It was my first car and I bought even before I had my license in 1981. Had my brother do the test drive. The other one I want back is my 66 Mustang.

2. 84 Mustang LX hatchback. It liked to stall when you pushed hard on the accelerator. You know, like when you are trying to cross a road with a truck coming!

3. 70 Chevelle. Way too much car for an 18 year old but it was fun!

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
1,658 Posts
I'd like to amend mine a bit... Here's a wild one I wish I still had. My first rail buggy was a two seater, 1915cc with two Weber 44's and a turbo! Man that thing would rip! Would line em up with quads at the 1/8 mile drag where we ride. Man that was fun. Didn't know enough at the time about tranny's that I couldn't keep together so detuned it and put it in a four seat frame for the family to go along. I know I've got pictures somewhere.... Memory is first to go right?!?

·
Premium Member
9,235 Posts
64 Ford...4 door hardtop Galaxie 500 XL
Tub buckets and a factory 4speed... bought it cheap, it was straight and clean and rust free.. just slow p.o.had popped the 390 and threw a 352 back in it... should have kept it and repowered it when I was able..
1976 mustang GT had the V8..but never should have gotten that... lost it in the divorce anyway... wildest... probably the 64 Ford Fairlane with the built 302 twin carbs and high-rise.. also a four speed and tall rear end.. would just light em up....lots of Fords in my early days..more GM when I settled down a little

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,682 Posts
1. 68 Camaro Convertible, 327, auto. Was my HS graduation present. Loved that Car. Sold it when the Oil Crisis hit and Gas went over $1/gal!
2. Mini Cooper S, fun to drive but total unreliable POS traded it in on my SSR!
3. 81 Corvette 4spd, put a built stroker in it and set up the suspension for Autocross but it was uncontrollable on the track, too much torque. I knew I was going to get in trouble with that thing. Didn't drive it much after getting the SSR.

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
1. 1968 Mustang coupe, 289 v8, factory ac and front disc brakes.
2. 1981 Mercedes 450SL, beautiful car but too costly to maintain, gave me nightmares.
3. 1975 Chevy Hi-Top Van C30, 350 v8, airport shuttle van with pneumatic school-bus side door, customized to the very height of mid-70's glory, great memories made in that van.

·
Proud Original Owner
17,766 Posts
1. 62 Pontiac Grand Prix 2 door hardtop, white with black interior
2. Chevette a tin, cheap piece of junk
3. 72 VW Bus most fun vehicle I ever owned till I got the SSR

·
Premium Member
2,720 Posts
1966 Ford Mustang GT stick Black on Black should have never sold.
1973 El Camino just a lemon
1969 El Camino SS396 with a little work done, scary fast and load. Still own today

1 - 20 of 23 Posts