Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
189 the LAST blur
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following lastest Auction sales again as an Auction junkie there were 3 that went through Mecum Las Vegas.
2 - 05's and an 06, a black, yellow and a silver. 2 Show sold and the silver 06 automatic with 10,000 miles was Hi Bid at $27,000. Thought the slingshot Calloway would have done better than the $27,000 figure supposedly being 1 of 4 and the slightly modified 05 asphalt automatic with the highest miles only brought $22,000. OUCH!! That's similar to mine but way higher miles....oh well it's good to know where you stand in the current market given each vehicle stands on its own merits come sales time. BUT like In real estate there are some common denominators.:party

·
Registered
259 Posts
I paid 27500 2 years ago for my 19000 mile 05 aqua blur, and have enjoyed every penny spent, devalued today or not.

For almost almost everyone out here, if we woulda wanted an investment, we should have bought that $450,000,000 Michaelangelo painting. :banghead
Bob
:blur:

·
Registered
46 Posts
The original owner of my 03 SSR paid a $10,000 premium over sticker for a total of $55K. I bought it about 3 months ago with 56K miles for $18K and I drive it whenever I can. I've seen them sit on dealer's lots locally, reasonably priced, unsold, for a year so I have no expectations of it being an investment. Yesterday I was cleaning the garage and had to pull the cover and move it out. With it sitting idling, I just stared at it and thought, Wow, this is mine. I climbed in and went cruising. I've owned a lot of cars over the years but nothing gives me the Permagrin like these works of art. I intend to wear it out, rebuild it, and drive it until I can't drive any more. That's just me.

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,563 Posts
Following lastest Auction sales again as an Auction junkie there were 3 that went through Mecum Las Vegas.
2 - 05's and an 06, a black, yellow and a silver. 2 Show sold and the silver 06 automatic with 10,000 miles was Hi Bid at $27,000. Thought the slingshot Calloway would have done better than the $27,000 figure supposedly being 1 of 4 and the slightly modified 05 asphalt automatic with the highest miles only brought $22,000. OUCH!! That's similar to mine but way higher miles....oh well it's good to know where you stand in the current market given each vehicle stands on its own merits come sales time. BUT like In real estate there are some common denominators.:party
The 2005 that went thru Barrett-Jackson Las Vegas in October brought $32,500.00.

·
189 the LAST blur
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for reminding me Gordy.

I forgot about that one. Now I feel a little better again. That includes 10% buyers fee so new owner will be mid to high $30's when he gets home in the driveway. Not bad on a stock, like new 2,300 mile RED 6 speed R. Hopefuuly he knows or joins this community because it's worth more than the price of admission for all the comraderie, advice, helpful tips and rally's/outings that I'm really looking forward to attending next season. In the meantime, before the really bad weather arrives I go for spin couple of times a week. Just amazing how much attention this thing gets...ya, permagrins galore. cheer::cheer:

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,351 Posts
The original owner of my 03 SSR paid a $10,000 premium over sticker for a total of $55K. I bought it about 3 months ago with 56K miles for $18K and I drive it whenever I can. I've seen them sit on dealer's lots locally, reasonably priced, unsold, for a year so I have no expectations of it being an investment. Yesterday I was cleaning the garage and had to pull the cover and move it out. With it sitting idling, I just stared at it and thought, Wow, this is mine. I climbed in and went cruising. I've owned a lot of cars over the years but nothing gives me the Permagrin like these works of art. I intend to wear it out, rebuild it, and drive it until I can't drive any more. That's just me.
I started looking for my second one when I got to 200k miles because I was afraid I might wear it out or have an unrepairable accident and not be able to find a replacement or parts. The second one gets drive once or twice a month to keep it in shape but at 233k the first is still going strong. I think I have gotten my initial investment out of it and am not ready to let go yet.

Reactions: Auggie Doggie

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought my 04 with 51k miles in August.. also for $18k.. Owner 1 took very good care of it and did a lot of nice upgrades for 13 years.. Owner 2 was a idiot..
I’ve done a few nice things for it and intend to do more..
Texas SSR..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts