Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took mine in for the 30,000 mile service. $675 !!!! Wow. When I pick it up today I'll have the written details and will re-post then.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
houtex said:
Just took mine in for the 30,000 mile service. $675 !!!! Wow. When I pick it up today I'll have the written details and will re-post then.

Hmm....I must not have gotten that one done :jester

Make sure that they didn't rotate the tires!!!! :lol :lol

·
Registered
192 Posts
Gee, I thought these units were pretty maintenance free for about 100K miles except for oil changes. I wonder what yours needed for $675.00? Was there something done not covered by warranty?

Doug

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bill

Nothing was wrong with the truck - just maintenance.

Injector Flush and Throttle Body Service 156.95
Replace Air and Fule Filter 56.01
Auto Trans Flush with Filter Change 204.95
Power Steering System Flush 79.95
Evaporator System Cleaning 96.95

And the ever popular
"Misc Environmental Charges 14.00

Total 608.81

w/ Taxes 630.79

Was cheaper than stated because I didn't need an oil change or the tire rotation. ;)

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,205 Posts
Hate to say it , but !!!

having the evaporator cleaned and power steering flushed is kinda like changing the blinker fluid.

Maybe I misunderstood what hey were trying to accomplish with that procedure.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
GM Link's service schedule (for those wondering if you had to do everything that Houtex had done).

GM Oil Life System Maintenance
If your vehicle's 'change oil' message is on maintenance service should be performed within the next 600 miles.

Engine Air Cleaner Filter Replacement
Replace engine air cleaner filter.
Interval: Every 25,000 miles.

Exhaust System Inspection
Inspect exhaust system for loose or damaged components.

Fuel System Inspection
Inspect fuel system for damage or leaks.

Automatic Transmission Fluid and Filter Replacement
Replace the automatic transmission fluid and filter
Interval: Every 50,000 miles unless the vehicle is mainly driven under one or more of these conditions: 1) In heavy city traffic where the outside temperature regularly reaches 90 F (32 C) or higher, 2) In hilly or mountainous terrain, 3) When doing frequent trailer towing, and 4) Uses such as found in taxi, police or delivery service. If vehicle is driven under these conditions, change every 25,000 miles.

Fuel Filter Replacement
Replace fuel filter.

Spark Plug Replacement
Replace spark plugs.
Interval: Every 100,000 miles.

Spark Plug Wire Inspection
Inspect spark plug wires.
Interval: Every 100,000 miles.

Engine Accessory Drive Belt Inspection
Inspect engine accessory drive belt
Interval: Every 150,000 miles.

Engine Cooling System Service
Drain, flush and refill cooling system. Inspect hoses. Clean radiator, condenser, pressure cap and neck. Pressure test cooling system and pressure cap.
Interval: Every 150,000 miles or every 60 months whichever occurs first.

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FUZZY said:
having the evaporator cleaned and power steering flushed is kinda like changing the blinker fluid.

Maybe I misunderstood what hey were trying to accomplish with that procedure.
Not too sure either - the invoice just says "cleaned Evaporator system" - $45.85 for an A/C kit and %51.10 in labor. Anything to keep the A/C running down here.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Looks like all you really needed done (absent any additional information) was the air and fuel filter replacements. Both easy DIY jobs, but even if the dealer handled it, wouldn't have been more than $70 total.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Over 30K on Black Betty and humming like a bird. Last service had the engine flush and oil change, but man, sure am going through those tires....:) :thumbs :jester

·
Registered
413 Posts
take it from a 40 year mechanic If they want to flush your engine Just say no If you change oil regularly there is NEVER a need to flush engine as far as evaporator cleaning they sprayed an areosol can full of cleaner through your vents and made a quick buck

·
Registered
190 Posts
On the evaporator deal, just take a can of liceall (sp) and spay in the intakes of the air conditioning just outside of the windshield and run the thing a few minutes on high and you got it made. It kills mold and mildew that can grow there in the evaporator....My Service manager gave me that bit of information.:lol

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
service scams

i have worked on cars trucks busses ships and any thing else that has nut and bolts for 30 yrs.i work at a chevy dealer and it kills me too see how they suck people into buying service they don't need.the only ones making out on it are the people at the window writing your ticket and thier bosses.change your oil regularly and air and fuel filters you'll be ahead of the game without spending all that money.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts