Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know what would be cool? 327/300HP emblems for '03 and '04 engine cover inserts and/or front fenders or tailgate. Kind of like the old Camaros. Can anyone out there make such a thing? Anyone else interested?

·
Registered
369 Posts

Shrtdog,
I believe you can buy these emblems from any Chevrolet parts department. They have them for resto work.
Mike :cool

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah but you have to drill with the old emblems. I'm thinking of emblems with an adhesive backing or custom retro style emblems for the SSR

·
Registered
369 Posts
Emblems

Shrtdog,
I bought an 69 Camero emblen to post on the waterfall area. Took it into the shop and cut the two "prongs" of the back, then used a grinder to smooth them down. Took som 200 mph double face tape, applied to the back of the emblem, then applied to the waterfall. That been 5 months now, still holds firmly. Give it a try.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,610 Posts
Waterfall Emblem

Watch Six said:
Shrtdog,
I bought an 69 Camero emblen to post on the waterfall area.
Hey Mike,

Would you please post a photo of your emblem that you put onto your waterfall area so that we can view it. :thumbs

·
Registered
369 Posts
Waterfall Emblem

Marc,
I would love to, and have tried to post several photos here. But being the old guy that I am, and not being very computer savey, I haven't been able to post. My sister knows everything and anything about digital cameras and computers, (She teaches it in school), and she never has time to teach me. Go figure. :lol As soon as this old dog gets up to speed, I start posting pictures.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,610 Posts
Attaching photos to your replies...

Watch Six said:
Marc,
I would love to, and have tried to post several photos here.
Hey Mike,

If you know how to resize your photos to keep them under 1500 x 1500 pixels and 200 KB size or smaller you can just attach them into your replies by going to the "Manage Attachments" feature tab in the lower section of your reply window. Look for the "Additonal Options" menu just below the reply window area.

If you want I can help you out even further by PMing me ok?

Good luck! :thumbs

·
Registered
192 Posts
327?

At the risk of looking stupid, I thought the SSR has a 350 cu. in. engine vs. 327. Also, is it a Corvette engine or just the new 390 HP engine?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The '03 and '04s have 5.3 liter V8s or 327 cubic inches. The '05s have 5.7 liters or 350 cubic inches.

·
Registered
181 Posts
5.3=325 cu in. 6.0= 364 cu.in.

The 5.3 motor is 5328cc or 325 cubic inch. The 6.0 is 5967cc or 364 cubic inch.

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Waterfall?

Being a relatively new owner (14 May) and still waiting for the owner's manual...What is the waterfall area?

Sort of reminds me of looking for a roll of flightline.

Thanks,

Kim

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
redheaded willi said:
Being a relatively new owner (14 May) and still waiting for the owner's manual...What is the waterfall area?

Sort of reminds me of looking for a roll of flightline.

Thanks,

Kim
Its the body colored section that drops downward between the seats, its bee call a waterfall on the vettes for years. Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Waterfall

Big Daddy and Redheaded Willi,
Silly people, its that big body of water in the forest that drops from on top to down below. :lol :lol :lol And its not a roll of flight line, its a gallon of prop wash. :glol :glol :glol :glol :glol

·
Registered
65 Posts
Aviation Themes

Hey Folks,
Based on the responses to this thread, it appears that many of us are, or were, in the aviation industry.
I was an air taffic controller for 32 years and now I'm the assistant manager of a large general aviation airport.
How about you folks.....pilots or wannabes?
Paul :cool

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Air Force Association member - I assisted with a "Gathering of Warbirds" in Madera for several years! (Got to go inverted in a modified P-51)

Half dozen static line jumps...

Recreational flyer.

***First photo is buzzing Hearst Castle... (Pre 9-11)

Attachments

B

·
0 Posts
waterfall emblem

Heres a picture of my waterfall. it is the metal emblem off a 64/65 vette I believe. I took it to dads house. he has all kinds of neet gagets. Got one of his high speed grinders and ground the pronges off the back. the flags were hollowed out just enough for some 3m 2 sided foam tape. It was a little to much curve to it so I pressed it out till it had the same contour as the SSr waterfall. been on there for 2 weeks now. I was afraid it might try to go back to some of its original curvature. It has not looks like the flags were made for it. I like the emblem very much. i have always like just the flags crossed. so now it has a little 60's retro to it now.
:cool :ssr :thumbs :flag :ssr :seeya

Attachments

1 - 20 of 45 Posts