Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lets get all the Houston Areas SSR Fanatics together for the 3rd Annual BBQ and Social
We had a small crowd last year thanks to CV-19. Most all of us will be fully vaccinated by then and ready for a outdoor get together.

Memorial Day Monday May 31st

3:00PM until ????????

I will supply Smoked meats, rolls, condiments, water, ice, plates utensils, shade and pool!

You bring a side or dessert to share, your favorite beverage(s), lawn chairs, swim suits, appetites.

Suggested Sides:
Baked Beans
Cole slaw
Salads
Green Beans
any kind of potato dish
corn bread
Corn on the Cob
etc.

Horseshoe pits will be ready for some friendly competition and Pool will be open to cool off in!

This is NOT a Tech Session! No SSR repairs allowed unless you need it to get home!

Please Reply to this thread with attendees and what you can bring so we don't get five trays of beans!

And of course ALL Fanatics are welcome if you want to make the trip!

Greg Baehr

·
Trygodfirst
2006 FPR ROTM WINNER SSR PAC BLUE AUTOMATIC -aka- Ole Blue
1,617 Posts
Lets get all the Houston Areas SSR Fanatics together for the 3rd Annual BBQ and Social
We had a small crowd last year thanks to CV-19. Most all of us will be fully vaccinated by then and ready for a outdoor get together.

Memorial Day Monday May 31st

I will supply Smoked meats, rolls, condiments, water, ice, plates utensils, shade and pool!

You bring a side or dessert to share, your favorite beverage(s), lawn chairs, swim suits, appetites.

Suggested Sides:
Baked Beans
Cole slaw
Salads
Green Beans
any kind of potato dish
corn bread
Corn on the Cob
etc.

Horseshoe pits will be ready for some friendly competition and Pool will be open to cool off in!

This is NOT a Tech Session! No SSR repairs allowed unless you need it to get home!

Please Reply to this thread with attendees and what you can bring so we don't get five trays of beans!

And of course ALL Fanatics are welcome if you want to make the trip!

Lets get all the Houston Areas SSR Fanatics together for the 2nd Annual BBQ and Social
We had a great time last year, this may be our first time to get out and meet after the Zombie Apocalypse, hopefully!

Memorial Day Monday May 25th

I will supply Smoked Brisket, Sausage and Chicken, rolls, condiments, water, ice, plates utensils, shade and pool!

You bring a side or dessert to share, your favorite beverage(s), lawn chairs, swim suits, appetite, quarantine stories!

Suggested Sides:
Baked Beans
Cole slaw
Salads
Green Beans
any kind of potato dish
corn bread
Corn on the Cob
etc.

IF WE ARE NOT OUT OF COVID-19 JAIL BY THEN OR IF IT'S TOO SOON AFTER TO DO THIS, I'LL RESCHEDULE FOR JULY 4TH

And of course all Fanatics are welcome if you want to make the trip!

Greg Baehr
Greg you texas ssr brothers and sisters are amazing. I LOVE to read of your gatherings. I live 15 hours away before stops and have a sincere desire to meet y’all and attend an event there one day. I hope to meet y’all in Cincinnati this year. Maybe @HUAW will allow a time at the rally for us to stand and introduce introduce ourselves and state which state we live in, so I can put a face to a name. My mobility is gonna keep me from moving around at the rally to meet folks but it’s not for a lack of desire to do so. What a great group is ssr folk in Texas. Y’all do so many parades and tech days and get togethers. I tell u the truth, LORD willing, I’m gonna make a run out to y’all one day. I was out there 20 or so years back for an NHRA event and I told my wife... man it’s so nice, these texas folks, they speak, they hold the door and they say please and thank you. It was like I was back home in Virginia. I’m betting the ones who act like this out there have / had parents who raised them this way. Oh that more of our country were as friendly and welcoming as y’all!!!!!!!
Do I hear an SSR national rally in your future??
Sincerely sent
Scott Harris
TryGodfirst

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Greg you texas ssr brothers and sisters are amazing. I LOVE to read of your gatherings. I live 15 hours away before stops and have a sincere desire to meet y’all and attend an event there one day. I hope to meet y’all in Cincinnati this year. Maybe @HUAW will allow a time at the rally for us to stand and introduce introduce ourselves and state which state we live in, so I can put a face to a name. My mobility is gonna keep me from moving around at the rally to meet folks but it’s not for a lack of desire to do so. What a great group is ssr folk in Texas. Y’all do so many parades and tech days and get togethers. I tell u the truth, LORD willing, I’m gonna make a run out to y’all one day. I was out there 20 or so years back for an NHRA event and I told my wife... man it’s so nice, these texas folks, they speak, they hold the door and they say please and thank you. It was like I was back home in Virginia. I’m betting the ones who act like this out there have / had parents who raised them this way. Oh that more of our country were as friendly and welcoming as y’all!!!!!!!
Do I hear an SSR national rally in your future??
Sincerely sent
Scott Harris
TryGodfirst
Thanks Scott, we do like to get together here in the Lone Star State! You are welcome to join us any time you want to make the trip!

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where is everyone? Have we all become hermits? Let's get together!!

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,605 Posts
Greg & Cheryl, THANKS so much for the invitation!! Madeline and I are planning on being there with ""The Gang""

Madeline will be bringing her famous potato salad. It's going to be FANTASTIC to see everyone once again!!!!!

David

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bump

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
Susie and I will be there... We'll bring salad and some sort of dessert (whatever she feels like making) or whatever you think you might be short of... Just let us know what you need.

PS. Tell Boop & Grump to be sure and bring their measuring tapes 😂

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Susie and I will be there... We'll bring salad and some sort of dessert (whatever she feels like making) or whatever you think you might be short of... Just let us know what you need.

PS. Tell Boop & Grump to be sure and bring their measuring tapes 😂
Joyce and I will be there. She'll make zucchini tots and as yet unknown dessert.
See y'all there.
Roy Lee and Joyce

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
We are so looking forward to this. Good company, good chats, and good FOOD! Our contribution will be apple crumble and scallop potatoes. Should we bring chairs? Do you have an idea of number of people yet? Hopefully we will be blessed with good weather too. Rich and Merrillee

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We are so looking forward to this. Good company, good chats, and good FOOD! Our contribution will be apple crumble and scallop potatoes. Should we bring chairs? Do you have an idea of number of people yet? Hopefully we will be blessed with good weather too. Rich and Merrillee
Great!! I have seating for about 18 which is where we are at right now so yes bring chairs. Lots of seating in the pool too!!

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Last Call! Anyone else that can make it let me know! I invited the neighbors so they wont be upset if you park on the street! LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts