Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
RetroCarGuy530
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've uploaded a video demonstrating a 3rd brake light pulser and how I accessed the 3rd brake light to install it in my 2004 Chevy SSR.

I'm a big fan of 3rd brake light pulsers since I believe they help avoid accidents.

There are links in the description section of the video that will allow you to jump directly to the Chevy SSR section of the video.

·
Daily Driver
8,940 Posts
For those people who were asking about removing/replacing the third brake light, shiftz33's video shows the two plastic locating/retention pins that come through to the inside.

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,363 Posts
Oh, yeah!!

I had a blinking 3rd brakelight like this for almost 3 years but then switched to a pulsing light that Mike (Dragon2U) custom made for me. Kinda like 'Knight Rider'. - :surprise:

When the brakes are applied the light scans back & forth, left to right and repeats until brake is released. In all of the stop & go traffic here in Houston I like it even better. -- :smile2:

================
David :black:
images-9.jpeg

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,376 Posts
Good Video!! I have the WebElectric in our 2 SSR's, '03 Monte Carlo SS, and Silverado!!! I like that brand over some others I've seen and the Direct plug for the SSR is worth the difference in price over the Universal fit.

Nick

·
RetroCarGuy530
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree the module sold by Simple Engineering / Dicktator is another fine product to provide this functionality.

I started using the WebElectric Products BLP modules over a decade ago before there were other options.

I would suggest you make sure that any module you purchase complies with your local vehicle code (CA VC 25251.5(c) requires the module not flash/pulse more than four times within the first four seconds after actuation by application of the brakes)

I created the video because a few Chevy SS Sedan owners were asking how I added that functionality to my Chevy SS Sedan. Since both my Chevy SSR and Chevy SS Sedan have this feature installed, I wanted to show both in the video.

:grin2:

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
I use Back Off Brake Module on my Harley and SSR. You can get it for one or 2 brake lites. I had mine wired into my original brake light and also into my GTO spoiler brake light. One will flash constantly the other will Flash and then go to a solid light. I had Mike (Dragon2u) wire my GTO light to a sequential flashing light Center to left and Center to right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts