Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems no has cracked the code yet for an automatic 05 SSr to get the speedometer to read right. What works on a 6 speed does not work on the auto tranny. Had my dealer call Chevy Tech center or what ever they call themselves, they said 4.10 gears are not applaciable to this vehichle. :confused They called more than one person. THey do it in a Trailblazer. I get 10 extra miles for every 100 I travel. :willy: I did use GM gears. GM makes them but wont give a seed for the PCM. Can any one help me in this situation. Thanks.

The tech II shows the right speed in the computer, just not on the speedo and odometer in the dash. :eek

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sc

:seeya Something is still not quite rite. It is a little rich now. Pops very loud when you back off of it. It always has poped some, I like that. It just a little loud now in the poping. All mine dynoed at was 435rwhp and I forget something under 450# of torque. Ed could not get any more out of it. Spent most of the time trying to figure uot the speedo thing. THe fat lady has not sung yet. I love the low end torque it adds. Still not acting right on the top end.

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
BobA: If GM won't cooperate with changing the ONE data field in the PCM needed to correct for the 4.10 axle ratio, you will need to wait for the aftermarket microtuners OR tuning software that will be be compatible with the 05 / 06 CAN architecture.

These SHOULD be finally hitting the street soon if not already (been prmised for quite a while now).

Note that MOST microtuners will only work on PCMs that still have 100% stock programming.

My book explains in Chapter 17 (coming out today or tomorrow!) the factors to consider when evaluating microtuners versus tuning software.

Jim G

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BobA,

I had a similar experience going to 4.56 on my '03. The first dealer basically couldn't figure out how to get to that section of the tech2. The next one got there with me looking over his shoulder and working together we found 4.10 was a valid number for that field, but 4.56 was not. This put me in the same position as you, because none of the programmers I tried would recognise my early VIN number as valid and refused to load - finally after trying a second Granatelli (first one was flat out defective), I was able to get in and make the correction. It was very annoying going through this, as the traction control was wacked out because of the gear change and would kill the engine once the transmission shifted into 2nd gear...hope you get it sorted out soon, I feel your pain brother

- psy

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hi all

I'm sitting on the dyno in an 05 Auto LS2 SSR right now as I type this.

Basically I'am killing time waiting for Keith at HPTuners to write me back. I cant seem to get HPT v2.2 USB to change the speedo. Got the gear shifting down and scanner speed to match the dyno roller speed.

I'll write back when Keith E-mails me back.

TAD

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
tunedbytad: In most tuning software for the SSR, the screen where you make the rear axle ratio change also AUTOMATICALLY corrects the speedo without you ming a separate entry for it.

That screen can be very confusing, as it shows both values that you can alter and ALSO values that you do NOT alter, but that rather are calculated or simply copied by the software based upon your entered values. If you try to edit the calculation values, ytou WILL screw everything up royally.

The ONLY field you want to change is the gear ratio one, and only in the correct place. By that, I mean there are two places where that value appears, but only one of them is editable. The other is for calculations. In EFILive, the editable one is near the BOTTOM of the screen. I don't remember where it is in HP Tuner.

I know this sounds terribly cnfusing, but that's because it IS. This section of the PCM programming was less than user friendly.

Jim G

1 - 11 of 11 Posts