Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Trygodfirst
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATED ASKING PRICE see below
bought these two week ago before I knew we would find and buy the ssr of our dreams. A pac blue with plenty of hp and torque from the 6.0

From East Coast Gear Supply:
American Axle 4.10 ring & pinion gear set for Torsen differential;
Rear master install kit with Timken bearings; 8 One-quart bottles of Lucas 85w-140 gear oil; ) enough so we can change fluids after 500 miles)
Rear axle bearing & seal kit.
Parts: $468.00
Asking $375.00 plus shipping

·
Trygodfirst
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bought these two week ago before I knew we would find and buy the ssr of our dreams. A pac blue with plenty of hp and torque from the 6.0

Rear master install kit with Timken bearings; 8 One-quart bottles of Lucas 85w-140 gear oil; ) enough so we can change fluids after 500 miles)
Asking $400.00 plus shipping
These gears will work in 2003-2006 AUTOMATIC Ssr. Of course speedometer would need corection

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Shipping cost may be a deal breaker. The gears are heavy. Hopefully you can find a local buyer. If not, perhaps you can add the gears and the cost with your SSR when you sell it?

PS; Too bad you didn't stick the gears in. The extra performance would likely help sell the truck.

·
Trygodfirst
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shipping cost may be a deal breaker. The gears are heavy. Hopefully you can find a local buyer. If not, perhaps you can add the gears and the cost with your SSR when you sell it?

PS; Too bad you didn't stick the gears in. The extra performance would likely help sell the truck.
True but I’d never get the $4-5 hundred it cost to install back. Might be tough to get my parts sold also but if they haven’t sold I’ll think about adding them to deal

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,019 Posts
I’d just install them in your new Pac Blue For even more ooooommph! :D
A good computer tune will yield the same change in performance, without the additional cost of installation. The 05-06 doesn't have an easy computer correction for gears, like the 03-04 does.

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevrolet SSR manual transmission
369 Posts

Asking $400.00 plus shipping
You might contact East Coast Gear and see what other GM vehicles this gearset & kit will fit, there are numerous with Torsens including Camaros, Firebird TAs, possibly GTOs and so on. You would have a wider audience on a larger platform like ebay, craig's, etc to reach these potential buyers & you might think beyond Fedx, UPS & USPS as a way to ship if necessary.
If this works please don't neglect to send me my $.02

·
Trygodfirst
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A good computer tune will yield the same change in performance, without the additional cost of installation. The 05-06 doesn't have an easy computer correction for gears, like the 03-04 does.
You might contact East Coast Gear and see what other GM vehicles this gearset & kit will fit, there are numerous with Torsens including Camaros, Firebird TAs, possibly GTOs and so on. You would have a wider audience on a larger platform like ebay, craig's, etc to reach these potential buyers & you might think beyond Fedx, UPS & USPS as a way to ship if necessary.
If this works please don't neglect to send me my $.02
thanks man. If it doesn’t sell I’ll either make it a package deal with redline red and our custom trailer.

·
Trygodfirst
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
UPDATED ASKING PRICE see below

Asking $375.00 plus shipping
Bump

1 - 11 of 11 Posts