Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I heard from a fellow SSR owner, yesterday, that Chevy has or is coming out with a new exhaust system that give the SSR an extra 40+ horsepower kick.

And if it is available which engine is it made for; the 03, 04, 05, or 06?

Thanks and ~Happy Holidays~! :flag

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Rollex said:
I heard from a fellow SSR owner, yesterday, that Chevy has or is coming out with a new exhaust system that give the SSR an extra 40+ horsepower kick. And if it is available which engine is it for, the 03, 04, 05, or 06?
Where did this information come from. It would be great but I doubt it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SS My R said:
Where did this information come from. It would be great but I doubt it.
I met a guy who owns a yellow 04 SSR, (like mine), at the local shopping center. We got to talking and he eventually told me that he had heard, (but not from where), that this was a new Chevy part/accessory. He's on vacation now so I can't really ask him for about another week.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SS My R said:
I wonder is he talking about a special set of headers or something?
Not sure. it was a brief conversation. I'm finding out for sure when he gets back. He was very certain that it was purchasable from Chevy though...

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
There is lots a money to be made on that there "snake " oil.......
I personally hope this one is true, but I'm not holding my breath :rolleyes:

·
Registered
893 Posts
Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Lets see, buy one of these exaust systems and one of those fantastic high performance filter systems and hummm......... lets see walllllllaaaaaah 60 more horses for our SSRs........hummmmmmmm that'ed make mine 450 HP......wow..... PoP! I just woke up from that dream :rolleyes: :willy: :willy:

B

·
0 Posts
Putting headers, hiflo cats, green filter 3" exhaust=31rwhp on my 05.
Performance tune from ed wright added another 54rwhp for a total of 85rwhp
from stock. the sc has added another 65rwhp to that=150 rwhp added from the stock :ssr

We will dyno it again after the tranny kit gets installed. The torque management still holds it back some with the trany slipping a bit.

It started stock at 285 rwhp on a mustang dyno

·
Registered
166 Posts
New Red Tag

Another (RED TAG) idea from GM..........they de-tuned the F N 05 with torque management so we had to wait for A predator tuner to be made available (HMMMM sooon maybe) now there gonna make something that will give us more HP pass that F N bottle this away LMAO

·
Registered
893 Posts
Snake oil????

No No No.....Snake oil on TV goes for 19.95......today only and if you buy today.....we'll throw in a second bottle.........and a high flow air filter system that will give you 40 RWH....and...10 more mpg......but thats today only....... :glol :glol :glol

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Whitewolf said:
No No No.....Snake oil on TV goes for 19.95......today only and if you buy today.....we'll throw in a second bottle.........and a high flow air filter system that will give you 40 RWH....and...10 more mpg......but thats today only....... :glol :glol :glol

The shipping is $25, right??? :lol :lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts