Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy at work just bought a 2005 Dodge SRT10 with a 6 speed and the new factory change 411 to456 gears.The truck is 500 hp, is about the same wheel and tire height and is about 800 lbs heavier than the SSR. He let me drive it and with the 456 gears, this truck shifts great. Has the same 6 speed tranny as the SSR. First gear felt good, was't shifting too soon like I thought would happen. The tach moved a lot faster, but this was a real thrill to drive The truck just plain performed like it was light even though it was heavy. After driving this I'm definitely ready to switch to 456 gears. I would even do it now with out having a programmer available if all I have to worry about is the speedo beeing off. When the programmer is available I'll change and correct the speedo. Does anyone know like ( Jim Gnitecki ) if this is the only problem I'll have with out having the programmer

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Do some searching of the forums.

I'm pretty sure there was something written about problems with traction control.

There are also strong recommendations that you have a known good programmer on hand before the change out.

P

·
0 Posts
You won't have the traction control issue I had with my auto, but your ABS will be messed up as well...get a programmer first, trust me. And yes, the SSR feels at least a thousand pounds lighter with the gear change.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If the ABS messes up, does that mean a light on the dash lights up and I don't have any abs until I have the programmer set the gears.

P

·
0 Posts
Yes, you will get a warning about defective brakes...but I drove mine that way for a few weeks while I tried different programmers to find one that works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts