Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Speed Or Jim-g Or Anyone

Ring&pinion On The Way From Randys And They Told Me That You Had To Disable The Tc When You Changed Gears Or It Would Spit & Sputter.

Anyone Know About This.

Chief

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
I think the traction control will think it is spinning the tires until you get the computer set up for it. I would wait on the install until the programmers are released or you will have the problem that BobA was having with his. No matter who messed with his setting they couldnt get the speedometer to read correct. The new programmer will be able to fix that.

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
I agree with 2005SSR6speed. There are potential problems on 05 / 06s with this until a microtuner or tuning software becomes available for them.

Jim G

·
Premium Member
73,966 Posts
JimGnitecki said:
I agree with 2005SSR6speed. There are potential problems on 05 / 06s with this until a microtuner or tuning software becomes available for them.

Jim G
I am now in the process of buying some 4 10 gears for my 06... Can the local chevy dealer adjust my speedometer after the install???? Or do I have to wait for a programmer..???

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
ITHINK I read somewhere on this board some time back that another 05 SSR owner found out that the dealer's Tech II unit could alter the gear ratio in the PCM to 4.10, but not 4.56.

If true, the reason is PROBABLY that 4.10 is still offered as a factory option by GM for SUVs ad pickup trucks in the GM line-up, for trailer towing applications (they can't get the required GWCWR without the high ratio), while 4.56 is NOT currently available from GM.

So, ask your Chevy dealer.

This is a question we SHOULD be able to ask GM, but they apparently prefer ONE way communication - their advertising to us - rather than 2-way.:)

That's why I don't know for sure if my theory is correct.

Jim G

1 - 6 of 6 Posts