Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Sweet, makes you think about selling the LS2 in the SSR and getting the BIG DOG motor, doesn't it?

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually the 471 is an LS2, it would not be good for a daily driver due to the longer stroke and stress put on the sleeves and block at bottom dead center. They recommend no more the 427 for a street engine. Would make a heck of a race engine.

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had talked with the owner about a year back, he wanted custom fuel rail covers designed for his engines. He didnt want to pay anything for the covers so I closed down the request. What you are buying is a head and cam crate engine. You can do much better then the prices there!

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mike - Take a good look at this crate for a very resonable price. Add the supercharger later and you are set. Get this with a 10.5 to 1 compression ratio and run 6 psi boost for a very streetable monster. What is nice about using the LS1 based engine is you dont have to worry about a different valley pan, crank trigger, knock sensors or timing set changes to get it hooked up in your SSR.

http://www.rapidmotorsports.com/mod...=66&intProductId=457&intModelId=3&intYearId=6

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With the cam and heads it has on it, should be at about 350-370 RWHP normally aspirated if not higher. You could have them build it with the supercharger in mind, the cam would need to be like the one in my head and cam package. This would give you a great idle and top end HP. You would have to make sure it is about 10.5 compression ratio so you dont have to over-spin the supercharger. You could put 6 psi boost to it and have a great combination. You would also need to make sure they know it is going into an SSR with automatic and a higher stall converter like the one JimG just got would help too. This would still be cheaper then the trade for an 05-06 and you could still completely build the transmission for the added HP. Phoenix transmission has a great setup, once again talk with JimG as he is getting this too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts