Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Just a reminder, The Friendswood 4th of July Parade is approaching quickly. This is the Longest Continually Running 4th of July Parade in the U.S. This is number 122 and the first, hopefully of many, that The SSR Group will be a part of. Come on out and let's give that Corvette Club some competition for the attendees too gaze upon.Questions? Contact Me either here or email [email protected].

Thanks

·
Premium Member
308 Posts

Just a reminder, The Friendswood 4th of July Parade is approaching quickly. This is the Longest Continually Running 4th of July Parade in the U.S. This is number 122 and the first, hopefully of many, that The SSR Group will be a part of. Come on out and let's give that Corvette Club some competition for the attendees too gaze upon.Questions? Contact Me either here or email [email protected].

Thanks
What time does parade start? Also how long is it expected to last?

:blue:

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Participants in the Parade have too be in the Staging area no later than 830-845. Parade starts at 9AM and it is anticipated that it will be over around 11-1130. Since We cannot stop at the Park that is the finish of the Parade, I was going too invite everyone too my Home too cool down in the AC and maybe have some Dogs or Burgers and something Cold too drink afterward.

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Can't Make It

Can't make it.

It was 29 years ago on 4th of July we lost our independence.

It's our 29th Wedding Anniversary on the 4th of July, 2018.

Skip and Josefa
(Skip2004)

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,811 Posts
Can't make it.

It was 29 years ago on 4th of July we lost our independence.

It's our 29th Wedding Anniversary on the 4th of July, 2018.

Skip and Josefa
(Skip2004)
And you are not going to let ALL of Friendswood, TX help you celebrate????

Have a VERY Happy Anniversary!!!!

Reactions: RedlineRyder

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well Happy Anniversary ( Early ). Pleasure Meeting the both of You Saturday. Hope too do it again soon.

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope I am posting the link that will show the Parking area where the Staging for the participants takes place. It will be in the parking area behind the Subway and can be accessed by either staying on FM2351 through the intersection or left on FM 518 and then right into the parking area. I think LEO may be directing the flow so it might make things move better. ( or Not, lol ).

https://www.mapquest.com/.../tx/friendswood/.../104-s-friendswood-dr-29.533171,-9...

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well true too form, that link didnt work as it was provided. So I am putting another one in...

http://mapq.st/2DY2Ops Coming South on the Gulf Frwy, Take the Friendswood exit and head West. The Fifth Traffic light will be the intersection of FM 2351 and FM 518. The Staging area will be through the intersection and left into the parking lot of the strip shopping center. If coming North on I45, take the League City Parkway exit, stay on the Feeder until FM 518 ( due too construction ) turn left on FM 518 and proceed into town ( approximately 8-10 miles ) to the FM2351 intersection. Gathering area will be on your left before this intersection.

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello Everyone. If you are planning on participating in the Friendswood 4th of July Parade, the City has sent out finalized directions to the assigned staging areas. Our Group is in Staging area 6 on the attached map. The City has requested that We gather at another location and travel together to Our Staging area. I am thinking that the Valero Station on FM 2351 and Blackhawk Blvd. would be a good location to meet. Gas if anyone needs it and cold drinks if anyone forgets theirs. I can be there too meet everyone and lead into the staging area. I will be there no later than 830 that morning which will give Us time too travel to our assigned staging area.

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am unable too attach the map too this post. Anyone needs help, call Me on my Cell 281- 299- 8650 and I will guide You in. Coming North or South on the Gulf Fwy, take the FM 2351, Friendswood Exit and go West. Valero station will be on the Left hand side after passing Clear Brook High School. From there We will drive FM 2351 into town and make our way too our staging point.
Look forward too seeing You all.

Bill and Spring
TheXCepsion

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Mother Nature doesn't look like she wants to cooperate.... We'll see, you never know in this town.

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maybe with the anticipated overcast, it wont be so hot. Parade will go on rain or shine. Cross our fingers..

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks to Both of You, just proves bad weather doesnt make bad outtings, if You are with Friends. Next year will be better. It was our pleasure too welcome You into our home for the Dogs and snacks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts