Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Anyone Who Has A Magnaflow 2 Into 2 Exhaust Also Have 5 Inch Tips. I Have The Exhaust System But Before I Put The Tips I Need Some First Hand Info On The Sound. Like Deeper-louder-more Tinnie-brash-ect.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Exhuat tips

chief said:
Does Anyone Who Has A Magnaflow 2 Into 2 Exhaust Also Have 5 Inch Tips. I Have The Exhaust System But Before I Put The Tips I Need Some First Hand Info On The Sound. Like Deeper-louder-more Tinnie-brash-ect.
I have the magnaflow 5'' tips and they sound great!

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Rick157 said:
I have the magnaflow 5'' tips and they sound great!

:agree I have them on both my 05's and love them. Look great, sound great and beat of all, when installed properly, they help fill up that large opening on either side. GM should have had them from the start!

Marc

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
Fwiw....

I took my 5" tips off in favor of 4" ones that I like better. Didn't care for the "rusty looking" internal part of the 5"ers. I'll sell the 5" tips if your interested...PM me.

P/P

Peace:flag

·
Registered
893 Posts
Tips....

Purple Penelope said:
I took my 5" tips off in favor of 4" ones that I like better. Didn't care for the "rusty looking" internal part of the 5"ers. I'll sell the 5" tips if your interested...PM me.

P/P

Peace:flag

You should have painted the insides of the tip with header paint and baked it........no rust....and looks great....:seeya

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Whitewolf said:
You should have painted the insides of the tip with header paint and baked it........no rust....and looks great....:seeya

I think Magnaflow should have done that......but it looks like the next time I'm ready to make my truck look great, I'll have to remember your tip. :jester

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Whitewolf said:

Just wondering if brake caliper paint would hold up?

I agree with P/P. The rusty look is not great but I do like the way they fill up the opening.

Will have to look into this paint idea---------

Marc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts